Sign in to follow this  
Jaygoon

Dayz community is awesome(ish) imho.

As well as Dayz forums i haunt the Star Citizen forums sometimes too and recently i posted a thread entitled "Star Citizen will be Dayz in space" lol

Wow was i flamed alot lol, If you think there are alot of PVE only carebears who dont want to ever die or lose items ingame in the Dayz community then think again, Star Citizen has them in abundance lol

So next time you think Dayz community sucks, think again, cos others are far worse than Dayz peeps :)

Edited by Jaygoon
  • Like 2

you really cant compare those two games, in dayz when die its done, in SC you build up a character with heirs and wealth.

I actually agree this is probably one of the smarter more interesting gaming communities i've been active in!

Hello there

PVE and carebears do not equal poor or bad. Just a different playstyle.

PvP bandits can be idiots as well as PvE carebears.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I actually agree this is probably one of the smarter more interesting gaming communities i've been active in!

Dont recall this many KoS threads in the mod tho, Am wondering where these type of players are coming from and what games they normally play.

Also wondering why they surprised that Dayz is this hardcore, Most of them must have watched vids before buying surely :)

Altho am thinking if many did play the mod, they probably played Epoch.

So Epoch is to blame :O lol

To be perfectly honest with you, smart isn't the right word here. Afterall the forum "Search" function seems to be too complicated to some people. Or you just haven't seen too many communities.

I could name one game right away, that probably has one of the most mature and smartest communities.

• Like 2

To be perfectly honest with you, smart isn't the right word here. Afterall the forum "Search" function seems to be too complicated to some people. Or you just haven't seen too many communities.

I could name one game right away, that probably has one of the most mature and smartest communities.

Mostly agree with above poster. Not the best community, I don't want to give away the secret  give the impression that I'm a snobbish, uptight hipster, but it was probably better before DayZ was popular. Not to jamble anyones michaels but the mass publications on youtube have meant that some of the 'younger' or 'less mature' patrons of the game have polluted the game with their heretical ways changed the dynamic of the game community somewhat.

Edited by Jaginun
  • Like 2

I don't want to give away the secret give the impression that I'm a snobbish, uptight hipster, but it was probably better before DayZ was popular. Not to jamble anyones michaels but the mass publications on youtube have meant that some of the 'younger' or 'less mature' patrons of the game have polluted the game with their heretical ways changed the dynamic of the game community somewhat.

That's pretty much what happened to the Arma community aswell. Not saying it's all a bad thing. Since now there is actually people on the Arma 2 & 3 severs.

Comparatively to other forums i've been active in this is definitely a smarter bunch than most gaming forums provide!

Mostly agree with above poster. Not the best community, I don't want to give away the secret  give the impression that I'm a snobbish, uptight hipster, but it was probably better before DayZ was popular. Not to jamble anyones michaels but the mass publications on youtube have meant that some of the 'younger' or 'less mature' patrons of the game have polluted the game with their heretical ways changed the dynamic of the game community somewhat.

But hype dies you have to take the good with the bad the worlds not perfect neither is the forums and especially the internet in general that said however even with the dumb threads and the repeating topics and flood of new players the community itself has a lot of good posts as well it's a pity some of the more interesting ideas aren't picked up on though.

Plus the games popularity although might bring in the more uncouth crowd is good for people that aren't here for the lols but do enjoy the games plus its broad appeal at the moment can allow players that might love this game but never of bothered with it before to try it out and also become upstanding forum citizens!