Isaaq

"It's an alpha."

Way too fucking long didn't read past the first couple of sentences.

They SHOULDN'T complain about bugs. They should report them, get over it, and move on to finding other bugs. It's an alpha and I don't know why "IT'S AN ALPHA" needed its own entire thread when there are plenty of people that point that fact out in every other thread.

Listen to this guy. Enough of these "I payed 30 USD for this, and this doesn't work, the devs are lazy assholes, bla bla bla" shit!

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 2

i didnt, and i wont, and what did they add in game in total? a revolver?

5.1 million dollars, 15 days and all they add is a fucking revolver? OOOH yeah, and they need to go on holyday vacations, cause no one ever works on holdays, right? They made 5 million on the back of people that want this game to get better and what do they do? Say a big FUCK the customers and go out to spend their money, the game people paid for can wait.

A revolver! That's a hell of a lot more than you do in 15 days of bitching and moaning. The game people paid for WILL wait because it's not a finished game. What part of "it's an alpha" bounced off your skull instead of being understood? This is not a game. It is a work in progress. You are not here to PLAY it. You are here to TEST it. Go educate yourself and then come back when you can grow up and stop acting like a brat.

• Like 4

5.1 million dollars, 15 days and all they add is a fucking revolver? OOOH yeah, and they need to go on holyday vacations, cause no one ever works on holdays, right? They made 5 million on the back of people that want this game to get better and what do they do? Say a big FUCK the customers and go out to spend their money, the game people paid for can wait.

If you read the update notes they did more than add a revolver.

It doesn't matter how much money they've made.  Hall already said the game is a little over a year from release state.  5 million dollars isn't going to make the DayZ team suddenly able to put out a year's worth of development in a month or two.

There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that goes on during development, such as game engine development, improvements to server/client architecture, etc.

The point of the Alpha isn't to make the game the most fun possible right now and to immediately fix anything that "ruins" your gameplay experience.

The point of the Alpha is testing, server/hive stress testing, providing constructive feedback, reporting bugs and exploits, etc.

If you have actually followed the development team, they're highly transparent, they openly request feedback from the playerbase and have also said there are hundreds more items in the works during the next few months.

If you had bothered to read the game description before you bought it and what Dean Hall has publicly repeated numerous times, the Alpha is for fans and people who are able to deal with bugs, features not fully implemented and the game being in an unfinished state.  It sounds like you've never played an Alpha before because this is actually great for an Alpha release.  Most Alphas I've played have been massive crashfests, often barely playable with large amounts of server (hive in this case) downtime where you can't even play the game.

On top of that, in other Alphas I've been in, if you didn't actively provide constructive feedback and report bugs and just complained about your gameplay experience being ruined by some feature, bug, OP weapon, other players, etc. you would actually get kicked from the Alpha testing.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 2

A revolver! That's a hell of a lot more than you do in 15 days of bitching and moaning. The game people paid for WILL wait because it's not a finished game. What part of "it's an alpha" bounced off your skull instead of being understood? This is not a game. It is a work in progress. You are not here to PLAY it. You are here to TEST it. Go educate yourself and then come back when you can grow up and stop acting like a brat.

if i'm going to only test for the devs and cant complain about them going on vacations just after the alpha release, they should be paying me right? cause i'm doing them a favor.

But no, people PAID 40 FREAKING DOLLARS on this alpha, and then the devs just go on vacation and say screw you.

That's really professional of them, really...

It's called the bug tracker. Making forum posts does not actually HELP the dev team at all. Do you really think they're just on here 24/7 reading your stupid threads? NO! They have a dedicated system for tracking bugs, so use it.

But no, people PAID 40 FREAKING DOLLARS on this alpha, and then the devs just go on vacation and say screw you.

The alpha is $30, so stop exaggerating. It's $30 right now on the steam store. They didn't "screw us." Rocket made public statements on popular media sites, here, on streams, on videos, basically all over the internet, that people should not buy this game if they aren't willing to buy an unfinished product. Shut up you stupid child. If $30 is really that much of a loss for you, then maybe you should get a REAL FUCKING JOB and stop spending money on video games.

Oh, and did you miss the Bohemia sale that was right before the alpha launch? You could have picked up Arma 2 with all the expansions for about 7 bucks and probably had a better time with the mod. It's still really fun, the Standalone is not your only option.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 2

if i'm going to only test for the devs and cant complain about them going on vacations just after the alpha release, they should be paying me right? cause i'm doing them a favor.

