Rebrol

DayZ Standalone won't start HELP

Hello,

I need some help, I have just bought DayZ, it doesn't allow me to play everytime i start the game it does nothing, steam shows me going into the game and then out.  I had no troubles playing the Arma dayz mod.   I have tried reinstalling over and over. I have also done the following with no success

1. Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
  2. Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes DayZ Standalone performance.
  3. Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the DayZ Standalone, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
  4. Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
  5. Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
  6. Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart DayZ Standalone
  7. Disable V-sync, restart DayZ Standalone
  8. Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
  9. In Windows 7 right-click the DayZ Standalone exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
  10. reinstalled direct x

My specs are

Windows vista 64 bit SP2

intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4 ghz

4 gigz ram
gefore gtx260

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Please let me know if anyone has ideas.

Thanks for the input, but the site has this for requirements, I thought of that too

System Requirements
  • Minimum: 
    • Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz 
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c 
    • Hard Drive: 10 GB available space 
    • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible
  • Recommended: 
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better 
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM 
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB VRAM or better 
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c 
    • Hard Drive: 14 GB available space 
    • Sound Card: DirectX®-compatible

I am in the exact same boat as you. Here is what I have been posting everywhere:

Standalone won't launch
Specs:
GeForce GTX 680
Intel I-7 3770
8Gigs Ram
Direct X 11
Windows 8.1 X64

Problem:
When I click the game in either steam "Play" Right click play or navigate to the game and click the application icon the game will show up in my background processes for a milisecond and disappear, then nothing. 

Troubleshooting Steps:
Restart Steam
Restart machine
Reinstall game
Run in compatibility mode for win 7 and xp
Run in low resolution
Run as administrator
Validated game cache
Update graphics card drivers
Run virus and malware scan
Disable all virus and maleware software
Google

Errors:
None, the game does absolutely nothing

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

More Troubleshooting:
Completely uninstalled the game
Fresh install of steam
Fresh install of DayZ
Modified various .cfg commands
Modified launch settings

Box in bottom right hand corner will say in game and then immediately switch back to online
Edited by Woitte

I finally resolved this issue:

I did a fresh install of Win 7 Ultimate x64 then only downloaded my network drivers (do this first if you do not have another machine), Chrome, Stock video card drivers (comes with .net framework 4), Steam and DayZ. Now I am running with no problem.

Hello,

I need some help, I have just bought DayZ, it doesn't allow me to play everytime i start the game it does nothing, steam shows me going into the game and then out.  I had no troubles playing the Arma dayz mod.   I have tried reinstalling over and over. I have also done the following with no success

1. Update your nVidia / ATI graphics drivers. Check our Technical References page for proper and official download links.
  2. Turn off SLI / Crossfire then start the game. See if it stabilizes DayZ Standalone performance.
  3. Turn off your anti-virus software before launching the DayZ Standalone, but make sure you turn it back on after playing. Make sure Windows Defender is also disabled.
  4. Try using only one GPU first (turn the other one off via your nVidia / ATI graphics control panel)
  5. Try running the game in Windowed Mode (frequently works for low-end PCs)
  6. Disable anti-aliasing and filtering, restart DayZ Standalone
  7. Disable V-sync, restart DayZ Standalone
  8. Disable background apps, and turn off your anti-virus software
  9. In Windows 7 right-click the DayZ Standalone exe file, go to the ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check ‘Disable Desktop Composition’
  10. reinstalled direct x

My specs are

Windows vista 64 bit SP2

intel core 2 quad q6600 2.4 ghz

4 gigz ram

gefore gtx260

Thanks for taking the time to read this.  Please let me know if anyone has ideas.

ok now listen i had this problem before and then it happen again for dayz standalone, it was very hard to find out how to resolve the problem.

go to steam, games library, right click on dayz, click on properties,click local files, then click browse local files.

then....  you'll see you local files containing the dayz application and the files. you are missing very two important data (Application data). You must go to google or anywhere that will have these files. They are called D3DX9_41.dll and X3DAudio1_6.dll YOU MUST copy and paste these two application data into the local files of Dayz. The app data must be located in the main folder not inside the addons or anything else just the main folder where the dayz application is held. you can download the app data from the links on google.

this should work....we have tried everything in order for dayz to work, we have rebooted windows, done anything you name it, my brother tried this technique randomly and it worked. so please do what i've said, thousands of people are having problems such as dayz not launching.

i hope i helped out

cheers

BC

• Like 1

I am in the exact same boat as you. Here is what I have been posting everywhere:

Standalone won't launch
Specs:

GeForce GTX 680

Intel I-7 3770

8Gigs Ram

Direct X 11

Windows 8.1 X64

Problem:

When I click the game in either steam "Play" Right click play or navigate to the game and click the application icon the game will show up in my background processes for a milisecond and disappear, then nothing. 

Troubleshooting Steps:

Restart Steam

Restart machine

Reinstall game

Run in compatibility mode for win 7 and xp

Run in low resolution

Run as administrator

Validated game cache

Update graphics card drivers

Run virus and malware scan

Disable all virus and maleware software

Google

Errors:

None, the game does absolutely nothing

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

More Troubleshooting:
Completely uninstalled the game
Fresh install of steam
Fresh install of DayZ
Modified various .cfg commands
Modified launch settings

Box in bottom right hand corner will say in game and then immediately switch back to online

ok now listen i had this problem before and then it happen again for dayz standalone, it was very hard to find out how to resolve the problem.

go to steam, games library, right click on dayz, click on properties,click local files, then click browse local files.

then....  you'll see you local files containing the dayz application and the files. you are missing very two important data (Application data). You must go to google or anywhere that will have these files. They are called D3DX9_41.dll and X3DAudio1_6.dll YOU MUST copy and paste these two application data into the local files of Dayz. The app data must be located in the main folder not inside the addons or anything else just the main folder where the dayz application is held. you can download the app data from the links on google.

this should work....we have tried everything in order for dayz to work, we have rebooted windows, done anything you name it, my brother tried this technique randomly and it worked. so please do what i've said, thousands of people are having problems such as dayz not launching.

i hope i helped out

cheers

BC