Sign in to follow this  
Banicks

Crossbow Bolts

When you've shot these buggers they're a little difficult to find on a corpse and around the ground. So a two part suggestion:

#1: Recolour the quivers. At the moment they are a yellow which can blend in with the grass. Fluro blue which also glows like the compass watch chemical compound that absorbs sunlight and lights up at night. This way - a bit easier to relocate at nighttime and daytime.

#2: Corpse retrieving. The body placement of the bolt once it enteres a zed or human is random, ie: a headshot with bloodspurt will appear, yet the bolt ends up sticking out their butt? Regardless, the ragdoll physicwill sometimes make the bolt extremely difficult to identify and retake, or impossible because the arm/body is semi under the map.

To counter all of these issues, I wonder if it is possible to - when the bolt hits the body, despawn - but when looting the body, the bolt is contained within the body. ie: zed is killed with 1 bolt, bolt appears on the body loot as well as whatever other random item it was to drop. Ensuring that if it took, 1,2,3 or more hits, that same number of bolts is lootable.

Not sure if there are issues with the engine to do this, but it would assist crossbow users in retrieval which can be a big issue. After all, each shot is precious to us when each bolt takes up a whole slot.

I want to use the crossbow, I want to so bad. The inventory and difficult retrieval of bolts makes it very impractical though. I concur with your suggestions.

#2: Corpse retrieving. The body placement of the bolt once it enteres a zed or human is random' date=' ie: a headshot with bloodspurt will appear, yet the bolt ends up sticking out their butt? Regardless, the ragdoll physicwill sometimes make the bolt extremely difficult to identify and retake, or impossible because the arm/body is semi under the map.

To counter all of these issues, I wonder if it is possible to - when the bolt hits the body, despawn - but when looting the body, the bolt is contained within the body. ie: zed is killed with 1 bolt, bolt appears on the body loot as well as whatever other random item it was to drop. Ensuring that if it took, 1,2,3 or more hits, that same number of bolts is lootable.[/quote']

I really like the sound of this if it's possible.

Pretty sure thats what happened in Skyrim. If you shot someone with an arrow, to get it back you would search their body and it would be part of the loot. Correct me if I'm wrong!

#2: Corpse retrieving. The body placement of the bolt once it enteres a zed or human is random' date=' ie: a headshot with bloodspurt will appear, yet the bolt ends up sticking out their butt? Regardless, the ragdoll physicwill sometimes make the bolt extremely difficult to identify and retake, or impossible because the arm/body is semi under the map.

To counter all of these issues, I wonder if it is possible to - when the bolt hits the body, despawn - but when looting the body, the bolt is contained within the body. ie: zed is killed with 1 bolt, bolt appears on the body loot as well as whatever other random item it was to drop. Ensuring that if it took, 1,2,3 or more hits, that same number of bolts is lootable.

Not sure if there are issues with the engine to do this, but it would assist crossbow users in retrieval which can be a big issue. After all, each shot is precious to us when each bolt takes up a whole slot.

[/quote']

I am pretty sure this is possible. Although i don't know this game enough to tell yet. But what i can do is sum up certain things. I see that Zombies can have gear. I also see that crossbow bolts can be attached to the Zeds and from there you can retrieve them again with mousewheel method. So counting 1 + 1 must be possible and would make this a little less annoying. Because if you hit the zombie right in the stomach and the Zombie falls on his back (not to his front on the face), the bolt should be visible, no ? Well, after experience 1000 ^^ i am pretty sure that it is a bug when you hit the zed in spot A, and later the bolt is only retrievable from spot B. At first i thought that it might be my aim screwing up ^^

However, even if the correct behaviour could be implemented and bolts can be retrievable from the direct hit spot on the body, i still think this is undesirable regarding the fact that zombies can fall right on top of the bolt and so the bolt is not visually retrievable anymore. So yes, you should have that additional possibility of retrieving the bolt from the body by hitting G.