People who post garbage like this ^^ are why other people post stuff like, "It's an Alpha."

Who paid "40 FREAKING DOLLARS"?  It costs $29.99USD on Steam.

You said, "the devs just go on vacation and say screw you"?  How old are you?  Have you ever even had a full time job that wasn't for 2 months in the summer if even that?  Just because the game has sold well they shouldn't have a holiday break?  What exactly have you been doing over the holiday break?  Working in the coal mines?

And you said you're doing the devs a favor by testing the game? 

Did you not read this in the game description before you bought the game?

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 2

No you little brat THEY DID YOU A FAVOR. They gave you the opportunity to be part of the development team (in a way) and shape the game's future. They gave you a way to invest now into a product that will be finished later. And apparently most importantly to you, THEY GAVE YOU A GAME NOW THAT IS HALF THE PRICE OF WHAT IT WILL BE IN A YEAR WHEN IT IS FINISHED. STOP BEING A BRAT.

• Like 2

People who post garbage like this ^^ are why other people post stuff like, "It's an Alpha."

Who paid "40 FREAKING DOLLARS"?  It costs $29.99USD on Steam.

You said, "the devs just go on vacation and say screw you"?  How old are you?  Have you ever even had a full time job that wasn't for 2 months in the summer if even that?  Just because the game has sold well they shouldn't have a holiday break?  What exactly have you been doing over the holiday break?  Working in the coal mines?

And you said you're doing the devs a favor by testing the game? 

Did you not read this in the game description before you bought the game?

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Yeah man, I agreed that people bitching like this guy deserve to be told to STFU. However, I've seen plenty of people be told it's an alpha, shut the fuck up when they've been completely polite and not complaining.

The point about bug fixes is valid - and I've not posted anything about bugs on the forum. However, I've seen people suggest things (and suggested things myself) in polite ways and still had people tell them/me to shut up, it's an alpha. There is a feature suggestion section on the forum. I use it - as do most people. People might say a lot of what is being suggested is in the planned release area... But generally people aren't saying 'Add this to the game.' Their saying 'This needs to be a priority - and here is why' or 'This is how this could be improved.' That's completely fine - and the fact it's an alpha does not mean people shouldn't be saying that kind of thing... The fact it's an alpha means that they in fact should.

You might say you don't do it - or even that you haven't seen it. But I've seen that kind of thing regularly - and it needs to stop as it's nothing but counter productive.

shut up, I paid for the game, I deserve a FULL GAME. 

No. You paid for an alpha. You deserve an alpha now - and a full game later.
Edited by Isaaq
  • Like 4

Yeah man, I agreed that people bitching like this guy deserve to be told to STFU.  

No. You paid for an alpha. You deserve an alpha now - and a full game later.

TrollFace.jpg

Edited by DaveZ

most of the people crying about things, aren't asking for things to be implemented. They're crying about bugs/glitches etc. on a related note I am going to have to find more "Oh look its this thread again" pictures

TrollFace.jpg

Not really. Should I be?

Oh, by the way, the bitching part wasn't about you.

Edited by Isaaq

Yeah man, I agreed that people bitching like this guy deserve to be told to STFU. However, I've seen plenty of people be told it's an alpha, shut the fuck up when they've been completely polite and not complaining.

The point about bug fixes is valid - and I've not posted anything about bugs on the forum. However, I've seen people suggest things (and suggested things myself) in polite ways and still had people tell them/me to shut up, it's an alpha. There is a feature suggestion section on the forum. I use it - as do most people. People might say a lot of what is being suggested is in the planned release area... But generally people aren't saying 'Add this to the game.' Their saying 'This needs to be a priority - and here is why' or 'This is how this could be improved.' That's completely fine - and the fact it's an alpha does not mean people shouldn't be saying that kind of thing... The fact it's an alpha means that they in fact should.

You might say you don't do it - or even that you haven't seen it. But I've seen that kind of thing regularly - and it needs to stop as it's nothing but counter productive.

Yeah, there are some people who come off as a bit abrasive, either because they're tired of seeing the same posts repeatedly (lrn2search syndrome) or because they're just kind of lacking in the manners department.

But by and large, I think responses to constructive feedback and criticism are for the most part positive.

• Like 2

most of the people crying about things, aren't asking for things to be implemented. They're crying about bugs/glitches etc. on a related note I am going to have to find more "Oh look its this thread again" pictures

Yeah, there's a difference between posting feedback/suggestions, reporting bugs and then complaining about bugs because they're ruining your gameplay.  It's the latter that often gets people chastised.

