DustyJ12

Stay out of this server!

These guys will kick you over and over and over. Even though it is against the rules to do so.

Somehow they were able to reset my character from kicking me as well.

So be warned if you join this server.

The IP addresss is : 173.199.86.11:2302

• Like 1

I was on that server earlier. No issues for me.  

What were you doing to make them kick you over and over and over and over and over, again? 

Shutup Itschief! Just shut up.. 

These guys will kick you over and over and over. Even though it is against the rules to do so.

Somehow they were able to reset my character from kicking me as well.

So be warned if you join this server.

The IP addresss is : 173.199.86.11:2302

I don't know who the host is or who the admin is but apparently KillSwitch, Skaterfull83 and Tyton89 are the only people allowed on that server.

I was on that server earlier. No issues for me.  

What were you doing to make them kick you over and over and over and over and over, again? 

Shutup Itschief! Just shut up.. 

No one is doing anything.  The name of the server is DO NOT JOIN and this is what you see (below) when you join.

Before you start with "It's their server, they can do what they want!" it's actually not.  If you have a problem with that, you should let Rocket know that you think server operators on the public hive should be allowed to kick anyone who joins their server and basically lock their server.

f0JcvPi.jpg

Hello everyone (Killswitch here, server admin), especially those who are mad that I am treating my server as if I paid for it myself. 

First, I want to have a server where people can come play and have their full DayZ experience and not have to worry about retarded shit. Also, please note that my crew and I are NOT bandits/pk'rs and will go out of our way to help those who need it. And Skater is an example of that, he added me in steam and was like "wtf why do you keep kicking me" and i explained our situation to him and he communicated his assurance he was not such a player (those "retarded shit" players). So we put him on Skype and spent another 4 hours playing with him. Good guy, and a welcome new part of the crew.

- Retarded shit: "hackers", "scripters", "etc"... "Those who log into certain rooms of barracks to login-loot-leave"...

Well, the reason my server went all DO NOT ENTER was due to retarded shit and myself and company felt like we had the RIGHT to gather what we had back. You all know the feeling of losing hours, days, weeks, etc to this game and how frustrating it can be. Once we got a basic set of gear back, I re-named the server to "The Apocalypse Group" and had no problem letting the server fill and everyone play as they wish.

Myself and Tyton are the main admins. Skater and the other guy are just people who had the initiative to communicate with me and who I let in willingly and even added to Skype for enhanced game play. We want a cohesive community and we welcome everyone except those who cheat. (Granted, I see the hypocrisy in my words. I essentially used a mechanism (player kick) to lock my server down. But please realize I was only allowing me and some fellow players to regain what we lost from something that should not have happened but does anyway (retarded shit, see definition above)).  

So my plea to you (the community, who I have come to love and mildly hate) is to just deal with it, soon admins will have the power to say who comes in and out w/out having to kick every person individually. What did you expect from a server named DO NOT JOIN! lmao... We were NOT server hopping, or anything malicious, just doing a nice go around to find the items we had before (and I think I got an extra ACOG out of it in pristine condition but Shhh don't tell anyone... That could be an exploit from the perspective of someone with something to prove).

If you want to be a normal in my server feel free to add me on steam and open a line of communication rather then just going to the threads and crying that I kept kicking your from a server that the name clearly implied you stay out of... I want the most real players I can find in my server, who doesn't? And in the long run I wish to have a pass-worded server where people can play free of "retarded shit". If you want to be a part of that all you have to do is add me and open a line of communication and I am 100% open to anyone who is legit.

Admin privilege is in the works as is many other great things, http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

DayZ is a great game with frackin great potential. I hope the money made so far is used wisely so that this game can truly see its full potential and give us fans what we have been waiting for, for a long time...

"So say we all"

Edited by Killswitchordie
  • Like 1

Hello everyone (Killswitch here, server admin), especially those who are mad that I am treating my server as if I paid for it myself. 

First, I want to have a server where people can come play and have their full DayZ experience and not have to worry about retarded shit. Also, please note that my crew and I are NOT bandits/pk'rs and will go out of our way to help those who need it. And Skater is an example of that, he added me in steam and was like "wtf why do you keep kicking me" and i explained our situation to him and he communicated his assurance he was not such a player (those "retarded shit" players). So we put him on Skype and spent another 4 hours playing with him. Good guy, and a welcome new part of the crew.

- Retarded shit: "hackers", "scripters", "etc"... "Those who log into certain rooms of barracks to login-loot-leave"...

