Sign in to follow this  
Wolfguarde

Who else?

Surely I'm not the only one... who else is enjoying being able to sprint (endlessly) across the verdant fields of Chernarus, wild and free?

I know it's eventually going to be capped/balanced, but right now this is THE single most enjoyable thing in the game for me, after the sluggish and slow running speed of ARMA II. Thumbs up for alpha  :D

Edited by Wolfguarde
  • Like 1

Yeah, after heading halfway up the north end of the map on a mad dash away from someone trying to beat me to death with a shovel, I noticed the angle at which you start slowing down seems a bit unrealistic. Makes sense for zombies with impaired motor skills, but...

Which brings me to another idea... tripping? XD

Correct me if im badly mistaken, but sprinting actually makes you thristy/hungry faster?

If it doesn't, it sure as hell should! Plus when you run/sprint for long enough, i think you're character should force stop to catch his/her breath. And some cool animation for that would be nice.

• Like 1

Yeah, after heading halfway up the north end of the map on a mad dash away from someone trying to beat me to death with a shovel, I noticed the angle at which you start slowing down seems a bit unrealistic. Makes sense for zombies with impaired motor skills, but...

Which brings me to another idea... tripping? XD

Tripping is already in ive tripped twice and broken a leg both times, both times i was running indoors not sure if it only works indoors

Unlimited sprint is a massive timesaver.

And it's very needed right now without vehicles.

Finn, you're probably right. I've been haring around with a pack full of food and soft drink, so I haven't really been paying much attention to them until they message spam starts speeding up.

Twin - Interesting, haven't noticed that as yet... I tend to walk indoors, since turning tends to be awkward in confined spaces when you're moving quickly. Did it happen around furniture and such, or just while running through the place?

Twice now I've sprinted from Kamenka to Cherno. What was once a soul-crushing trek from the outskirts of the (once) civilised world is now a five minute power-walk that outdistances zombies and could probably keep up with a running cheetah.

Honestly... this has to be the only online game I've played thus far where moving, both regularly and sprinting, actually feels like you're moving at a realistic speed.