As far as "Oh look it's this thread again.", I personally prefer Spiderman. :P

GktlOfI.jpg

I see the trolls have appeared after news of a new patch has spread, now suddenly "it's alpha" becomes relevant in this thread, in which it shouldn't have. Oh well.

It's called the bug tracker. Making forum posts does not actually HELP the dev team at all. Do you really think they're just on here 24/7 reading your stupid threads? NO! They have a dedicated system for tracking bugs, so use it.

The alpha is $30, so stop exaggerating. It's $30 right now on the steam store. They didn't "screw us." Rocket made public statements on popular media sites, here, on streams, on videos, basically all over the internet, that people should not buy this game if they aren't willing to buy an unfinished product. Shut up you stupid child. If $30 is really that much of a loss for you, then maybe you should get a REAL FUCKING JOB and stop spending money on video games.

Oh, and did you miss the Bohemia sale that was right before the alpha launch? You could have picked up Arma 2 with all the expansions for about 7 bucks and probably had a better time with the mod. It's still really fun, the Standalone is not your only option.

what part about me NOT buying the game you didnt understand?

Here on my country, the game's at 40 bucks, just deal with it.

And it's easy to say "its an alpha" and just let everything stay the way it is now, but the fact is that 700000 people paid for this game, and they just go on a vacation, despite all the game breaking bugs that are still lurking on the game.

I bet that if they didnt sell as much as they sold, they would be working their asses out to fix the bugs, but as they got a shitton of money on their pockets already, there's no point in putting effort.

Well, they didnt put that much effort on the game from the start, as they already did get a shitton of money from arma 2 CO sales, so they took one year and a half to deliver an game far worse than the mod itself (that was coded for free, basically) and charge an stupid amount of money for it, as they knew that the hype would make the game be sold as hell.

And now they'll just slow down the development, so all people will keep defending the game with the "it's an alpha, durr" till it dies.

But as always, the fanboys are all raging and swearing at me for telling what they dont wanna hear.

And for the Ad Hominem there, i'm corporal on the Army, i work my ass out, and the only thing i got was today off work, so dont get this "LULZ U IS LITTLE KIDDIE" argument on me, the brat here's actually you.

Edited by lipemr

Here on my country, the game's at 40 bucks, just deal with it.

Arma3 was £20 im my country. When it hit the shelves in full form (whatever that is these days) it was £40. (We still wait for Campaign missions)

When DayZ reaches FULL GAME mode, the price will double. 

You bought it while it was cheap. You've got a bargain m8. Soon, Dayz Price will double, You'll looK back and laugh. 

• Like 1

Arma3 was £20 im my country. When it hit the shelves in full form (whatever that is these days) it was £40. (We still wait for Campaign missions)

When DayZ reaches FULL GAME mode, the price will double. 

You bought it while it was cheap. You've got a bargain m8. Soon, Dayz Price will double, You'll looK back and laugh. 

will it? When? I dont see a near future where the game's worth more than it is now, looking at the developing speed.

As i said, this game will never leave alpha.

will it? When? I dont see a near future where the game's worth more than it is now, looking at the developing speed.

If you keep trolling, prepare to be'a Rollin 

Call of Duty Fails because it ignores its fanbase. 

Call of Duty Succeeds  because younger generations buy the products, based on older peoples experience. I loved COD:Mw2. Therefore, COD is lovable.

No different to religion. Follow the older generation, the Elders, the Knowledge Bearers

DayZ is  opposite. It's here to create a new religion. It's HARD to accept, but it will restore your faith.... as you keep an edged eye on the project.     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQMiPM8U0QQ

Edited by DaveZ
  • Like 2

And for the Ad Hominem there, i'm corporal on the Army, i work my ass out, and the only thing i got was today off work, so dont get this "LULZ U IS LITTLE KIDDIE" argument on me, the brat here's actually you.

Well, fuck, now I know why the army keeps getting more unpopular with little shits like you in it. You're a shame to the army, a shame to your rank and a shame to your comerades. If you're really a corporal, FUCKING ACT LIKE IT. Because you don't.

• Like 1

Well, fuck, now I know why the army keeps getting more unpopular with little shits like you in it. You're a shame to the army, a shame to your rank and a shame to your comerades. If you're really a corporal, FUCKING ACT LIKE IT. Because you don't.

you dont even know me, and even so you tell me that i'm a shame to my country, LOL.

