alegro1337

No Picture at all

I just got DayZ today and was going to play with some friends. Instead of freezing at a black screen like some people have issues with I just don't get any picture. The icon for DayZ shows up on my taskbar and if I click it I can hear the background noise from the title screen of the game. If you could help me that would be cool so thanks in advance.

post-181764-0-22510800-1388090013_thumb.

I just got DayZ today and was going to play with some friends. Instead of freezing at a black screen like some people have issues with I just don't get any picture. The icon for DayZ shows up on my taskbar and if I click it I can hear the background noise from the title screen of the game. If you could help me that would be cool so thanks in advance.

Have you tried verifying your gamefiles on Steam? If that doesn't work - tried reinstalling?

I added no splash after trying it a few times then got rid of it.

Specs:

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.120926-1855)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
Processor: Intel® Core i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

I have an Intel® HD Graphics 4000
and
An NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

The 2 Graphics cards might be the problem but I dedicated the NVIDIA to be primary.

An NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

Is there an option lower than lowest?

I don't think your PC is powerful enough to run it...

Is there an option lower than lowest?

I don't think your PC is powerful enough to run it...

It's not like I can lower the settings of the game, literally nothing shows up when I run, no black or grey screen, no loading. Just my desktop background with the title screen sounds form the game. And my PC can run it fine. I have run more intense games than this.

Also having this problem, tried validating files and would rather not have to reinstall if anyone can offer potential solutions.