Sign in to follow this  
Kiwuu

Item ideas!

(WILL KEEP UPDATING)

Well, hello there! I'd just like to list a few ideas that i got for DayZ SA. First of all, yes, i DO know it's a pre-alpha, everything is subject to change, yadda yadda yadda. Now, to the ideas:

1. Easter eggs. Nope, not some funny ones. I'm sure a big part of the DayZ players heard about the Green Mountain radio transmission thingy. I really liked that, even if it's fake. It fits with the general feeling of DayZ, something creepy, scary. I'd love to see something creepy as hell like that in-game. I also saw a topic about adding Bigfoot to remote forests up north in the game. Maybe not bigfoot, but something else to scare people out of their pants while they are camping up north enjoying their beans around a campfire.

2. More headgear and clothing! Yup, as i stated above, i know it's a pre-alpha, truckload of content coming in the following phases of development, etc. But i would love to see some more variety in items, sure, there is some variety of items in the SA, like vests and attachments. But i just love masks. Gasmasks, or anything to cover your face in general. I'd love to see some variety of gasmasks or masks. I always grab a respirator if i find one, or a gasmask. I'd love to see some new gasmasks models in-game, i'll list a few of them:

Russian Z-41 Gasmask:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiBArGEyqeiAschr4jbAlGvnhjZ53tyNC_MGMvxORqjWR5OWWZ

British S10 Gasmask:

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/zsizo/cabinet/military/02514527/img57714652.jpg?_ex=128x128

I think you all got the general idea. Now, to clothing. We can all agree the russian Spetsnaz has one of the most badass looking equipment out there. The following items i'll list would only be able to found as a rare spawn at military bases. Now, to the items:

Fort Defender II heavy body armor:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS2iXD3aRzC5Ja4-GLtdu6bJ1jhcGvHp9unsX-nbwoUA3_NGG2Wg

(One of my favorites) Altyn Helmet:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/krumpken/26022009149.jpg

STSh-81 Sphera helmet:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/maska_spetsnaz.jpg

Now, taking a look at DayZ's (kinda) story, radio silence, zombie outbreak, yadda yadda yadda. Of course people would go crazy in a zombie outbreak; riots, infected people, bandits, police, military! Oh, talking about riots, a riot helmet would be a nice addition too. But anyways,After all the stuff that would happen in a zombie outbreak, of course there would be that kind of gear lying around. Maybe add some armored zombies with the items i listed above? Well, enough military gear. Like i said, i LOVE masks. Anything to cover my face is good. But it would be nice to have a bit of variety in mask items. It would be awesome if balaclavas were added in, and i'm sure i'm not the only person who wants 'em. Another thing that would be cool to have would be the option to put the hood of your hoodie over your head. Did i already tell you guys i love masks?

3. Weapons! Everyone loves weapons! You must be thinking, "What the hell is this guy talking about? There's already weapons in tha game, dummy!" Well, hold the phone there, cowboy. I saw another topic talking about adding .22 rifles in the game, and i totally agree with that. They're common weapons all over the world, aswell as revolvers which are coming soon. We have not to only think about the military factor of the game, we have to put the civilian factor in mind. Civilian weapons, that is, common weapons that people have inside their houses. .22 Rifles, for example. Revolvers, shotguns, etc. And i just love the attachment system, would be nice if you could.."pimp" up your .22 ruger or something. 

4. Stuff from the other mods! Yup. Maybe grab a factor or feature you like from.. let's say, DayZ Aftermath or DayZ Epoch, like DayZ Aftermath's crafting system or DayZ Epoch's base building system, DayZero's awesome gun sounds and weapons, would be a nice addition to the game, in my opinion. But of course, still keeping what would fit in DayZ SA in mind. 

Well, those are my ideas, hopefully you didn't die reading my stupid text, and if you didn't, i wish i could give you a cookie or something right now. I'll hope some of these ideas make it in-game, the Standalone has so much potential. Well, thanks for reading and feel free to post any ideas and pictures of items you want in the game in this topic!  :D 

Edited by Kiwuu

Bows.

Oh my god, yes. Maybe add the crossbow back in with some attachments

Good ideas. I feel like we could have like 500.000 different items with a very small spawn rate, then we have tons of people with another style.

