Sign in to follow this  
DevilDog (DayZ)

Probably not a bug, but an issue (multiple med kits)

Been running around playing the medic role and have come across this issue. If I have several med kits on me I can only open 1 of them. Even if I hot key them I just open the same one.

I have two medkits too with different stuff in it and don't have this issue, I can open both of them

I experienced a similar bug with two different canteens in the hotbar, or swapping which canteen is in the hotbar. It would fill up the same one regardless of what I did unless I manually placed the second canteen in my hand or completely dropped the other one.

There's no point in using medkits, so why does it matter?

There's no point in using medkits, so why does it matter?

Actually there is... Protector cases are even better. While medkits allow you to store 6 med only items the cases store misc, taking up only 4 in your space so you save 2. Obviously he had a lot of med items since he's playin a doctor.

Edited by intensity
  • Like 2

medkits allow you to store 6 items, taking up only 4 [inv spaces]

I was under the impression medkits could only hold 4 items because I couldn't put more than 4 stacks of rags in them...

But hey good to know. I appreciate it. :)

I had that same thing happen with the canteens. Could only fill one until I dropped it. Even when I switch manually in my inventory the same kit opens and just swaps locations of the two.

As for their use. Yeah I tend to carry a ton of medical gear and prefer to organize each kit for a specific use. So I have 1 with pills (vitamins, water pur, charcoal, pain killers), 1 with just 6 bandages, 1 with blood bags and saline bags and 1 with injectors epi/morphine. Maybe I am just attracted to the pretty red fabric lol. I do love how in depth the medical system in this game is. I thought ModZ had a great med system, but this game trumps it. Anyway as you can see it becomes a pain in the butt to open the right case to access what I need when I have to drop cases to open cases.

Figured I would update. I did go back in and try a few things. If I have 1 kit in my hand and try to drag another there then they will just switch spots in the inventory but the 2nd one does not open. If I have 1 kit in my hand and remove that first then try and open the second one it will open. That is better still kind of slow, but not too bad.