Sign in to follow this  
Naike

Does suppressor make any difference?

I just got my M4 fully geared with alot of attachements and magazines. I tested out the suppressor on a zombie and realized it was still as loud as before. My friend in a small distance said: "well that was loud." too. 

Then I figured I could ask people on the forum to be sure.

Edited by Naike

I just got my M4 fully geared with alot of attachements and magazines. I tested out the suppressor on a zombie and realized it was still as loud as before. My friend in a small distance said: "well that was loud."

I just want to be confirmed if it silences the gun at all. Thanks :)

nope. no difference at this point in time. except making you look sexy.

• Like 1

i've heard mixed things i've got a silencer and i'm not even sure some people say no it doesnt work others say it does work but plays the wrong sound soooo.... *shrug*

nope. no difference at this point in time. except making you look sexy.

And looking sexy is the sole purpose of DayZ, right now at least. xD

I just got my M4 fully geared with alot of attachements and magazines. I tested out the suppressor on a zombie and realized it was still as loud as before. My friend in a small distance said: "well that was loud." too. 

I think it's more effective if you detach it and beat bambi's to death with it ;)

I should of tried pulling the suppressor and firing. But my buddy couldn't hear me firing it halfway down the airfield with a pristine suppressor.

Ok thanks for the comments! I'll try it again soon.

It will be difficult to tell without the DayZ staff to comment on it. Since DayZ takes pride in it's realism it's possible that they could be going the route of a realistic suppresser as opposed to the "TV/VideoGame" ones you see in pretty much 99% of the games out there. To go a bit more indepth on the subject real life suppressors do not function like the do in the movies. Their primary function is simply to lower the noise report to something that is safe for human hearing. Now of course there are some guys out there who do need something that functions like they do in the movies and those require special ammunition and quite often include a complex integral where the suppressor is actually part of the barrel.

Anyways if you are screwing a can on the end of a M4 and throwing down default ammo it's still going to be loud. Not to mention the bullet still suffers from supersonic cracks. It's entirely possible that the staff is approaching suppressers from a realistic point or view. Or they are not functioning ingame. Like I said a subject like this would really benefit from staff input.

Edited by mrscratch

No sound reduction yet,, just cosmetic change :) 

Either the suppressor hasn't been properly configured yet, or you need actual subsonic ammo for it to make a difference. It should still remove the muzzle flash though.

Either the suppressor hasn't been properly configured yet, or you need actual subsonic ammo for it to make a difference. It should still remove the muzzle flash though.

Will wait at night and check if it eliminates the flash (if I survive to night time).

My friend picked up the suppressor thinking it would, you know, suppress the gun shots. It wasn't until after I found a pristine knife bayonet that he found out it didn't work and I found out the knife bayonet can actually be stored and used as a knife as well.. +1 me, -1 him hahahaha