Sign in to follow this  
Wightlion

Book em, Dano

Ingame for 3 days now and thoroughly enjoying it and some but here's a question,...what's the significance of the books lying around and what purpose,if any,do they have ?

I found a copy of Call of Cthulhu before the character wipes, I'm still looking for one since I never even got the chance to crack it open. 

• Like 1

Book 'em Danno..?

Hmmm, I'm gonna take a wild guess here fella. I'd say going by the title and the fact that you are in 2 locations that like me you're 'old enough to know better?'

:D

Edited by aodqw97

.what's the significance of the books lying around and what purpose,if any,do they have ?

To convert all of us to Christianity ;)

K8isEbT.jpg

Edited by Aussie Bogan

K8isEbT.jpg

Got my pristine New Testament and a copy of the Magna Carta I think. I'd actually really like a copy of the Qur'an, been meaning to read it one of these days.

• Like 1

aodqw97

Most definately old enough but  am not sure about the knowing better bit   :rolleyes: 

If you take a look on my signature, I am proposing to Rocket to make them useful.

thats a stupid idea, why burn the books? why not use as someones diary that contains some info for interesting hiding loot? you suggesting to destroy the only little thing that left from the civilization?

Just kidding... but my idea is better :p

K8isEbT.jpg

Who would have a guessed, another stupid internet picture that no one finds funny.

And the slow torturous murder of the wink emoticon.

Edited by dayzhopeful

you need to add it to your tool bar first, then you can open the book by pressing the corresponding number and read. iId been taking a crack at "Moby Dick" but to be honest I found the language a little too flowery, then my character reset & I have no urge to find it and finish it in the rw, now I've picked up a copy of "the art of war", something to do for those prepared to overwatch a position for hours to pass the time. great addition to the game, a book mark would be nice too.

They are in so if someone say me for instance wanted to run around in priest clothing (Potentially) literally beating people with the bible... I can... =) did I mention that I love Dayz? I know you can read them now but the ability to beat literally "thump" someone with a bible is to tempting to pass up... besides who reads now a days hur hur hur :-P