Sign in to follow this  
Chronos Blackburn

Not everyone KoS's - Hostage Situation

This thread does have a video attached to it, but I would appreciate it if this would stay in the General Discussion forums, if you feel so compelled to move it, let me know and I will just remove the video.

Here is the cycle me and my clan do for the time being during the alpha.

1. Get geared

2. Group up

3. Either test something in the game that no one has tested yet, or we go to the coast in squads of 5 and share knowledge of things we have learned or supplies, or hunt axe wielding bandits that are chasing fresh spawns down the beach.

Earlier this week we someone send me a message on the forums asking if [WCO] could help them out near Balota, there was a couple people hunting freshspawns, handcuffing them and killing them.

They said a few of them had M4's but most of the time they were using Axe's, but were extremely good with them.

The guy gave us the server name and told us they liked to hang around the Balota airfield.

We went in and saw a guy with an Axe and a fresh spawn had handcuffed another fresh spawn and were forcing him to take his clothes off and walk around hand cuffed.

[WCO] Whiskey Company tries to keep everyone alive, if we can we will even keep the bad guys alive so we can take their blood.

Plus if you shoot on sight you ruin the persons gear, if you are skilled enough and can sneak up on a bandit you can hand cuff them, then take their gear and it wont be ruined .

We decided to try and help him out, this is what happened.

• Like 4

You know if you go into edit, and then select "Use full editor"  you can change the topic title :P

You know if you go into edit, and then select "Use full editor"  you can change the topic title :P

I do now xD. Thanks.

Also, earlier when you asked if we help with looting, we do not.

But, if we find a freshspawn we at the very least give them food and water and a good bandage.

If they are cool, we give them a weapon, and more medical supplies.

Part of the WCO ROE's are to keep a 45 with 1 clip on us at all times to either give to re spawning clannies, or fresh spawns.

Yes, we have been shot with our own guns before, but not killed.

Also, earlier when you asked if we help with looting, we do not.

But, if we find a freshspawn we at the very least give them food and water and a good bandage.

If they are cool, we give them a weapon, and more medical supplies.

Part of the WCO ROE's are to keep a 45 with 1 clip on us at all times to either give to re spawning clannies, or fresh spawns.

Yes, we have been shot with our own guns before, but not killed.

Where did you find a 45 clip? I found a lot of things and searched at least 30 military buildings(even after server restart) and never found one.

• Like 1

Where did you find a 45 clip? I found a lot of things and searched at least 30 military buildings(even after server restart) and never found one.

We have a few supply guys.

I just get them from our supply.

Chronos Blackburn: Hey, whats the last thing in your inventory?

Book. This is the only way to read them now.

• Like 1

This video is just another reason why we should make weapons and other items more rare, and also add value to players life. Without it situations like this would be boring, since players wouldn't care about their life because they can respawn 5 secs after and get the same gear in 10-15 minutes. During actions like this, all players should carefully plan their moves, they should do everything just to survive, there should be fear of dying. That guy just took axe out and wanted to fight 1v 2 armed guys with weapons which was really stupid, because he didn't care if he died.

The fear of dying is what makes DayZ awesome, and the fear of dying is what Standalone lacks the most

Edited by Gdaddy22
  • Like 1

This video is just another reason why we should make weapons and other items more rare, and also add value to players life. Without it situations like this would be boring, since players wouldn't care about their life because they can respawn 5 secs after and get the same gear in 10-15 minutes. During actions like this, all players should carefully plan their moves, they should do everything just to survive, there should be fear of dying. That guy just took axe out and wanted to fight 1v 2 armed guys with weapons which was really stupid, because he didn't care if he died.

The fear of dying is what makes DayZ awesome, and the fear of dying is what Standalone lacks the most

I agree, but I'm always scared of death in DayZ...but now with M4...I'm the one who knocks....

Some people just don't fear death, some of us believe in death before dishonor, and some know that most of the time being afraid is what gets you killed.

I see the point in your statement and yes, I agree with you but in a slightly different way, instead of fearing death we should fear the after effects of dying.

Witch I guess is also what you are saying. So you get my beans!