Sign in to follow this  
blfonsworth

Question about Handcuffs and Keys

I have a question about hadncuffs an keys. If you would like to read a semi-cool experience to go along with the question then read on (some people here like to read other people's dayz exploits), if you just want to see the question, skip to the bottom.

Yesterday myself and a few friends were all running around the west/southwest part of the map (all logged into diff places) and we decided to meet up at Balota to find fresh ammo and maybe get into a fight. I had been carrying handcuffs and a set of keys around for the last couple days wanting to catch someone. I had seen it done in vids and thought it would be cool.

I finally got my chance. We finally all met in the NW corner of Balota near the military building and the 2 big hangars. There were 3 of us and one had to log off by the time we all met up (can;t wait for vehicles) The place had already been looted and there was a guy running around. We heard him put down a zombie with the handgun and we gingerly stepped out to find him (both of us well equipped from previous trips to military buildings). The server reset on us. We immediately logged back in to fresh loot spawns, realized we were teh only people that were back on the server and began to raid Balota as quickly as possible (btw I got some really good stuff, new sight, stock and weapon light for my m4).

While we were raiding the camp on the southern side of the airstrip I saw a flash of a red backpack and we gave chase. I found him hiding in a tent and told him to come out, which he did. He tried to run and I yelled I would shoot if he didn't stop, he stopped. He was unarmed so I decided this was my chance to practice my arresting skills. It was a good heist too, he had a pristine red dot sight and a lot of 5.56 ammo, including a 20 and 30 round clip. Obv we took all his 5.56 and M4 stuff since we both had an m4 and he didn't.

This is where things got a bit 'buggy'. After a few tense minutes of us searching him and talking to him (he had no mic to talk back) to let him know we were all cool and he would be done in a sec, I took out my handcuff keys in my hand, approached him and unlocked the handcuffs. The cuffs went into my backpack automatically but the keys completely disappeared. Are keys one-time use? Was this a bug that needs reporting? Or did my guy simply drop them and I couldn't find them? I would rather be able to search people and let them go than have to kill them and try to loot their body before they respawn.

Edited by BLFonsworth

Keys are one-time use. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I really don't think it should be like that.

I have never seen a set of keys that were one-time use in my life, unless you broke them when you used them. lol

Is there a way to break the cuffs? Or to remove them without the key?

Edited by BLFonsworth