Well, the reason my server went all DO NOT ENTER was due to retarded shit and myself and company felt like we had the RIGHT to gather what we had back. You all know the feeling of losing hours, days, weeks, etc to this game and how frustrating it can be. Once we got a basic set of gear back, I re-named the server to "The Apocalypse Group" and had no problem letting the server fill and everyone play as they wish.

Myself and Tyton are the main admins. Skater and the other guy are just people who had the initiative to communicate with me and who I let in willingly and even added to Skype for enhanced game play. We want a cohesive community and we welcome everyone except those who cheat. (Granted, I see the hypocrisy in my words. I essentially used a mechanism (player kick) to lock my server down. But please realize I was only allowing me and some fellow players to regain what we lost from something that should not have happened but does anyway (retarded shit, see definition above)).  

So my plea to you (the community, who I have come to love and mildly hate) is to just deal with it, soon admins will have the power to say who comes in and out w/out having to kick every person individually. What did you expect from a server named DO NOT JOIN! lmao... We were NOT server hopping, or anything malicious, just doing a nice go around to find the items we had before (and I think I got an extra ACOG out of it in pristine condition but Shhh don't tell anyone... That could be an exploit from the perspective of someone with something to prove).

If you want to be a normal in my server feel free to add me on steam and open a line of communication rather then just going to the threads and crying that I kept kicking your from a server that the name clearly implied you stay out of... I want the most real players I can find in my server, who doesn't? And in the long run I wish to have a pass-worded server where people can play free of "retarded shit". If you want to be a part of that all you have to do is add me and open a line of communication and I am 100% open to anyone who is legit.

Admin privilege is in the works as is many other great things, http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

DayZ is a great game with frackin great potential. I hope the money made so far is used wisely so that this game can truly see its full potential and give us fans what we have been waiting for, for a long time...

"So say we all"

The problem is not necessarily your reasoning for locking down your server and kicking out anyone else who tried to join.  The problem is locking your server down and kicking everyone, especially openly advertising the fact you're locking your server down and kicking anyone who tries to join is that it is explicitly against the rules, which is why I said if you have a problem with that there's no point in pleading your case to the community.  Use the DayZ feedback tracker and tell Rocket you have a problem with it because those are the rules.

As SmashT pointed out a couple days ago, servers are being shut down for violating the exact same rules, that you're openly admitting you intentionally broke.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-server-reporting/

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 1

"Well, the reason my server went all DO NOT ENTER was due to retarded shit and myself and company felt like we had the RIGHT to gather what we had back. You all know the feeling of losing hours, days, weeks, etc to this game and how frustrating it can be. Once we got a basic set of gear back, I re-named the server to "The Apocalypse Group" and had no problem letting the server fill and everyone play as they wish."

First off, you do not have any right, to get your gear back privately. This is DayZ, and if you cannot handle it, then the door is open. We do not want people that host their own servers to get gear, and kick people because they got killed. 

"But please realize I was only allowing me and some fellow players to regain what we lost from something that should not have happened but does anyways"

Once again, this is DayZ, you can get your server shutdown for that, just saying.

What did you expect from a server named DO NOT JOIN! lmao... We were NOT server hopping, or anything malicious, just doing a nice go around to find the items we had before (and I think I got an extra ACOG out of it in pristine condition but Shhh don't tell anyone... That could be an exploit from the perspective of someone with something to prove).

This is exactly why people should not be allowed to be "admins on servers." 

You, are a shitty host provider, and a shitty person in general, considering you have to get your own server to exploit it for the game. Good job, hope you get your shit locked forever.

The problem is not necessarily your reasoning for locking down your server and kicking out anyone else who tried to join.  The problem is locking your server down and kicking everyone, especially openly advertising the fact you're locking your server down and kicking anyone who tries to join is that it is explicitly against the rules, which is why I said if you have a problem with that there's no point in pleading your case to the community.  Use the DayZ feedback tracker and tell Rocket you have a problem with it because those are the rules.

As SmashT pointed out a couple days ago, servers are being shut down for violating the exact same rules, that you're openly admitting you intentionally broke.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-server-reporting/

Your right and I thank you for your accurate and thoughtful responses. I am still within my 5 day full refund period. So if it goes to that level which I hope it doesn't, I am ready. And honestly this really doesn't bother me. The stand alone is new and there is going to be such a dynamic change in the game as time goes on, I can't wait to see. 

