Specials

When will there be vehices?

I miss cars and helicopters, because the map is so big and all the action takes place at Balota. At least bicycles should be there. It's boring when you have all stuff you can have and you have to go by foot. At my opinion vehicles are more important than the zombie glitches/bugs

Please use the search function, and the answer is after they have put in most of the guns, armour, food and equipment they want most likely. So you're looking at mid-late 2014,

When they're ready. The game's in alpha, which means it's nowhere near finished and there's a massive workload ahead setting down the major elements of the game before they move into beta and start tidying things up. The game's still missing a lot of its content, and probably will be for some time.

Just be patient. Yes, it's a pain to not have vehicles, but you have unlimited sprint and - if you really can't live without them - the mod to make do with until they're implemented :P

Hopefully there won't be cars for a while. And the fact that you think vehicles are more important then zombies/glitches/bugs fixes is just stupid. This game isn't about getting cars.

Edited by flygamer1

Vehicles will be the same as with the guns.

Theyll come slowly and in little packages.

(One or two vehicles at a time)

Hopefully there won't be cars for a while.

why?

Im all for vehicles, i think mid-late 2014 is a bit much...

game should be finished by mid-late 2014, not just getting vehicles.

Unless were looking at a 1.5-2 yr alpha stage, which hopefully isnt the case!

why?

Lol, I'm afraid that definitely is the case, no released game till 2015! To get vehicles up and running, they need to get the repair system in, industrial loot spawns etc, not to mention wasteland driving schools and breathalyzers!

why?

A game like DayZ will never be really finished. We will always see new things or old things being fixed. According to Rocket Alpha stage will take 6 months to 1 year. And the reason i say I hope there won't be vehicles for a while is just my personal opinion because I enjoy the running simulator. Running in the forest suddenly seeing a squad or something.

Edited by flygamer1

Tbh, i think there should be a some VERY BADLY DAMAGED CARS. Which you need hundreds of parts to repair, plus you need the appropriate tools (many of them).
Since you can't really fix the whole car, from chassis to engine, with a screwdriver and a wrench, can you now?

Adding special glue to install windshields, jack to lift the car when changing tires, lot of lever to fasten the bolts on the tires. Not to mention the power needed for starting up the car. Or option to do a rolling start with someone pushing the car. 

When they add vehicles, it should be a real pain in the ass to get them fixed, as it is in real life. Just so that faster travel needs a lot of effort.

While vehicles would be a good distraction / endgame for most of us, I imagine rocket and his team are working on ideas about cars and stuff that weren't in the mod.
Seeing as many realism features are being remade into more complex formulas, I can only imagine how finding and repairing a vehicle would work now. It's sure to involve lots of wrenches and duct tape.

With that assumption in mind, I guess it'll take a while before we see vehicles as the dev team envisions them.
That said, however, I wish I had a good ol bike to go around places. It's so nice and stealthy, and doesn't require much in ways of repairing and finding. Plus it has no storage, so that's something off its programming requirements.

hahahha xD chevrolegs nice bro, its an alpha so i think maybe gonna put them when the alpha is closed