Sign in to follow this  
dcam0326

Game won't launch, nothing happens when I press play

When I press play my avatar turns green and then goes back to blue. If I try to launch from in the steamapps file I just get an error. I'm having the same problem as this guy but no one answered him.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/5/648814842314109611/

If anyone else has managed to resolve this issue, I will be so grateful if you can help me. I have already tried:

-Running steam as administrator

-Verifying Game Cache

-Reinstalling DayZ (4 times)

-Reinstalling Steam (twice)

-Updating all drivers

-Updating Direct X to the most recent

-Reinstalling .NET Framework

Please, HELP!

You also getting the DirectX error when not launching through Steam? Tried reinstalling all the software that came with the game (the redistributables)? Tried locking the resolution? Windows 7?

Edit: I added the files that gave the error for this guy in a small rar file. I made it quite obvious where you should put them. That said you should be really careful when you download DLL's from an unknown source. Whilst they are clean, there is of course no reason for you to believe me when I say that. As such, don't download if you don't want to take the risk. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here...

http://www.speedyshare.com/gvswd/DX9DLL-s.rar

There were actually two, so I put both of them in there.

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

have you tried formatting your hard drive? 

*disclaimer - Please read my qualifications above before doing this!

You also getting the DirectX error when not launching through Steam? Tried reinstalling all the software that came with the game (the redistributables)? Tried locking the resolution? Windows 7?

Edit: I added the files that gave the error for this guy in a small rar file. I made it quite obvious where you should put them. That said you should be really careful when you download DLL's from an unknown source. Whilst they are clean, there is of course no reason for you to believe me when I say that. As such, don't download if you don't want to take the risk. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here...

Thanks! The error I (only) get when launching from the file location is "DayZ.exe - Entry point not found"

The procedure entry point D3DXLoadSurfaceFromFileInMemory could not be located in the dynamic link library d3dx9_41.dll"

My control panel is showing a whole bunch of C++ redistributables; 2005, 2008 x64 9.0.30729.17, 2008 x64 9.0.30729.4148, 2010 x64 redist 10.0.4, 2010 x86 10.0.4 and 2 of the 2012, one x64 and the other x86. 

Also, I must be incompetent because I'm actually not sure where I'm supposed to put these rars...

Edited by dcam0326

Also, I must be incompetent because I'm actually not sure where I'm supposed to put these rars...

Eh, not the rar itself, the DLL's inside. If you open the rar, you should see two folders, each one of them containing the DLL you're missing (or is broken). One I put into system32, and the other one in sysWOW64. Both are in your Windows folder. Make a back up of the files you're replacing, just in case.

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

Eh, not the rar itself, the DLL's inside. If you open the rar, you should see two folders, each one of them containing the DLL you're missing (or is broken). One I put into system32, and the other one in sysWOW64. Both are in your Windows folder. Make a back up of the files you're replacing, just in case.

It totally worked! Thanks man, you are officially my hero!

Edited by dcam0326
  • Like 1

Very good.

I get no errors when hitting "PLAY", the game simply does not launch.

I have been using the "Change Server" tab since testing started, so I never really took much notice.

I'll just pop this to the Devs and make sure they are aware of the problem (which I'm sure they are).

Good game.

• Like 1

It totally worked! Thanks man, you are officially my hero!

Glad it worked  ;) Have fun!

Very good.

I get no errors when hitting "PLAY", the game simply does not launch.

I have been using the "Change Server" tab since testing started, so I never really took much notice.

I'll just pop this to the Devs and make sure they are aware of the problem (which I'm sure they are).

Good game.

Quite sure he meant pressing play in Steam. =P But yeah, I have that too half the time.

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 1

When I press play my avatar turns green and then goes back to blue. If I try to launch from in the steamapps file I just get an error. I'm having the same problem as this guy but no one answered him.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/5/648814842314109611/

If anyone else has managed to resolve this issue, I will be so grateful if you can help me. I have already tried:

-Running steam as administrator

-Verifying Game Cache

-Reinstalling DayZ (4 times)

-Reinstalling Steam (twice)

-Updating all drivers

-Updating Direct X to the most recent

-Reinstalling .NET Framework

Please, HELP!

edit: didnt see that if was resolved. disregard this post.

Edited by Hoj0

I feel like this is malarkey, can only download from this site if you pay $10