Sign in to follow this  
DannyFilming

I'm sick and confused.

So my "healthy" character died and I got my loot and food back and went to a well. I drank till my stomach was full and then filled up on food but I ate too much and I got sick. Then I ate som charcoal to fix it and I got more sick.

Not really sure what to do now. How do I cure myself?

Also, how do I avoid eating too much when trying to get "healthy"?

Are your clothes infected?

Perhaps being sick due to eating too much is seperate from being sick from rotten food etc. I read in another thread that eating charcoal when you're not sick... makes you sick.

So yeah, maybe you used charcoal for the wrong thing. I'm not sure, though,

Sounds like your suffering from a rare form of Aids, Pity it's only alpha and dean hasn't implemented a vaccine yet ;)

1pYu8md.png

This is what I use:

DayZ Standalone Symptoms

It says exactly what you have based on the message you are getting,  and how to cure it

Its important because if you take medicine or something that you are not supposed to, it will actually make you more sick instead of better

Edited by SurvivorX

I did the exact same thing, sickness went to red, but after 5 min yellow again, and after 30-ish minutes GONE

Just wait it out.

With charcoal eaten too

Edited by Betabyte

This is what I use:

DayZ Standalone Symptoms

It says exactly what you have based on the message you are getting,  and how to cure it

Its important because if you take medicine or something that you are not supposed to, it will actually make you more sick instead of better

Great info!

Also note that painkillers do nothing if you are bleeding, hungry, or thirsty :) I tried those out of desperation but my character still died

The best method to eating/drinking is to eat a couple cans of food, then drink at a well until you get a message 'My stomach is full' or 'I feel stuffed'. If you eat or drink more after that message, you will vomit. Charcoal tabs only work for poisoning, such as eating rotten food.

This is what I use:

DayZ Standalone Symptoms

I read these symptoms and anything that uses an alcohol tincture to cure, antibiotics works just as well fyi.