What's even more is that 2 of the 3 of us who "farmed" our original gear back ended up dying after I made the server "public" (lmao) again. But it was legit deaths (except one fell strait through the ground at Rog and died). But that is legit so we had no desire to restart. And I will not be restarting to farm again anytime soon. 

I also don't mind openly admitting to breaking the rules. Lets be strait up, I won't sit here and say I didn't do something I did. But the point is, is it worth losing my monthly payment over? If so then there are other options. People care too much and if I wasn't an insomniac from my 7 years in the Army I wouldn't be going into this thread like I am. 

So to anyone who's feeling I hurt, I am sorry. To anyone who wants a legit "long-term" DayZ community, hit me up and lets do this shit :) If I have to swap server host 10 times then so be it. 

"Well, the reason my server went all DO NOT ENTER was due to retarded shit and myself and company felt like we had the RIGHT to gather what we had back. You all know the feeling of losing hours, days, weeks, etc to this game and how frustrating it can be. Once we got a basic set of gear back, I re-named the server to "The Apocalypse Group" and had no problem letting the server fill and everyone play as they wish."

First off, you do not have any right, to get your gear back privately. This is DayZ, and if you cannot handle it, then the door is open. We do not want people that host their own servers to get gear, and kick people because they got killed. 

"But please realize I was only allowing me and some fellow players to regain what we lost from something that should not have happened but does anyways"

Once again, this is DayZ, you can get your server shutdown for that, just saying.

What did you expect from a server named DO NOT JOIN! lmao... We were NOT server hopping, or anything malicious, just doing a nice go around to find the items we had before (and I think I got an extra ACOG out of it in pristine condition but Shhh don't tell anyone... That could be an exploit from the perspective of someone with something to prove).

This is exactly why people should not be allowed to be "admins on servers." 

You, are a shitty host provider, and a shitty person in general, considering you have to get your own server to exploit it for the game. Good job, hope you get your shit locked forever.

Damn man, such a hater. But your still welcome in my server friend. 

Just one other question if "people" shouldn't admin servers then what do you suggest? 

Your right and I thank you for your accurate and thoughtful responses. I am still within my 5 day full refund period. So if it goes to that level which I hope it doesn't, I am ready. And honestly this really doesn't bother me. The stand alone is new and there is going to be such a dynamic change in the game as time goes on, I can't wait to see. 

What's even more is that 2 of the 3 of us who "farmed" our original gear back ended up dying after I made the server "public" (lmao) again. But it was legit deaths (except one fell strait through the ground at Rog and died). But that is legit so we had no desire to restart. And I will not be restarting to farm again anytime soon. 

I also don't mind openly admitting to breaking the rules. Lets be strait up, I won't sit here and say I didn't do something I did. But the point is, is it worth losing my monthly payment over? If so then there are other options. People care too much and if I wasn't an insomniac from my 7 years in the Army I wouldn't be going into this thread like I am. 

So to anyone who's feeling I hurt, I am sorry. To anyone who wants a legit "long-term" DayZ community, hit me up and lets do this shit :) If I have to swap server host 10 times then so be it. 

It would have been nice if more server options had been available from the get-go when the Alpha was released but currently what we have is the public hive.  Should admins be able to set certain rules on the servers?  Sure, but those features aren't in place right now and public is supposed to be public.

There is still a lot of debate about private hives but the DayZ team has stated more options will be available to server admins in the future.

Server locking is a definite no-no.  I'm not actually sure if requiring players to register or be whitelisted is kosher or not.  That would still probably fall under the category of server locking.

I'm pretty sure I know who your server host is but I'm not firing off "I'm telling!" emails.

I can definitely see both points of view, that server admins should abide by the current rules but also that admins should have the ability to moderate/whitelist their servers or host private servers.   The grey area comes in when you have people locking servers, farming gear and then jumping to other public servers to pwn noobs, trolololol, etc.  I'm not saying that's what you're doing but that is what is seen as the problem with locking servers on the public hive.

I wont be locking it down by any means in the future. At least until I have the power to implement it in a regulated way. I hate the idea of paying for a service, a video game server none the less and to have an issue like this arise. It is funny on a couple of levels. But w/e its shrugged off and my server is full of people playing happily. (Well maybe not so happy for some)

Also anyone else who reads this I urge you to give feedback on the game as you notice things as well. Feedback FTW and everyone wins! I say that assuming this thread will get some views now...

