overdosed (DayZ)

Combat logging, Ghosting and Server hopping...

I really dont understand why are ppl constantly suggesting crazy ideas for fixing those things.

For combat loggers, just do what mmos have been doing for a decade now(if not even more) You want to log out - you have to sit still for 20 seconds. If you dont want to wait or alt f4 your character just stays in the world defenseless for several minutes.

For ghosting - when you switch servers you get a 5 minute cooldown until you can join the last one you were in.

Server hopping - If you switch servers more than X times in X amount of time you get a global ban for Y amount of time until you can join any server.

Am I missing something or is it just so easy?!

• Like 2

Combat loging was big problem in DayZ mod and it was never fixed ( it was fixed in DayZero mod, with log out timer and player dummy, like in mmorpg but in DayZ, never), so don't expect combat loging being fixed any time soon.

Combat loging was big problem in DayZ mod and it was never fixed ( it was fixed in DayZero mod, with log out timer and player dummy, like in mmorpg but in DayZ, never), so don't expect combat loging being fixed any time soon.

Disagree. Now when Dayz have central server it's much easier.

It's easy but now looks like the whole team is on holidays.

I really dont understand why are ppl constantly suggesting crazy ideas for fixing those things.

For combat loggers, just do what mmos have been doing for a decade now(if not even more) You want to log out - you have to sit still for 20 seconds. If you dont want to wait or alt f4 your character just stays in the world defenseless for several minutes.

For ghosting - when you switch servers you get a 5 minute cooldown until you can join the last one you were in.

Server hopping - If you switch servers more than X times in X amount of time you get a global ban for Y amount of time until you can join any server.

X100

It's very easy to fix, and yet it's left wife open for constant exploiting.

I agree. Mindbaffling...lol

All of the suggested fixes have a major flaw: the server is going to have to spend some amount of time checking/logging timers for every login/out attempt. Easiest fix by far is to have a character/inventory locked to a server. You can still play on other servers, but inventory is local to that server. This would negate every one of the problems except combat logging. You fix that by giving us a few PvE enforced servers.

TBH I've never understood the game mechanic that allows a player to hop servers looting the same location on each server and thinking that this isn't an exploit. It's why I don't PvP. No point when all of the opponents, almost without exception, and max geared by hopping servers at NWAF of the Military camps.

I don't think they thought about combat logging for the initial launch of the Early Access. They did say a lot was not implemented just so they could get a core foundation out for testing purposes. It's great to have people helping in the development process for that very reason.

As far as I'm aware, there's going to be some fixing as far as combat logging goes within the next few patches.

All of the suggested fixes have a major flaw: the server is going to have to spend some amount of time checking/logging timers for every login/out attempt.

They did it in DayZero mod and it worked fine.

Easiest fix by far is to have a character/inventory locked to a server. You can still play on other servers, but inventory is local to that server. 

Yeah and it would also mean that if the server accidentally goes down - youre fucked. If the server is full - youre fucked. If you want to go play with some else in another server - youre fucked. If you want to change server because the one youre playing on is full of idiots - youre fucked. This would create more problems than it solves. 

I don't think they thought about combat logging for the initial launch of the Early Access. 

Never played the mod, but from what I know those things werent fixed in there too.

The mod *actually* fixed it if you played it. It had a log out timer and DayZero didnt invent that.