Nobody here knows NOTHING about me, i'm just here complaining about the lack of professionalism of the dev team, and about the absurd number of fanboys that this community ended up being flooded with.

And in the end, you're just a living proof of my last complaining, you're mad at me just because i stated the obvious, just cause you didnt want to hear it.

And BTW i'm not even american, so fuck off with these "hurr little shits like you make the army worse".

Edited by lipemr

And it's easy to say "its an alpha" and just let everything stay the way it is now, but the fact is that 700000 people paid for this game, and they just go on a vacation, despite all the game breaking bugs that are still lurking on the game.

I bet that if they didnt sell as much as they sold, they would be working their asses out to fix the bugs, but as they got a shitton of money on their pockets already, there's no point in putting effort.

And now they'll just slow down the development, so all people will keep defending the game with the "it's an alpha, durr" till it dies.

But as always, the fanboys are all raging and swearing at me for telling what they dont wanna hear.

So...you're saying, if DayZ SA hadn't sold a lot of copies the whole staff would be working through the holidays...but since they sold a lot of copies of DayZ SA, instead of celebrating the holidays and spending time with their families all those selfish pricks should be working? 

It's funny you bring up "Ad Hominem."  Your entire argument appears to be "DayZ sucks. It's gonna fail. The devs are selfish and unprofessional because they're not working through the holidays. Anyone who argues with me is just a fanboy." and that's all based off the fact that the dev team dared to take a holiday break.

Wow, so...you're saying looking at the developing speed, this game will never leave alpha?  I assume this is from all your experience as an award winning game developer?  Well, thanks for your honesty and insight into game development.

Nobody here knows NOTHING about me, i'm just here complaining about the lack of professionalism of the dev team, and about the absurd number of fanboys that this community ended up being flooded with.

And in the end, you're just a living proof of my last complaining, you're mad at me just because i stated the obvious, just cause you didnt want to hear it.

So, again you're saying the developers taking time off during the holidays to spend with their families (I mean diving into piles of our money, right? lol) shows like a total "lack of professionalism"?

It's funny how just last month, all these companies were all the news being protested and taking flak because they were having their employees work on Thanksgiving and the day after, because according to you they should be working through the holidays.  That's real professionalism?

And while you've been painting yourself as a martyr and claiming all the "fanboys" are unfairly attacking just because they mad that you're pointing out what everyone already knows, that this game is going to fail according to you, you've been insulting people left and right.  In another thread you were calling people autistic fanboys.  Mighty classy, right there.

On top of all that, you haven't even bought the game and played it yourself.  I wonder why people aren't taking you seriously?

And if you truly believe DayZ SA is going to be a massive failure, well there are alternatives.  You could always try out Infestation or Nether.  I've heard good things.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 3

First I would guess your parents are Democrats, and you are being raised as one yourself. How do I come to this conclusion? Only Democrats think that If a pile of money is thrown at something it automatically and immediately becomes better... and simply that is NOT the case. EVER (shit takes time...)

That said... You did NOT pay for a finished polished game, you paid for a broken clunky foundation of a game that has only a little of its envisioned play value.  You paid for an 'alpher' that you got, and all the updates throughout the entire life cycle of the game. You did read all the disclaimers about alpher? Rockets "DON'T BUY THIS GAME..."?, The onus is on you my friend. The butt-hurt you feel is of your own making.

Maybe if people read 'terms and conditions' and all the 'fine print' and/or just simply took an interest in the transactions they make that require opening their wallets beyond "Oh shiny, take my money" attitudes, there would be far less butt-hurt in the world.

I think climbing another mountain may help game development. 

But seriously. We know devs are people, they have families, etc. But what was that last update? One of the first bugs was lack of disabling mouse acceleration. Rocket even confirmed that on twitter. And you tell me that they can't DISABLE useless feature in 10 days? Is putting "If statement" in code that hard? "OH BUT THIS GAME IS SO COMPLICATED AND IT IS ALPHA, STOP BITCHING YOU READ WARNING ON STEAM BEFORE BUYING!!!!!111ONEONE!" yeah, right. But even kid can see that there is something wrong with development. $5mln is enough to hire more developers so everyone can focus on each aspect of game. But when I read on twitter that this game is being debugged at the airport I want to uninstall this game.
We are testers FINE. None of mine reports on bugtracker was verified by moderator, when I saw 90% of issues there. Cool, players are working harder than devs. 

Edited by wirher
  • Like 1