Taylor (DayZ)

Health in SA?

I haven't read anything definitive about the health system in SA. I know that getting hit by a zombie = red water squirting out and health drops. I've heard that using the IV and Blood bags will regenerate health, but does food do the same? If so, how many can of tuna am I going to have to go through to make my character a little more healthy? Does cooking food heal you up more? If so HOW do you go about cooking things? I've put together a camping stove with a gas can, but couldn't figure out what to do past that.

If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate a response.

You don't earn blood by eating like in the mod.

To get more blood here you have to stay healthy. You do this by eating and drinking until it says that your stomach is full.

Then at some point it will say "healthy". This means you're healing at 3 blood per second. Otherwise you will only heal at 1 blood per second.

I guess the moderators are full of festive booze and food.  Guys ... take it to the DayZ General Discussion forum ... for the SA.

This is the DayZ MOD General Discussion forum.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong section!

Anyone know how much food someone has to eat to get this "healthy label"?

What about cooking?

Thanks for the input Korsbaek

Cooking doesn't work yet. I'm not entirely sure how many cans it takes to get full. But I do know that eating an entire box of rice, then drinking until it says "I feel full/stuffed"  puts you in the "healthy" or "healing" state.

Just a note that sometimes you can be sick or have infected wounds and you  will not start to be healthy or healing no matter how much you will drink and eat.

You'll have to first clean your wounds or take antibiotics to cure sickness.

Also there is no ifno that you have infected wounds, you can know only by not having healthy/healing buff after eating and drinking till stuffed.

You need to bring Food/Thirst/Vitamins to a full level to regenerate blood. If you have full blood your healthy will regenerate.