Sign in to follow this  
hypergolem

Server hopping is killing the game

Server hopping is killing the game. If BI doesn't find a solution soon and stop server hopping, the game is dead!

What is the purpose of surviving and trying to get gear by traveling from place to place if people just jump from server to server to get fully geared in minutes and then go on a killing run?

Not to talk about being killed by a server hopping bastard who spawns next to you...

Alphas don't die because of a lack of features, poor design, or gamebreaking defects - they get better. The purpose of "playing" DayZ right now is to test the Standalone and provide feedback, which is a service to Rocket and his team. You've provided feedback, yay! Unfortunately in this case, you're not saying anything new to SA or even the mod. This has been a problem as long as DayZ has existed. I'm confident they'll resolve it eventually.

Edited by TolEressea

They've already stated a desire to remedy this, and a plan.  It's coming :)  Have faith in these guys, they're doing a great job.

No it's not.

It's an early alpha and server hopping is not that hard to prevent, afaik rocket already said that they have a solution ready.

But you can expect that to be implemented soon when the devs get back from their well deserved break.

Hey Sir. this game is still on progress, thats why there is a rude ALPHA on your screen while you play.

Thank you for your patience.

To everybody who says it is an Alpha (like I didn't know...)

I don't think is such a big deal for a programmer to give a spawn on  a new different server an inventory wipe...

I shot at 2 people a bit ago, killed one and the other one was bleeding, he managed to get away fast and log out. I return to this other guys body and loot a few things. The guy came back on the same server and killed me. I know it's in Alpha but sweet jesus to go through that much effort to save your precious M4 is a little sad haha.

To everybody who says it is an Alpha (like I didn't know...)

I don't think is such a big deal for a programmer to give a spawn on  a new different server an inventory wipe...

I'm fairly certain they intend for players to retain their gear from server to server. Your solution removes an amazing feature to deal with a defect which can be dealt with in much more specific ways.