Sign in to follow this  
Dumbinho

Version 133860

Hello,

Just a question.. Some servers are using this version 133860 and i dont know the difference between that and the actual 113860 version.

Anyone knows?

thx.

To get the 133860 version, you need to go to Steam, right click DayZ and go to properties and click "Betas". Select the Beta "Experimental" that's the new version 

To get the 133860 version, you need to go to Steam, right click DayZ and go to properties and click "Betas". Select the Beta "Experimental" that's the new version 

Sure? i did this and my version now is 113925...

Sure? i did this and my version now is 113925...

Hmm, im not sure, maybe it's a test server just for devs?

I bet it's a typo by some server admin.

^This. It should in fact be 113860.

Not sure if I would use the Beta patch either, from what I have read there is very limited, if any servers out there atm.

Not sure if I would use the Beta patch either, from what I have read there is very limited, if any servers out there atm.

This is the current version, he means the server version and if we can't get a client version that number it's most likely a dev test or some kind of test

Often servers have more up-to-date versions than the client, but are backwards-compatible anyway. Right...?

If it's a major patch i think you need to update it to the server verison

This is the current version, he means the server version and if we can't get a client version that number it's most likely a dev test or some kind of test

Let's look at the situation here.

113860 is the current version.

133860 is the version in question.

They're so similar, only one digit is different.

The way development works, the numbers get bigger the more versions they release. If I recall, the last version was 113772, a difference of 82. Assuming that is average, to get up to version 133860, they would have gone through about 244 builds of the game.

Like I said... it's a typo. Join the server in question with 113860, see if it works

They are but they are only open at certain times I believe.

Client/Server versions should be exactly the same, which is 113860 or 0.30.113860 to be exact. Experimental client/server versions are 113925.

What the OP is saying is that some servers that he is seeing say 133860, which would be; in theory; a typo.