Sign in to follow this  
Apple Monster

Running Uphill

WTF?  Why do I slow to a freaking walk when I'm heading up a slight incline?  If I'm running my ass of to try and ditch a few Zeds from tackling me...or even another player...I shouldn't slow down THAT much when going uphill.  This is a cry for actual stamina I think.  I should be able to choose when and how I run out of breath.  If I was to haul ass up a steep incline then slow to a crawl 80m later, that should be my call, not the game forcing me to walk!  BUG!!   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Been like this for forever, not a bug. If you run up a hill at an angle you will go faster but everyone even the Zeds have this disadvantage when running up a hill.

With a Stamina feature I'm sure running up hills would wear you out rather quickly and could even be worse than how it is now.

The last time I ran up a hill nearly killed me! But thats because I am a fat lazy bastard who plays computer games all day. 

but seriously have you even tried running up a hill? It's really really hard man! 

• Like 1

You would be surprised what you can do when your adrenaline is racing.  The way this is now it totally unrealistic.  Anyone can sprint uphill, especially if you look like these characters.

A stamina feature would be the best design for this game.  One that is centered on your gear and shoes.  Much better than just slowing everyone down as soon as you walk up an ant hill.