elitereece

DAYZ standalone gives me internet problems

My friend got me  the game yesterday I played it for about a hour before my internet started messing up I thought it was my internet provider so I waited in till it came back and after another hour it went again and I came off the computer went to bed and tried again in the morning and it did the same thing after a few of hours of playing I love this game but I can't play it if its messing my internet up I had the same problem with payday 2. Please help thanks.

No program  or game will disable (Or "mess around with") your internet connection. -.- Go and buy some good hardware and change to a good ISP.

• Like 1

I had an issue with ARMA 2 running on a specific modem I had. Luckily, there was a known fix, And I just had to update the firmware. 

Is the problem your entire connection crashing, Or just laggy/desyncy gameplay?

It starts to a lag for about 30 seconds then it drops also my internet provider is virgin media if that helps I have the super hub 2

Edited by elitereece

No program  or game will disable (Or "mess around with") your internet connection. -.- Go and buy some good hardware and change to a good ISP.

bullsh*t

i have the same problem, and ONLY with DayZ.. it happens randomly.. but when it does, regardless to what server i'm connecting to it disconnects me and my internet shuts down for everyone who uses my network in my home, and i have to restart the router...

And yes, i have uPnP enabled, and even forwarded some ports from Arma2 just in case, updated the firmware... tried different settings, still  sometimes it disconnects my internet when i try to play DayZ... it DOES NOT happen and NEVER HAPPENED with any other multiplayer game, never.

And there's multiple similar complaints about DayZ shutting down the internet connection even from the mod, here are a few examples:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/135497-internet-cuts-out-when-i-close-arma-2/?hl=%2Bdayz+%2Bdisconnects+%2Bmy+%2Binternet#entry1328588

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/34670-connecting-to-a-dayz-server-temporarily-disables-my-internet-connection/?hl=%2Bdayz+%2Bdisconnects+%2Bmy+%2Binternet#entry349877

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/51553-wireless-internet-disconnecting-when-joining-any-server/?hl=%2Bdayz+%2Bdisconnects+%2Bmy+%2Binternet

So i'm pretty sure it's a problem from DayZ, it's random though, so not everyone gets it.. i don't know what might cause it, maybe the packets sent from DayZ are regarded as some malware by the router, but then i tried to disable the routers firewall, and the windows' firewall, even enabled DMZ with my IP, tried literally everything, and still it happens from time to time... 

Edited by grinke

Same issue here. I have a strong connection and use my pc also for work. Can go for 12 hours straight with no problems. Can play any kind of game, single or multiplayer smoothly. Sometimes, when i start Dayz, i enter the first server but the screen keeps being black before spawning and when i get out no more refresh. I quit the the game and connection is lost, wiped out. I need to restart the pc to have it up again. Since i'm from Italy i doubt this is provider related. Some local pc programs and applications can be discarded too. It must be something we all have in common, like some popular program as an antivirus or similar. Maybe if we post what we have intalled we can figure it out.

I guess what affected the mod affects the standalone as well:

Your router has a NAT table that caches each individual endpoint (IP:Port). Pinging each one of the DayZ servers results in an entry added to that cache. Some routers have smaller tables than others, and when they get filled up, don't allow new endpoints to be used until the existing ones clear up. Newer/better routers have a much larger cache and are way less likely to see this problem.

Does this to me to. play dayZ for a wile and my internet goes out. reminds me of a ping attack my friends used to do to me years ago, specially because even resetting my router doesn't fix the problem only time does. I have a lot of games and they do not cause this problem. hope they fix this, I only just purchased it and can't play :(

I posted this on another thread where people were having the same problem, might work for you.

"Alright guys, this was pissing me off so much, and I haven't found a fix yet... BUT, I've found a stupid little work-around to get you playing the game in the meantime =)

Load up DayZ, refresh the server list and wait until it's finished loading servers. Then DON'T join a server right away! Minimize your DayZ and open Google. Yeah you'll find your internet probably still not working, so just wait two minutes, maybe five, whatever. Then refresh your browser and see if Google is working now... if it is, maximize your DayZ, then from the server list that you loaded up before, join a server, and away you go! Just don't maximize your DayZ and then refresh the server list.

Hope that helps at least one person, I felt guilty just jumping right in game and not sharing how I got playing again."