• Like 1

Good ideas. I feel like we could have like 500.000 different items with a very small spawn rate, then we have tons of people with another style.

That's exactly what i wanted to say, have alot of items so you can customize your gear just how you like it, and everyone will be unique in their way.

Some additional items of my own.

Tripod Campfire Cooker

stock-photo-hungarian-goulash-tripod-cam

Handcar trolly
~ for all the train tracks around the map ~ 
Not as good as a car, but faster transportation somewhere..
Has to be built?

A_handcar_pump_trolley_UK.jpg

Facemask

Chaos_CTR_Multi_Tasker_Pro_Facemask.jpg

Hooded Clothing

wilderness-survival-warm-clothes-survivo

And a "peace sign" animation!

Edited by nickxnickx
  • Like 2

Bow.

I was really excited when they added the x-bow to the mod then sad panda :( on how they implemented it.

Would love a recurve bow or compound bow but they have to implement it correctly dangit. Decent range  (50m max), quiet, good stopping power, and a decent reload speed. Make the fletchings easy to be seen in grass/woods for recovering arrows. Could have red dot sights for them, balances, etc. all type of attachments are out there for bows.

Edit: yes I know bows can be deadly past 50m. The suggested range is just an example.

Edited by Zogvarn

Some additional items of my own.

Tripod Campfire Cooker

stock-photo-hungarian-goulash-tripod-cam

Handcar trolly

~ for all the train tracks around the map ~ 

Not as good as a car, but faster transportation somewhere..

Has to be built?

A_handcar_pump_trolley_UK.jpg

Facemask

Chaos_CTR_Multi_Tasker_Pro_Facemask.jpg

Liked your ideas, specially the trolly one. Maybe it would be build with wood piles and some other things?

I know this is a long way off, but I want this game to allow players to eventually be like MacGuyver. If items could be combined in real life to make something cooler we can make it. Like Dead Rising on crack. 

Also, am I the only one who wants to kill a man with a spear from fifty feet away? 

Bow.

I was really excited when they added the x-bow to the mod then sad panda :( on how they implemented it.

Would love a recurve bow or compound bow but they have to implement it correctly dangit. Decent range  (50m max), quiet, good stopping power, and a decent reload speed. Make the fletchings easy to be seen in grass/woods for recovering arrows. Could have red dot sights for them, balances, etc. all type of attachments are out there for bows.

Edit: yes I know bows can be deadly past 50m. The suggested range is just an example.

A bow is an awesome idea, but i think it would be hard to make new animations for it and such, not sure how it would work. Keep those ideas coming, guys!

Liked your ideas, specially the trolly one. Maybe it would be build with wood piles and some other things?

More like this?

HandPumpCart3.jpg

• Like 1

Flare gun

~ could be good, could be bad. ~

flare-gun.gif

Good for nighttime gameplay, could maybe be used as bait, but not so useful at daytime.

• Like 1

Good for nighttime gameplay, could maybe be used as bait, but not so useful at daytime.

It could still be used as a back-up weapon in a pinch. Also, it would work for indoor locations which are not as easily visible at any time of the day without artificial light.

It could still be used as a back-up weapon in a pinch. Also, it would work for indoor locations which are not as easily visible at any time of the day without artificial light.

This might be a little impossible for DayZ but, shooting a flare at zombies and then they catch fire? I dunno, i think i'm just dreaming.  :P 

Not really an item, but...

A horde of zombies that have pathing around the map. Just 1 horde.

shambling-hordes-of-zombies.jpg

I think Rocket mentioned something about big-ass roaming hordes up north in the future.

Signs.
~ Kinda like the piece of paper and pen idea, but these can be posted anywhere in the ground. ~
il_340x270.328706401.jpg

• Like 2

Hooded tactical clothing..(rare)

Hazmat suit...bright yellow..(less rare)

Both :)

Oh, i think i know whatcha' talking about. Would be cool if we could eventually look like a character from S.T.A.L.K.E.R  :D

The Russian gas mask you listed is extremely ineffective and will protect you against virtually nothing. Some of the filters on old gas masks are known to contain asbestos, which is extremely toxic

As for the British mask, I don't know how that would fit in a place like Chernarus