Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Crouch run and standing run speed

Is it just me or actually crouch running is faster then standing running? Normal run not sprint.

For me it feels like I run faster when crouched.

It is.. My friends and I figured this out around the first 2 days in game.. We crouch-run everywhere now. Only works if you have your weapon "down".

Also worth noting that it seems like the noise of crouch running is "louder" than jogging.. However we have not tested the range of the sound, only noticed that the sound is more obvious.

• Like 1

You don't say i never really noticed.. Although i like the speed of the crouch walk

It is.. My friends and I figured this out around the first 2 days in game.. We crouch-run everywhere now. Only works if you have your weapon "down".

Also worth noting that it seems like the noise of crouch running is "louder" than jogging.. However we have not tested the range of the sound, only noticed that the sound is more obvious.

For me crouch run feels louder becosue guy moves his legs faster and make more constant noise.

EDIT:

After some more research I think that character indeed stomp louder when crouch run.

Edited by Frosti

You should try the Flash-running speed in SA...

Flash-running? What's that?

I was under the impression that they were both roughly the same speed, which, if you've ever tried "crouch jogging", makes sense.

The difference between the two is not speed, its stealth and stamina. Crouch running is obviously more covert in terms of what enemies can see, but it makes you tired much faster.

The difference between the two is not speed, its stealth and stamina. Crouch running is obviously more covert in terms of what enemies can see, but it makes you tired much faster.

Possible that crouch run drains stamina, becouse I was eating and drinking alot but since I did this crouch run I lost my healthy/healing buff and can't get it back even if I drink and eat to full, I just vomiting.

Will wait and rest and see if my healthy/healing buff comes back when I stop crouch running.

Took Tetracycline and it showed up that I had infected wounds (prob after zombie hit). Tetracycline cleared my wounds and I got my healing/healthy buff back.

Long live crouch run.

Edited by Frosti