Sign in to follow this  
Vidura

New player question.

Hi fellow survivors!

I have this question I need clarification on: Right now you have to buy the ARMA 2 Collection and then download the mod but DayZ it self is available for purchase, so should I buy the ARMA 2 collection and get the mod or should I buy DayZ ? 

If I buy ARMA 2  and then download the mod do I have to buy DayZ  standalone too when it comes into beta or final release ?

What will I miss if I get the standalone now instead of the mod ?

Thankyou.

Just buy Day Z Standalone, you will get to see the game progress! :)

I hear several things are missing and its very unstable than then mod.

Depends if you are wanting to play just DayZ or not.

If you're into only playing DayZ then you should just buy the standalone version (early alpha), unless you are into the ARMA series (it being a military simulator and all) and are wanting to still play DayZ and don't have the money for both, then buy that.

No point in buying ARMA 2 for just DayZ unless you're actually wanting it.

(Keep in mind, ARMA 2 is a great game on its own, especially if military styled games are your thing).

Edited by Intensity on DayZ

Get the mod if you want to try a slightly more polished version.

Get DayZ SA if you want to have some form of input on the development, Test for bugs, And be along for the ride. There's not much to do in SA at the moment seeing as it's the third build.

The mod is in a better condition at the moment as it's had more time, But SA will quickly pass it, I'd say in 2-3 months, Tops.

Both are great, So it's entirely up to you, My vote would be for SA though.

Plus, If you get SA now, You get it cheaper than in say, 3 - 4 months.

Edited by Preach

If I buy ARMA 2  and then download the mod do I have to buy DayZ  standalone too when it comes into beta or final release ?

What will I miss if I get the standalone now instead of the mod ?

Thankyou.

No two separate games to purchase,

What will you miss...

Over time nothing, you will actually gain more. (If you buy standalone)

In it's current alpha stage i wouldn't suggest buying if your looking for a bug free game.

Edited by Aussie Bogan

You guys know about the performance of the standalone? Would a 3.2Ghz (3rd Gen) i5 with 8GB RAM and an OC GTX 660Ti  cut it ?

Yeah its still an alpha version so there is a lot of bugs, but it is pretty awesome. If you want play mod you have to buy Arma II, Standalone version have better interface and graphics.

You also can wait for full version of the game

You guys know about the performance of the standalone? Would a 3.2Ghz (3rd Gen) i5 with 8GB RAM and an OC GTX 660Ti  cut it ?

Definitely ^^

Yeah i run it on my PC, 4GB ram DDR3, i5 3,4GHz and AMD ATi Radeon HD 6xxx series

All right guys thanks for the quick answers I will get the Dayz SA, Any immediate tips before I step in to the wild ?

All right guys thanks for the quick answers I will get the Dayz SA, Any immediate tips before I step in to the wild ?

Just don't expect a perfect game is all, always keep in mind "Early Alpha", and of course, have fun!

Just don't expect a perfect game is all, always keep in mind "Early Alpha", and of course, have fun!

Yes I understand, any basic survival tips ?

Try to make sure you are always full on food and drink when ever you can by making use of wells and any spare food. Don't take anything you don't need, and trust no one out of your "friendly" rating.

Try to make sure you are always full on food and drink when ever you can by making use of wells and any spare food. Don't take anything you don't need, and trust no one out of your "friendly" rating.

Thanks a lot!

• Like 1

Don't just shoot everyone you see. Talk to them (Hold Caps to speak) and see what it brings. Sometimes you're unlucky and the other guy shoots back. Sometimes you're lucky, and you and the other guy can go on an adventure :D