Please report the server to the provider it is rented at.

Here a more indepth explanation: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/158966-server-reporting/

Just a quick analysis of what the "end result" in reporting me is:

-1-I get another server

-2-if that fails the I refer to step one

Money talks more than words of people who are upset with the events that have been described in depth above. But I agree with you at the same time. I broke the rules for a short time, and it is NOT an ongoing issue. But I did break a rule ( I wasn't entirely aware of at the time) and I should be reported. So do it. We have these reporting systems in place for a reason and I do not want to "belittle" or "undermine" them in any way. Like I said if any of the powers that be feel like I did the community wrong then cancel my server. I won't be mad. I deserve it and it is justified. The forum admins are right and anyone who does decides to report me is also 100% in the right to do so. 

Because ultimately in the end no matter how much effort you put into keeping me from running a server, you really can not stop it, and I don't wish to provide a bad gaming experience for anyone so I don't know why people would want to take it to that extreme. As arrogant as it sounds its the truth. But I really wish to impart on you all that I really care about the DayZ community and the people who play in my servers in the long run will have nothing but good experiences and meet nothing but the highest quality of people dedicated to having the best experience they can. But you can never truly predict the "human element" which is part of what makes DayZ what it is. So, good will to you all. 

It's funny to see everybody pointing at this man with your fingers... Saying he broke the rules, he abused his admin rol.. You know what? Every single one of you would do the very same in his shoes. You all that call him names just because he farmed in a server he paid for, are the same people that combat log, do server hopping, use the unlimited sprint bug to run from A to B or even Z. So please, don't reply to this man like that, he's admitting the mistake, let him start over.

You know what most people say when they are asked why they use exploits? They all answer the same... They say, "because I can"... Think about it... And don't give me the "There's no rule against using exploits".. Because when you use exploits, you do more damage to the game than the admin did farming in a closed server. He made a mistake and that's it.

I hope you get to keep your server Killswitchordie.

• Like 2

It's funny to see everybody pointing at this man with your fingers... Saying he broke the rules, he abused his admin rol.. You know what? Every single one of you would do the very same in his shoes. You all that call him names just because he farmed in a server he paid for, are the same people that combat log, do server hopping, use the unlimited sprint bug to run from A to B or even Z. So please, don't reply to this man like that, he's admitting the mistake, let him start over.

You know what most people say when they are asked why they use exploits? They all answer the same... They say, "because I can"... Think about it... And don't give me the "There's no rule against using exploits".. Because when you use exploits, you do more damage to the game than the admin did farming in a closed server. He made a mistake and that's it.

Thank you for your kind words. I know this is a fruitless debate but in the end I want people to know I was not being malicious or bandit like in any decision I made. Regardless of what people think. (If they think that, I try not to make assumptions of what people think even though it is unavoidable at times.) Everyone has a view that deserves to be herd. If it was not for these kind of debates we would not have a baseline or reference point to argue further about other things that we attach meaning to that in reality mean nothing more than the fulfillment of an emotion or the feel of justification. So let them have it. 

• Like 1

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself.  First off, nobody is calling KSC names.  Secondly, to generalize by saying it's okay to break the server rules because every single person in DayZ and every server operator is abusing them also and that everyone else is abusing game exploits is downright silly.  The majority of the server admins are abiding by the rules set for server admins.  The majority of players are just playing the game, as it's meant to be played.

KSC admitted he closed the server and says it's open now.  No one here is threatening to report him to his server host.  While I don't agree with people kicking players to make de facto private servers when they're on the public hive, I also realize that SA didn't launch with all the server host options it perhaps should have so I can definitely see it from both points of view.

• Like 2

Abrams4c.jpg

Lets keep things in perspective huh?

;)

Don't think anyone (well one dude but w/e) was "attacking me" and I believe the original post were rightfully posted to warn people of what I was doing. So long as it goes no further then that then I hope we are all good and can continue to enjoy our DayZ experiences. 

It's funny to see everybody pointing at this man with your fingers... Saying he broke the rules, he abused his admin rol.. You know what? Every single one of you would do the very same in his shoes.

Meh thats allot of bullshit, I can honestly say I never abused power in any of the servers I ran or the servers I knew the rcon pass off.

Btw Killswitchordie saw the thread noticed his mistake so lets move on.

I really should have locked this...

Guys, please report this server (you need both IP and port numbers), and that will be the end of it.

Locked.

• Like 1