Sreep

Quo vadis ethics?

Mankind used to work together against the environment since its beginning. I dont see why the existence of Zeds (who just are quivalent to dangerous animals like crocodiles or lions) should be something entirely different. Yes, there are predators in nature, they dont primary hunt themselfes.

There are several differences between the plains of Africa and this zombie apocalypse. For one, zombies are actively aggressive, even the most dangerous of animals are mainly territorial. Secondly, it would be like if every time a lion or croc killed a human, there would be another lion or croc against you. Thirdly, like Max Brooks mentions in his books, while many countries are attributed with waging 'total war', they can't. Not everyone can be dedicated to winning 100% of the time. Zombies can however, they don't sleep, don't have recreational activities, and their sole mission in life is to track and eat humans. Combine that with an altogether less fertile and fruitfilled landscape of Chenarus, and you've got yourself a scenario for people killing for the scraps.

And yes, they don't hunt themselves, but players in DayZ don't 'hunt' humans either. Most of the time they will kill other players because they have something they need to survive. The only exception I could see is the geared up PvP groups who actually KoS. This is simply a combination of how videogames can't be perfect, and the lack of content in the game. As soon as people can find things which they can't get again in 30 minutes, they'll start acting a lot more protectively.

Edited by Jaginun

My suggestion:

Equipment from players that were murdered by other players should be "ruined" completely.

-exceptions could be ammunition and/or food.

What is your opinion?

Greetings, Sreep.

This doesen´t work. PVP´ler don´t care about the Stuff they only care about killing. The Stuff is only a "bonus" but not the motivation.

The motivation is to kill.

Real World:

In the real world there are more consequences and personal fear, because you have only 1 Life.

If someone acting like they do in this game and start massive killing in a limited area he get hunt down by normal humans, because they protect they Familie & Friends.

There is no anonymity in real life so they have to face the consequences.

BUT...

This is a Game, so people acting like sociopath/psychopath because there is no fear of die, no fear of getting hurt, no fear of the consequences and the anonymity protecting they psychopath behavior.

Only a System that stop the anonymity protecting and brings consequences for this behavior can cool down this problem, but this will not happen because people love to be antisocial and will cry massive if DeanHall brings in a system that cool down the KOS.

There are to many COD/BF4 Kiddie´s so they will start a massive rage against all Cool Down systems. ;)

No matter what the Real world acting is...it is not about balance it is only about killing.

My Suggestions:

1.killed by [Name] Message with Weaponname + 10-30 min show on the Map where he is with his name

2.if a player kill in time [XXmin] more then [x]player then he gets 200% more Zed Aggro Level + double Radius

The  cool down to normal Zed Aggro level with 1 Hour phase 

3.if a player is more then 1-2Hour in the Spawnzones then he gets 200% more Zed Aggro Level + double Radius

The  cool down to normal Zed Aggro level with 1 Hour phase

This are Solutions that can work.

Edited by DaGolem

So am I right that you overtake every discussion which questiones mindless KoS because you think you and your group are awesome and you feel that everyone should know it?

Okay, let me start again.

Since this is ought to be a survival game and since KoS in real life has not been proven to be a valuable survival technic (there is no species that hunts itself down for bare enjoyment), some think, because that playstile is overly rewarding, without having drawbacks (which would be realistic, mind there's a reason why people actually can life together) - a penalty for deathmatcher can be justified.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.  We do not KOS.  The thing that makes this game a rewarding experience is the constant risk that comes from interactions.  My group chooses to mitigate that risk by killing them (through unconventional means).  Who said this has to be a real life simulation?  To me it is just a game.  Penalizing people who kill others would make this game terrible and turn it into a "life" game.  Maybe that is what you want?  Maybe that is what you need.  

Edited by Propulsion_Joe

I always wonder, people say that they played DayZ from the start, yet you try to communicate with people from a distance where they could axe your face. Didn't you learn anything from DayZ mod? I would never get close to someone that I don't know or would them even get close to me.

And no, I want to hunt people for their gear and upgrades this would ruining it for me.

/edit/ 

Btw you always had people sniping freshspawns from the start in Dayz mod, snipers with their L85ASW and a sniper rifle hunting people in Electro or Cherno.

Edited by Chauz

The whole "i kill because i need to survive" is a pretty shitty argument, because it is easy to find food,you can fill all of your thirst in every village and just avoid people.People kill for fun and gear,then self defence.People in RL don't do that.If some survivor would find another experienced surviver armed and willing to share the survivor doesn't think"i should just kill him and take his stuff"

They would work together,because that's how humans work. Are you in a dangerous situation? Get another human. Need food? Ask another human. And so on.

Also,considering animals are not target of the zombies,food would be easy to hunt,and since the Zeds don't leave the towns farming would be easy too.

So it all comes down to either "Nice gun you have there" or "Lulz you noob i killed you!"

The whole "i kill because i need to survive" is a pretty shitty argument, because it is easy to find food,you can fill all of your thirst in every village and just avoid people.People kill for fun and gear,then self defence.People in RL don't do that.If some survivor would find another experienced surviver armed and willing to share the survivor doesn't think"i should just kill him and take his stuff"

They would work together,because that's how humans work. Are you in a dangerous situation? Get another human. Need food? Ask another human. And so on.

Also,considering animals are not target of the zombies,food would be easy to hunt,and since the Zeds don't leave the towns farming would be easy too.

So it all comes down to either "Nice gun you have there" or "Lulz you noob i killed you!"

Everyone gets along great till you have something they want.