Sign in to follow this  
ssimmons

Combat Logging & Ghosting

It seems there is a large percentage of COD r-tards that play this game as I've seen about 40 or 50 different players so far use combat logging and ghosting (logging in to a different server to move - then rejoin the old server) like a bunch of pussies.  Please make fixing this a priority because it's has a huge negative impact on the game.

• Like 3

Isn't the fix already in the patch next week ?

I haven't seen any patch notes for next week, can you post it?

Google translated

• Changes (Neofitsialno! Since there is not a specific list of changes!)
  • Revolver "Magnum" is now in the loot
  • Fix ammunition to "Magnum" (.357 Speedloader - six-cylinder revolver)
  • Modified switching the view from first and third person
  • Changes to the server side
  • Changes browser interface Server
  • Lowered chance spawn weapons modules
  • Spawn military rifles reduced by half
  • Previously, after the death of the player's body was removed after disconnection, must now be

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/648814841607538563/

+ the dev announced for next week a patch on twitter.

Somwhere I read a thing about combat logging, but it was not in the patch notes sorry.

Edited by TimM1983

Isn't the fix already in the patch next week ?

Nowhere in the patch notes does it mention any fix. afaik Rocket has said anti-combat logging has been complete but turned off for now as it affects server performance and servers are already running badly.

Edited by CDriVe1335
  • Like 1

It seems there is a large percentage of COD r-tards that play this game as I've seen about 40 or 50 different players so far use combat logging and ghosting (logging in to a different server to move - then rejoin the old server) like a bunch of pussies.  Please make fixing this a priority because it's has a huge negative impact on the game.

I agree, as a player that it is top priority.

But for dev of an alpha game this is left to be a finishing touch.

As you see for Rocket the priority is to add a revolver and work on server interface, hacker and combat loging/ghosting will probably wait till late 2014.

I was looking for a post on this topic.  Ghosting is my pet peeve.  Three of us successfully defended a building in an AB inspite of the opposition logging in and out to see where we were in the unrendered (for them) building.  They also continually clipped into outside walls and fired randomly hoping to hit us.  They then ghosted into the upper floor room.  We heard them in there getting ready to rush us and decided rather than playing along to take away thier pleasure by exiting. They exhibited pretty low class gameplay.  I have two names that I look for now and I won't play on any server they are on.  I know they can change names and perhaps part of the solution is to make names permanent.  After awhile the community will identify the cheats and hackers and be able to ostracise them ourselves.  Report suspisious relogging to server admins and perhaps  they can confirm and take punitive action.  Death messages might help further this process.  Now I know I will get replies from trolls and those who exist only to compensate for low self esteem by ranting and rude comment.  I would really like to hear some ideas on how we, the community can deal with exploiters, cheats and hackers.

The combat logging fix was removed before release of the Alpha because it didn't work as intended and I am sure it is very high on the priority list. Can people just be patient and wait until they at least come off their holidays before making any kind of judgement or claim that they're sitting on the laurels.

The things that concern us will be fixed but being patient will help more than just ranting on or inferring about how bad the Devs are.

Oh yeah, and it won't take private hives to fix these issues as someone inferred, they aren't the end all be all for everything.