Mays (DayZ)

Bodies vanishing after killing them

It's reflective of combat logging.

Generally, I kill someone and they exit right away so that you can't get their shit. It's pretty stupid right now. If you kill someone you should be able to loot them for a couple minutes after death, regardless of if they respawn or exit.

Currently, there's no way of actually looting someone unless they're distracted by their wife or girlfriend beating them with their purse. Otherwise, you're just SoL when it comes to obtaining their loot since they generally tend to exit instantly to thwart your attempts at obtaining the loot you should be able to receive since you did kill them and if you did in real life you'd loot them and go about your way surviving.

Have you actually read the other posts? As someone said earlier most of the time the respawn button doesn't work (i.e. you click it but you won't respawn) so you are forced to exit the server and join again to get a spawn. You can actually loot someone if the respawn button works (happened only 1 time for me) and they didn't rage quit the game :) Yes it is pretty stupid but it is also pretty alpha and will be fixed.

Also your comment about real life to justify your argument: 1314029819767.png

Edited by weedmasta

Welp. Would've loved more of the already scarce ammo :P

If you go to the airfield at the top of the map ammo is easy to get. The run up there is long in boring, but I found 300 rounds for the m4 in one run through.

It's reflective of combat logging.

Generally, I kill someone and they exit right away so that you can't get their shit. It's pretty stupid right now. If you kill someone you should be able to loot them for a couple minutes after death, regardless of if they respawn or exit.

Currently, there's no way of actually looting someone unless they're distracted by their wife or girlfriend beating them with their purse. Otherwise, you're just SoL when it comes to obtaining their loot since they generally tend to exit instantly to thwart your attempts at obtaining the loot you should be able to receive since you did kill them and if you did in real life you'd loot them and go about your way surviving.

I've died several times and I'm never thinking "Fuck that guy he won't get my shit", I'm thinking "Damnit, well time to respawn".

And the respawn button never works for me so I rejoin the server.

It's strange when i die and press respawn nothing happens. Just the Please Wait screen that stays there forever. So everytime i die i have to relog to actually respawn. But i think the bodies vanish eitherway because i haven't seen any dead bodies anywhere so it's a bug i guess.

I believe it happens when they press respawn fast after getting killed. Was a problem in the mod sometimes too. Otherwise they logged off. 

Well, for some reason this doesnt work for me lol respawned multiple times after getting killed and after going back to the place where it happened my body was always there. Btw, if they actually crash, their bodies will remain lootable and in place (or run/crawl/slide around ;)) for some time, little less than a minute in my experience.

edit: that was when the respawn actually worked

Edited by .dB

It's strange when i die and press respawn nothing happens. Just the Please Wait screen that stays there forever. So everytime i die i have to relog to actually respawn. But i think the bodies vanish eitherway because i haven't seen any dead bodies anywhere so it's a bug i guess.

As long as you are on the server your dead body will stay there. I had a firefight and the guys body was there 1 hour after he died because his respawn button actually worked. 99% of the time however the respawn button won't work and you have to rejoin the server.

Have you actually read the other posts? As someone said earlier most of the time the respawn button doesn't work (i.e. you click it but you won't respawn) so you are forced to exit the server and join again to get a spawn. You can actually loot someone if the respawn button works (happened only 1 time for me) and they didn't rage quit the game :) Yes it is pretty stupid but it is also pretty alpha and will be fixed.

Also your comment about real life to justify your argument: 1314029819767.png

How does this reflect to foot in mouth? If you killed someone during a post apocalyptic state of day and had to scavenge, fend off zombies, etc.... you're gonna take what you can and run. So as far as real life comment... this is assuming that it would happen in an environment as such.

Maybe I should post a picture of a head up an ass for you since that was pretty obvious. Eh?

How does this reflect to foot in mouth? If you killed someone during a post apocalyptic state of day and had to scavenge, fend off zombies, etc.... you're gonna take what you can and run. So as far as real life comment... this is assuming that it would happen in an environment as such.

Maybe I should post a picture of a head up an ass for you since that was pretty obvious. Eh?

Head_up_ass.jpg

Don't say i do nothing for you!

I believe it happens when they press respawn fast after getting killed. Was a problem in the mod sometimes too. Otherwise they logged off. 

This is what's happening.  As soon as they respawn, their body disappears.

Hopefully they fix this soon.  Although I guarantee this is a planned fix.  Regardless if someone kills you on sight or not, they deserve the loot.  And after they've picked it clean of what they want, scavengers should be able to loot it as well.  Adds another aspect to the game.  A few more actually (baiting, etc).

• Like 1

If you are lucky to be close to the person you kill then couldn't you quickly drag all their items onto the floor before they respawn? Then you can proceed to loot?

I do believe its not yet possible to drag something straight from a corpse to the ground. Yet.

Thats been my experience anyway.

Any gamer worth their shit will wait for their body to be looted by their killer, as long as the killer played by the rules, meaning they didn't cheat. If you log out to deny your killer the loot they won in a fight then you are a piece of shit, plain and simple. Until they fix the bug of loot disappearing, at least wait a good 30 seconds to a minute before re-spawning. 

When I die, I respawn. Not to deny anyone any loot, but simply because I don't bother waiting forever to respawn. If this denies douchebags any loot, so be it. Its not my fault.

I've only ever been killed once in stand alone (tend to stay away from people), but as said previously, I'm not gonna waste my time just to let whoever kills me loot me.

You're about as retarded as the next dipshit who tries to say that's a dumb post.

It's combat logging you stupid shit. The fact that you can't loot a corpse because they haven't fixed the despawning issue is absolute crap. I never claimed it was the dead guys' fault either. Did you read the post? Or are you too fucking daft to realize I never claimed it was anyone's fault... moreso I claimed it was because they haven't fixed the body despawning mechanic yet. I never once said someone should have to wait 15 minutes to respawn, nor would I suggest it. I don't want this game to become WarZ nor tread that path.

Next time read a post before you reply. You look like an insolent little shit when you spout off and assume things that weren't even said. Asshat.

How is that combat logging? You're already dead. The combat is over. 

I never said that you claimed it to be anyones fault, I was saying that you shouldn't take your rage out on people who respawns when they die.

Edited by James MacDonald

Dear lord the butt hurt in one post. Stop whining about this, without bandits the game wouldn't exist. Get over it.

I agree with you, Bandits are what add the thrill to dayz otherwise it would be too boring!

Well, this has been a topic quite a few times, but banditing shouldn't only consist of KoS and this "lol, did you see that, how awesome was that, i hit him from 60 METERS, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT" but instead bandits could restrain people, rob them and drain their blood. 

I shouldn't be killing only, killing only is for noobs. A true bandit has his victim restrained, on his knees and begging for his life.

Edited by The_Annoying_Finn