marsmars

Great guide for new players - tells you what each symptom means and how to cure!

That is a very good guide! Can't wait for it to increase as we get more stuff in game!

Your character groaning and going "Fuck, that hurts!" is a bit glitchy. Re-log and it will go away.

Your character groaning and going "Fuck, that hurts!" is a bit glitchy. Re-log and it will go away.

yeah I had the moaning thing the other day

my character kept moaning but there was no status effect message. Drove me crazy

Finally he stopped moaning after I logged back in

I think also some foods can treat both hunger and thirst. I ate a canned spaguetti and both status message disappeared, at least thats what it seemed

Anybody know why Antibiotics give you a "sick" message and the constant message "my wounds look cleaner". I don't know that this character has ever taken damage of any kind yet and this kind of concerned me. Checked around and it seems to be normal and goes away after a while... Wouldn't have taken it if I knew this would happen. Pretty random.

Don't worry about that, apparently it is a bug and the "Sick" message wont show up until you try some form of cure. I just tried the same and learned that it will say "My wounds look cleaner" for approx 10 times and the "My wounds are clean now" and then the "Sick" message in the inventory will automatically disappear again. You don't need to take anything extra (like the alcohol mentioned), the antibiotics are just slowly working.

Anybody know why Antibiotics give you a "sick" message and the constant message "my wounds look cleaner". I don't know that this character has ever taken damage of any kind yet and this kind of concerned me. Checked around and it seems to be normal and goes away after a while... Wouldn't have taken it if I knew this would happen. Pretty random.

Thats explained in a different guide:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/159492-great-guide-for-new-players-tells-you-what-each-symptom-means-and-how-to-cure/

should you use the water purification tablets before drinking water?

well I think theoretically pond water needs to be purified, but not sure if water diseases are implemented yet since I never got sick from drinking pond water