HardstylerSL

Some suggestions based on my experience with the SA

Hi guys, inb4 some informations :

•  Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language
  •  Sorry if there is a suggestions forum, didn't find it
  •  I am not "Butthurt" nor am I pissed off while writing it, and i am aware that this Game "DayZ SA" is preAlpha , i am using this (or at least hope) to share my "wishes" for the   upcomming game and think you guys would like them, too!

First of all, good work with the DayZ-SA, beats the mod (atleast for me) in anyway.... sure, vehicles etc. are still missing and about to come.

So, here are my suggestions in a pretty bad english so i hope you guys get the idea...

• Game-Balance / New-Spawn + "Bambi-Protection"

I would love to see the game with more decision-making, i mean KoS is fine... but i would love to see a way to make it "worth" it or to punish you for doing it, best way to do this in my opinion is to punish the use of guns!

Yep, i said it.... punish use of guns (loud guns esp.) and make the user of the gun (or at least the source of the sound) kinda like a beacon which taunts zombies in a diameter equals to the sound of the gun. I would love a scenario where zombies might be kinda blind ( you might run 1m or 3feet infront of them) and they wont recongnise you, cause their main sense are their ears and their nose, means if you bleed, you will pull them in a wider range. But if you unleash as shoot, you become a beacon for about 400m (quite alot) and all zombies will run into your direction, so you have to land your first shot or get the f**k out of there, because the second one will lead them into your face + they smell the gunpowder on you and your gun (which smells alot!) ! ;)

This will ofcourse need more zombiespawn, but because they are blind, increasing the number of zombies wont hurt fresh spawns or "bambis", because they will learn to move silently... but it punishes KoS in a massive way and i guess it will increase the overall game xp muuuch.

• Zombie behavior

I said much about the zombies in the Game-Balance section, but here are some more things about Zombies (cause its about it, riiiight) ;)

I know, many people see the SA as a PvP combat simulation, because Zombies are no threat (but sure they will in later builds) so i say it and i mean it, i would looove the zombies to be the main threat, even if not the deadliest if they are alone.

I would love to see a chain reaction if you piss one zombie off and he pulls zombies in a yet to make out diamter which are locked on you (if no other source of noise or bloodsmell is near).

They wont follow you forever if you get a good amount of distance between them and you... but if you try hiding in a house or so, you better call for help (in areal voice chat) because the zombies will siege you... or you wait it out and hope for a better target to cross (for the zombies) either through smell (bloody player) or a loud sound next to you! Just imagin a friend shooting a gun in the air to distract the zombies just so you can get out = next level coopplay in DayZ (i think). ;)

• Player abilitys

I would love to see some kind of military signs (like the s**t i am giving up on f2) to coordinate movement and make voicechat + written chat like a taunt for the Zombies. Aaand i would like to see some mobile phone'ish ability in the game, like you loot a phone and you can get a number (with call number 1 - *****) and this number will get bound to your account. So if you ever found a phone again, you can call your friends or they can call you, if they found a phone too. This will make the xp with random-players much more intense who you dont know and not playing on a ts or things like that... sure, it has to have a ignore function. It would be f***ng awesome if this feature would be able to be cross-server-ready like an IM. <3

• Player Stats

Sure, the game is NO RPG and is not meant to be (in my opionion, its sad , but thats mho), but i would love to see some charakter stats (stamina for running etc.) witch are based on your plain playstyle and will increase unnoticed and are not change/controllable.... the stats increase like you move, like you eat/drink, like you fire, like you meele or use tools... you wont notice it, there is no screen for it... you just can tell people that you are good at hunting for food (see tradeskills) or repairing vehicles / devices

• Trade-Skills

Sure, the game is NO RPG and is not meant to be (in my opionion, its sad , but thast mho) , but it would be cool to see some progression in you charakter besides the normal looting.

Thinking about getting more and more meat out of a killed animal/repairing vehicles/go fishing (guess it would be so easy to implent but it would be risky cause you got to stand still) etc.with the proper tool.

Edit : Will edit and push this thread when more things are about to come, dont want to creat a huge wall of text! :)

If you got any suggestions based on this thread, just post them here and i will put them in under the right section so its get kiiiinda sorted

Edited by HardstylerSL
  • Like 1

and make the user of the gun (or at least the source of the sound) kinda like a beacon which taunts zombies in a diameter equals to the sound of the gun.

...you do know how guns work, right?

Loud noise = zombie attraction. Their AI is still WIP, but why the hell wouldn't firing an assault rifle attract zombies? That's just common sense, and already in the mod.

Don't get me wrong, i know that game and Its limitations right now, but to be honest.... the way this things are implentet "yet"  (i know, its alpha aaand about to change) but i just want to tell how i hope or wish things may go. In the mod or in the SA at this stage, you can do a limbo infront of a zombi and fire your gun but they wont change their target. So its not implentet in any way like i sugessted. :)

But sure, i know what you like to point out. ;)

Edit :

...you do know how guns work, right?

Loud noise = zombie attraction. Their AI is still WIP, but why the hell wouldn't firing an assault rifle attract zombies? That's just common sense, and already in the mod.

Pointing and other hand signals, confirmed. Zombies, confirmed. Radios, confirmed. Gunshots attract zombies, already implemented.

Sure, noise = zombie attraction ; Radios, confirmed :   but you cut out one part out of my text and ingore the rest. ;)

Edited by HardstylerSL

As countless people have said before, Soon my friend..soooon At this moment in time the bloody chickens shriek at me like they want to feast on my dehydrated flesh and the zombies stand staring gormlessly at the stairs. Sooon!

Yep, i am totaly sure things are going to change sooooooon. But why not giving the Devs your ideas, i am sure there where many ideas like " you dawg, make dem zombies smarter ough" ; or like making the radios (which are there but useless right now)... but a IM-System would be such a win for the community in my opinion... and i guess modern mobile-phones (probably with gps/sms) are not against the "lore" of the game. ;)