Sign in to follow this  
chris90

Idea to stop farming on emty server

Hi

There are many server which are abused to farm gear - especially night server. there are only 5 up to 10 ppl online and 90% of them are at balota to loot the tents and barracks.

so what about a "match-making" system like CoD MW 2 for example.

You set up the server Options, someting like "Day Only Server" or "Firstperson only". In the lobby you can invite your friends and then connect just via click on play to a server. 

The "match-making" system let you connect to server A untill its full, then server B, server C. and so on....

with this system we would have 10 full server instead of 200 server with only 2 players and nobody can use dead server to farm equip to KoS you on full servers.

Edit:

dont get me wrong.

and iam not talking about the same system like in CoD

if you are alone and all server A , B , C are full then you dont have to wait for another 39 player. you join the server D and start playing.

Edited by chris90

That's a pretty good idea. 

It would make it hard to play with friends though, and it would really, really hurt rentals of DayZ servers, since it's hard to imagine people rent them for reasons other than playing with friends/having a safe haven and more than anything else loot farming. 

I personally think the server hopping will come to a halt once the loot is programed to respawn in regular intervals.

Majority of people that server hop usually do it just because there is not much point playing on a full server with no loot.....

• Like 3

You do realise when loot starts re-spawning server hopping won't really be an issue at all?

Sure some still will but there will be no need to loot farm at all just move on to the next location because it re spawns.

Some people love nigh time servers and some people love less populated servers with less stress to relax a bit more.

Low population servers are used by groups of peoples sometimes.

Just leave it...Focus on server hopping which is the real problem.

Nope. I hate random lobbies. Because of that stupid system in COD I was dropped on hacked lobby.

Edited by Zyryanoff

You do realise when loot starts re-spawning server hopping won't really be an issue at all?

Sure some still will but there will be no need to loot farm at all just move on to the next location because it re spawns.

why should i run 30 minutes from balota to the NWAF if i can just relog on another server ...

I personally think the server hopping will come to a halt once the loot is programed to respawn in regular intervals.

Majority of people that server hop usually do it just because there is not much point playing on a full server with no loot.....

Respawn could reduce it but not much.

the chance to get loot on an emty server is still higher and - more important - safer.

interaction with other players is what this game makes it to the game it is. its much more important than zombis in my opinion.

maybe they could add this system only for public hive and let the private hive like it is.

Some people love nigh time servers and some people love less populated servers with less stress to relax a bit more.

Low population servers are used by groups of peoples sometimes.

Just leave it...Focus on server hopping which is the real problem.

thats why u give them the option to choose - day/night/normal" server and some settings like i said

and with this system, there is no server hopping anymore :)

That's a pretty good idea. 

It would make it hard to play with friends though,

you should be able to create a lobby, invite your friends and join as group on a server 
Edited by chris90

matchmaking system almost always SUCK

they are awesome in Starcraft 2

dont get me wrong.

if you are alone and all server A , B , C are full then you dont have to wait for another 39 player. you join the server D and start playing.

Edited by chris90

Rather not. However I do think something needs to be done against this. Yesterday I saw a server which restarts every 2 minutes and is 24/7 day. I'm fairly sure it is just for looting the shit out of it.

I wish there was a system opposite of giving beans, I would use it now.

No, but do you know why? Because we DO NOT want full servers. They ruin the experience. Any server where half of your lives end right on the beach in a boxing match with another newbie is bad. Like I've said before, player encounters should be rare and special. And even now, farming isn't a large problem, the least populated day servers often have at least 10 people, which is an ideal population in my opinion.

EDIT: In addition, in the future servers won't be as generic and uniform as they are now. There will be private hives, different settings etc. You'll want to pick out a specific server at that time to play on, so randomly joining the most populated one might not be enjoyable in terms of settings.

Edited by Jaginun

So can someone explain why loot farming on an empty server needs to be stopped? Is it really an issue?

I know it happens, but it doesn't really impact anyone. They can't even horde the loot without any storage yet. So if someone wants to avoid other players and go where there's more likely to be loot, why shouldn't they?

I understand the problems with things like ghosting and combat logging, but this seems like you're making a big deal out of nothing.

Hi

There are many server which are abused to farm gear - especially night server. there are only 5 up to 10 ppl online and 90% of them are at balota to loot the tents and barracks.

so what about a "match-making" system like CoD MW 2 for example.

You set up the server Options, someting like "Day Only Server" or "Firstperson only". In the lobby you can invite your friends and then connect just via click on play to a server. 

The "match-making" system let you connect to server A untill its full, then server B, server C. and so on....

with this system we would have 10 full server instead of 200 server with only 2 players and nobody can use dead server to farm equip to KoS you on full servers.

Edit:

dont get me wrong.

There is a simpler way to do this. Reduce servers forcing ppl to group up in high pop servers. But this will make ppl farm private servers more. They could do away with private servers as well but this would cause a huge uproar with ppl to.

So....what your saying is if someone rents a server and no one else plays on it for a time then they should leave their own server to play on someone elses???

You see how things can get complicated easy in here!

Or just add more zombies that actually can kill you? you wont be able to loot so easily since there will still be zombies around.

atm zombies are just funny puppets.

but if they could harm you really good, people will think again before they server hop to farm loot.

Hi.

Sorry, but terrible idea.

I'm on nearly empty servers MOST of the time. Not for easy looting, but because the overwhelming majority of players only play on 24/7 daytime servers. That crap is what causes the problem your complaining about. Seems any given time I look at the list 24/7 daytime servers have at least 20-40+ players and the servers that are set up the way the game was meant to be played are almost empty(2-14 players).

IMHO, 24/7 daylight servers ruin DayZ.

Regards.

• Like 1

Please no. Keep peasant ideas and peasant MM away from my precious master race PC gaming. I play on the same server every day and it just so happens that when I'm online it is night and there are few people on. Is it my fault that that's the condition of the server that happened to have the best ping for me and continues to prove stable day after day? No it's not. If I wanted to be stuck in a 40 person daytime server every single day I would just cut off one of my arms and go play CoD. This is PC gaming and this is ARMA. What do you have against me playing MY sandbox MY way anyway?

• Like 1

No No No match making it may not be like cod or you don't want it to be but i rather play on empty servers to avoid players yes it keeps my meeting rare and when i do meet players they are less likely to kill me we talk and group up sometimes sometimes go on high pop servers and those who only loot empty servers for there gear for the most don't handle player encounters very well so who cares if they have good gear also i don't like being forced to get in full servers when i can join a half way full instead of those crazy full servers where you are always likely to meet someone