Sign in to follow this  
Jaygoon

Some looooonngg range shooting.

A vid by someone i am subbed to on youtube who normally does star citizen videos but doing some Dayz now.

That works. Nice punishment.

PS No Coriolis force in SA?

Edited by Zyryanoff

Snipings too daam easy in stand alone.

Nope. Players being stupid and being punished for it again.

That works. Nice punishment.

PS No Coriolis force in SA?

No, and it's only like 2 inches even at that distance

A 25 degree temperature change will shift impact about 5 inches

Calculated spin drift is about 6 inches

With a 15 km/h wind at 90 degrees, the drift is almost 7 feet

Edit: not to mention the in-game dispersion of a stock, unmodified Mosin is almost 7 feet at 800 meters...

There are many more important things to worry about than Coriolis, which is not an appreciable factor at that range

Edited by Gews
  • Like 2

See that....and just think, last week some scrub was bitching about not having an AS50.

Pretty good sniping.

Definite difference than old mod sniping. Damaged off zeroed scope, bullet don't 1HK at great ranges.

Much harder to do if you ask me.

That second guy could've gotten off the roof easy though, they're in open not moving in the first place aswell.

I don't feel bad for that rooftop camp squad.

The bipod is actually the reason your shots pull left :D

I've tested this!

Edited by DMZ_Sniper

Amazing shots!

Those who say sniping is easy.. Your stupid. None where one shot kill shots, all had time to get off the roof.. Amazing knowlage of the gun to work out the bullet deviation.

Sadly my guess this spot was camped and he must of had several practice shots on static objects befor he got the zeroing etc right... Sp not easy probably took quite some time setting up those shots an location.

Absolutely love the 2:01 shot, player dose the right thing takes cover and peeks to see who the hell came up the stairs! Hit again and runs the other side of his cover to check where the attacker was and cover his flank, keeps looking at the only place any normal shots could of come from thinks fuck this hackers and logs probably still confused as to how someone could possibly have shot him where he was lmao.

Side note.. Wonder if the shots where audible at that range?

Edited by Desryachri

A that range currently the shots wouldn't be heard, sound are pretty buggy right now, I've shot my mosin in a barracks and my friend who was in the hospital 200 meters away couldn't hear it.