Sign in to follow this  
Ceallach

Armor, Clothes and Equipment you'd like to see.

I've seen people complaining about weapons and all (military vs. civilian, european vs american etc. etc.), but what about the things mentioned above?

Personally, what I think the mod game needs is more russian/eastern/central european centric equipment. Why those? Well, apart from the fact it takes place in Chernarus and it looks much more acceptable (in my opinion) as a high-level loot/gear for an post-zombie apocalyptic eastern european/south-Zagorian/whatever enviroment, I would really prefer to look like this:

gru.jpg

as opposed to this: (something which we currently have more or less, due to lack of variety. ALPHA, I know.):

674c.jpg

I'll start. How about the Maska-1 Helmet? Hell I'd love to see one of those. It's used by the russian GRU, you can use it with a visor and whatnot..

I think it would fit in nicely as a high-level military loot. Surely better than the Payday masks and some of the British equipment and harnesses you can find. :P

0fx7.jpg

3t2g.jpg

maska_spetsnaz.jpg

So eh... anyone else have any other suggestions for equipment, armor or clothes? I'd like to see them as well. :)

Edited by Ceallach

If you've ever played arma 2. The military bases were occupied by american troops. That's why there is American guns, ammo, and other military equipment. 

but I do agree with you. 

Edited by Iownzyou

I would like to see remnants of clothing from the emergency services on chernarus, they can't have vanished! it would be cool to use some police riot gear or use a firemans jacket to protect against cold (I've worn one they're bloody boiling!)

If you've ever played arma 2. The military bases were occupied by american troops. That's why there is American guns, ammo, and other military equipment. 

True, but I wasn't advocating total removal of western-centric stuff. All I am saying is there should be no reason not to include the eastern-centric equipment as well.

Also if I am not mistaken, there was a great number of russian or pro-russian forces (Chedaki) involved in the ArmA2  conflict as well, so that's why I am suggesting this ;)

Edited by Ceallach

Oh, and we also absolutely need this, just replace the badge with a Chernarus Yellow/Green star symbol and we are set.

Can you imagine leading a bayonet charge while wearing this? :P

6.jpg

well here what i been thinking about this topic. Clothing trend as far as modern style goes theres very little eastern or western sure it starts first somewhere then over the years it spread globally. Now given that we do have some villages i would like to see more country type clothing. Example some social pants, hats like explorer type hats, coats. Along with some shorts, cargo shorts perhaps even some ties that we can use to make tourniquets for first aid.

Military wise, I WANT MY BACLAVA! (tactical mask).......any way  i know people have been talking about why should/souldnt have western weapons in cherno, and since it is fictional country, and if its not following arma 2 story, i dont see a problem with having both sides weaponry to the extent that we dont have the powerfull stuff, thats another story. For all we know cherno could have been the ground zero for the infection created by the goverments so both UN/NATO UK and US forces sent some units to try and deal with it.

now going back to my baclava, even if it not military tactical police wears them, also perhaps knee/elbow pads along with crowd control armor, these should rare too.

trench coats would be awsome too, alo i think i remember rocket saying something about watches, but any way these are my thoughts

• Like 1

Oh my god, yes. I have suggested the same thing. I suggested the same helmet as you, and i would really like to see some variety in mask items, just something to cover your face. I totally want this helmet in the game, seriously. I'd like to see some S-GRU camo in the game too. I'm positive they'll eventually add a balaclava in the game, it will look so awesome with this helmet. I also thought about adding some heavy armored vest that actually protects you from some calibers. Man, i just want to one day, be able to look like one of these guys (and no, i'm not talking about the old ladies in the background  :P):

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg506/alicastrillo/Picture15.png

http://oi47.tinypic.com/10sg3ki.jpg (in this one you can see he's using the helmet you suggested)

I like the TTsKO camo and all, but i'd really like to see some variety in camo aswell. Would be nice if we could find some russian or MAYBE western special forces gear (would be harder to find than russian gear, of course), like MVD, S-GRU, OMOH, etc. Here's some pics of equipment i'd like to see in-game:

OMOH GOROD Urban Camo

http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/images/products/200803131141560.gorodpatched2.jpg 

VSS 

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/33/51AirborneRegiment49.jpg/300px-51AirborneRegiment49.jpg

PMK Gasmask

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/8278/dscn0340resizei.jpg

The helmet you suggested, Maska-1

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/krumpken/26022009149.jpg

...And well, many more but those are the main ones. Glad to see someone wants the same stuff i do!  :D

As long as these helmets don't become to easy to find and impossible to penetrate. I don't want to work so hard to get a headshot and then find to my disappointment that the helmet stopped the bullet.

...And well, many more but those are the main ones. Glad to see someone wants the same stuff i do!  :D

Hell yeah! Nice to see someone who shares my hardon for russian equipment! (that came out wrong, I know lol)

I am liking your suggestions and I agree that the TTsKO camo is not enough.

As long as these helmets don't become to easy to find and impossible to penetrate. I don't want to work so hard to get a headshot and then find to my disappointment that the helmet stopped the bullet.

I think fatal headshots should stay but maybe there could be a slight chance that wearing the helmet with a visor could just knock you out? Of course, depending on the caliber and the angle. If you empty a mag into someone's face - he should die, no matter what he has on his head.

Hell yeah! Nice to see someone who shares my hardon for russian equipment! (that came out wrong, I know lol)

I am liking your suggestions and I agree that the TTsKO camo is not enough.

Haha, i too have a hardon for russian equipment, my fine gentleman! I just really like eastern equipment over western, it just looks more fitting.  :D

I'd love to see thematic uniforms. A medic overcoat that could be found in the hospital, a police uniform looted from rare zombies, heck. Anything is possible, most of the clothing you'd see in a city could be available.

Craftable armour would be nice, but altogether all kind of small things that can make your character a bit more unique. Scarfs, knee/elbow pads, masks, hats, glasses, coats etc. Thematic ones, like mentioned: protection suits (biohazard), vests and so on.

I loved Fallout 3 + NV for hundreds of different armours and clothing (after modding ofc) that "made" the character to look "proper" in that environment.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/711/2eff.png

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1880/01nk.png

• Like 1