Tangodown69

Ideas For Ghillie Suits

Just a idea, but with the burlap bags why cant you use those to strip and make a ghillie. Now keep in mind that you are crafting a ghillie and by doing this you should be able to harvest/collect the vegetation. Could even use the shirts as rags etc.  just a idea any other suggestions?

• Like 4

Has been suggested before. I liked the idea then, I like it now. 

Why are people fascinated with ghili suits ?

They smell, are heavy, hot and make you look stupid.

They don't obscure you any more than normal camouflage.

• Like 2

http://armytechnology.armylive.dodlive.mil/files/2013/03/Sniper-shooter-1024x682.jpg

Are you so sure about that?

Ghillie suits as craftable items are a nice idea. You do have one point, though. They should make the player overheat/fatigue if left on all the time. A nice bit of balance, that would be.

Huh? Harvesting plants to add to a suit? Not sure if that's how ghillies work. You could craft a makeshift version.. It would be cool, but a bit hard to implement.

In real life maybe, but in DayZ there's been plenty of times that player wearing the ghillie suit has blended into the grass and its saved his life.

Huh? Harvesting plants to add to a suit? Not sure if that's how ghillies work. You could craft a makeshift version.. It would be cool, but a bit hard to implement.

Most guys I know that wore guillies in real world used local vegetation to enhance the suit.

If I have time to look through my photos I had a Sgt in iraq get bored one day and make a guillie out of burlap sacks and that thing was amazing, but that was a brown desert.

Anyway, I say why not, the more craftable stuff the better. After getting all this new clothing though I can say 100% I will never use a guillie in DayZ again.

Meanwhile..in Cherno..

2qkqxrb.jpg

Nothing to see here for i am just a tree.. Move along now...

Yeah - Ghillie suits are a strange one for DayZ. Overall I think they detract a bit from the survival game side of things and make it more about sniping other players. Not big on that. If they do make it in then they should have penalties for encumbrance (when that system is implemented), heat (if a thermal regulation system makes it in - failing that you have to drink more water as a result) and/or running speed. They definitely should not magically hide backpacks or other storage clothing. Having said that the Arma 3 Ghilles look pretty sweet...

You should be able to make them, but you should also NOT want to be wearing a full-body ghillie suit all the time while running for miles through the hills. Same with the motorcycle helmets I'm seeing everywhere, there should be both benefits, and significant disadvantages.

Maybe like ultra rare ghillie costume parts like legs torso and head cover? And you have to find all these parts to craft a full ghillie suit, once the suit is made it overides all clothing and is one whole storage compartment with maybe 8 slots? thats the downside of having a ghillie suit that you cant have alot of food and maybe you cant have a backpack? Reduce alot of people wearing them and maybe only use them at certain times

You should be able to make them, but you should also NOT want to be wearing a full-body ghillie suit all the time while running for miles through the hills. Same with the motorcycle helmets I'm seeing everywhere, there should be both benefits, and significant disadvantages.

Ahh another thing I will never do. Day 1 and 2 I spent running around with that dam helmet on. Won't do it again.

B-but you look tacticool.

• Like 1

I agree with most of the comments above. I say make one cause that's how you do it in real world, ya of course you can buy them but you use standard camo pants/shirt and use molle and burlap to get a good solid camo base. You harvest the vegetation in the environment to camo yourself out. I was thinking along the lines of torso and head cover nothing more cause of being OP. And to sit atop of a hill and snipe bambis happens with or without a ghillie. Don't hate the game hate the players. Look it up online on how to make a ghillie something along those lines.

nope guille makes u like a ninja .... *puff*

Most guys I know that wore guillies in real world used local vegetation to enhance the suit.

If I have time to look through my photos I had a Sgt in iraq get bored one day and make a guillie out of burlap sacks and that thing was amazing, but that was a brown desert.

exactly & if we can craft our own they should be terrain specific to accommodate the different terrains of Chernarus .

your green gillie will do no good in the open hay fields . 

with luck this type of clothing can be secured to the outside of our packs freeing up valuable space .

I'm not too crazy about putting them in the game just yet. If anything they should be a very late-tier item to either find or craft. 

I have personally put together and worn my own home-made ghillie suit using burlap and nylon netting with a multi-cam BDU and sewing kit. As someone who knew nothing about sewing it took me a very long time to make and plenty of testing before it was effective. Also, wearing a ghillie suit while tromping through the woods is VERY ANNOYING. It will constantly get caught on twigs and branches, and grabbing anything from your vest or pants becomes a huge pain as well. They are HOT! Playing woodsball in Florida with one is not recommended as I almost had a heat stroke and eventually just threw it in the closet never to be used again.

There should be massive drawbacks to wearing one and learning requirements (sewing, tailoring) before being able to craft one.