Sign in to follow this  
HellSnake

A story about justice.

What happened to me today while playing DayZ with a friend was highly satisfying, it felt like justice. That's a feeling that you don't get often while playing this game.

I've been playing with a friend for the past couple of days. We've travelled Chernarus from South to North and East to West, getting ourselves fully geared up in the meantime. Camouflage clothing, big backpacks, lots of food, tactical vests, weapons (an m4 for me and a mosin for him, axes and pistols), lots of ammo, and so on. We moved from town to town, visiting the new places that are already implemented in the north part of the map, always avoiding people to optimize our chances of survival.

But with so much equipment there's no point in keep looting, and with nothing else to do, we became bored and decided to go to the south coast and try to help new spawns. We knew that was likely to be our doom, but fuck it, we said.

So we wandered the south coast for a bit until we decided to get to Balota Airfield. We were inside of the building that has a cell in the first floor, seeing if there was something useful that we still didn't have, like a 6-slot shirt for my friend, or a sight for the m4 for me. I was covering the closed main door while my friend was searching the building. Then all of the sudden the door opened and a guy tried to get in the building. I was distracted, talking to my friend about what he was finding. I wasn't expecting anyone, and as a non-PVP player, I panicked and shot before I could see that he was completely unarmed. Luckily I missed by a mile, as I didn't even aim. He told us that he was friendly, to which I replied that we were too. I gave him 2 opened cans of food and he went east towards the hangars, thanking us. He clearly didn't trust us, the poor thing. We decided to quickly go back to the trees north of the airfield, just in case someone heard the shot and was on their way  to ambush us.

A few minutes later we heard some m4 shots coming from the control tower, east of where we were.We thought that our freshspawn friend was in trouble, so we got into a hidden position and watched from the trees. We were right. We saw the guy running, bleeding out, while one guy that we couldn't yet see kept shooting him. I didn't see him fall, but it didn't look good.  The shooting stopped and them two guys got around the building. One went prone, while another one entered the control tower.

We were planning how to kill those two bastards that attacked our little innocent friend, when I noticed that the guy in prone position was looking directly at me. I didn't think he was seeing me, because he was just looking, but then he started to shoot at me. I stood up and started running, zigzagging among trees and bushes while hearing the bullets hit all around me. I knew that if I distracted him, I could buy some time for my friend to carefully land his shot. I barely managed to get to cover, unharmed. He kept shooting at my general direction, but then I heard my friend firing his Mosin. I peeked out of cover and saw the guy bleeding like a fountain. Then another shot and he was dead.

We waited for a bit, watching the control tower. There was no sign of the other guy. We feared he was trying to ghost on us, so we forgot about him and relocated into the thicker forest, east of where we were. We then tried to locate the guy that we helped but we couldn't find him. So we'll never know if he made it   :(

That's what should happen to you when you mess with harmless fresh spawns. But unfortunately, we all know justice is a rare thing in the apocalyse. 

Edited by HellSnake