Sign in to follow this  
Ugly (DayZ)

How Did I Just Die?

edit: I have since come back to life....... Yay me!

All right, so I was climbing the tower on the NWAF  Fire Hall. All of a sudden I just died. Was I sniped? I didn't hear a gunshot or glass breaking or anything. Is there a way to see how I died? (Developer Console etc.)

Edited by Ugly

From what I understand there is a bug with ladders that will kill you occasionally.  Be sure to report the bug.

All right it certainly was sudden and unexpected. I was kneeling beside the green lockers on the "2nd?" floor inside when I just dropped dead.I wanted some more opinions before I report this as a bug. 

Thanks.

"It's an alpha" isn't the answer I was looking for and not helpful in the least. I never played the ArmA mod, so I'm not sure if I should have expected to hear glass shattering or a gunshot for that matter. Every other time I've died to gunfire I have heard it.

"It's a bug" would have been much more helpful.

As I was saying: 

IS THERE A WAY TO FIGURE OUT WHAT KILLED ME AKA DEVELOPER CONSOLE etc.???

No, there isn't. Even a server admin would have a hard time telling you how you died...only that its a definite case that you died at a certain time.

Arma server logs are extremely arcane things that reveal very little plain data in regards to what is actually going on. Client end info is even less helpful in this regard.

No, there isn't. Even a server admin would have a hard time telling you how you died...only that its a definite case that you died at a certain time.

Arma server logs are extremely arcane things that reveal very little plain data in regards to what is actually going on. Client end info is even less helpful in this regard.

All right thanks for that. Guess I'll submit this as a bug, then?

From what I understand there is a bug with ladders that will kill you occasionally.  Be sure to report the bug.

can confirm.

lmao. I had a fully geared character climbing down a ladder at the apartments behind balota when I just randomly died half way down (no one was below me.) 

Wow that was certainly an amazing turn of events!

So without giving too much away, my character is alive, fully geared and at the bottom of the firehall stairs.

Definite bug.:)

Edited by Ugly

I encountered 2 players today ,we all spotted each other at the same time and as I watched I saw muzzle flash from one of their guns but heard no noise or bullet noise.I ran like a gazelle  through the forest but got hit in the leg but still heard no report or bullet crack so it could have been a headshot on you with a similar sound glitch.

Wow that was certainly an amazing turn of events!

So without giving too much away, my character is alive, fully geared and at the bottom of the firehall stairs.

Definite bug. :)

Did  you log out and back in after your death?  There's another bug that sometimes brings your character back to life when you relog.

Did  you log out and back in after your death?  There's another bug that sometimes brings your character back to life when you relog.

I lost connection to server while checking online for similar cases. When I clicked "Accept", it returned me to the main menu and it did not show my new avatar, it showed nothing (blank space).

Curious as to why it didn't show a newbie avatar, and curious as to what it would show the next time I booted up, I re logged in and there still wasn't an avatar there.

So I booted it up and sure enough I'm alive again.