Sign in to follow this  
lukasforeals

People...WTF is wrong with you?

Rocket doesn't give a shit since he apparently wants the game to be VERY realistic. So realistic that he won't bother with zombie walking through walls and doors

Except he obviously cares as he is actively fixing these bugs. Zombies can no longer attack through walls and I haven't seen them walk through one since 1.7.1.1. They still walk through doors, but progress is progress and this is Alpha after all.

Remember? Alpha? That thing that rocket was kind of enough to make available to us for testing and feedback long before most studios would have even announced the existence of a product?

fixing night time

It's broken?

making it so you don't die in a doorway

Again, he's fixing bugs like this constantly. Ladders were deadly when I started playing. Now they're not. Bugs exist, bugs get found, bugs get fixed. That's WHY WE ARE HERE. Do you understand that?

and the zombies having the brain capacity of Einstein

Did you read the stickied post right at the top of the fucking forums that addresses this very clearly? Did you read it?

Thought not.

They have plenty of posts sucking Rocket Cock on here.

Enjoy your ban, spanky.

I had to shoot an unarmed survivor who was following me around yesterday because he stole bloodpacks and AKM ammo out of my alice pack the second I turned my back.

Guess he thought he would find a gun and kill me before I noticed my stuff was gone.

Ok' date=' so firstly, I understand, that at this point, there is no real reason to team up with people[/quote']

I usually read an entire post before responding, as it almost always results in a more productive conversation. However, in this case, I had to stop here. Why do so many people spout this tripe?

There are many, many very important incentives to cooperative play.

All these exist already, and we're only in Alpha! We can talk about other mechanics but when you start your post by saying there are no reasons to team up, it's difficult to carry on a serious discussion with you.

There really aren't that big benefits for your average dayz'er tbh. Keyword, average.

The most commonly noted benefits are better protection, blood bags, more carry space, easier to fix up vehicles etc..But your average dayz'er wont give rats ass for those. Why bother hiking all the way to NWAF for meagre chance of finding moderate loot with high chance of dying when you can just find the nearest low end gun and start popping everyone you see. If you die you lose nothing really, you can find new gun easy enough and start over.

Persistency and general sandboxing appeal to some but not all and while I agree that those undesirables should find another game to mess around there'll always be griefers who pull the sandbox -, "survival of the fittest"- or other lame card when you question their actions. And this is just the griefer dudes, big part of even the more sensible playerbase (I'd say at least, dont quote me on this) don't want to bother with grouping, vehicles and stuff because it simply doesn't appeal to them. I mean vehicles, just why? It'd take you way longer to fix than actually hold since the vehicle stays on server while you're offline and even if it remains magically unstolen server might eat it anyway. AND even if you manage to keep it there's seriously little you can actually do with it. Driving around in arma engine is everything but fun, especially when your average car burns through gas at obscure speed.

Now if you don't care about how long your specific life in dayz lasts (I honestly dont, it's a nice detail but I've no real interest to survive for eternity, especially as it'd be a no-brainer with bunch of basic tools and water bottle) there's really quite little incentive to group up and there's awfully little that can be done about it.

Anyway, I know why many often say that there is huge benefit in grouping, it's true in part but only applies to players with certain attitude and some caring for that number stating how many dayz they've survived. For the rest, the incentives are quite non-existent and interacting with other players is only an unneeded risk.

Rocket doesn't give a shit since he apparently wants the game to be VERY realistic. So realistic that he won't bother with zombie walking through walls and doors

Except he obviously cares as he is actively fixing these bugs. Zombies can no longer attack through walls and I haven't seen them walk through one since 1.7.1.1. They still walk through doors' date=' but progress is progress and this is Alpha after all.

Remember? Alpha? That thing that rocket was kind of enough to make available to us for testing and feedback long before most studios would have even announced the existence of a product?

fixing night time

It's broken?

making it so you don't die in a doorway

Again, he's fixing bugs like this constantly. Ladders were deadly when I started playing. Now they're not. Bugs exist, bugs get found, bugs get fixed. That's WHY WE ARE HERE. Do you understand that?

and the zombies having the brain capacity of Einstein

Did you read the stickied post right at the top of the fucking forums that addresses this very clearly? Did you read it?

Thought not.

They have plenty of posts sucking Rocket Cock on here.

Enjoy your ban, spanky.

Your fanboyism is astounding. So the A.I that he was supposed to fix in the latest 2 patches fixed itself? No fucking way?! Yes Night is broken, wasn't aware I was supposed to lose complete eyesight at night. Damn that is so realistic.

yea this happens to much. just mindless killing for no reason when its suppose to be realism do as you would do in real life, but as the patches keep coming the more people are just pvping for no reason

There really aren't that big benefits for your average dayz'er tbh. Keyword' date=' average.

The most commonly noted benefits are better protection, blood bags, more carry space, easier to fix up vehicles etc..But your average dayz'er wont give rats ass for those.[/quote']

Which is precisely why this game should not be designed to cater to the "average" player. DayZ is not an average game and it's not designed for average people - nor should it be. Average people have Plants vs. Zombies and Resident Evil XIII and Left 4 Dead and Call of Duty: Zombies and Dead Island, etc. All great games and ready to play for your average gamer - they don't need to get their grubby little hands into DayZ too. Lets leave DayZ for the above average and beside average.

The "average" DayZ player charges head-long into Cherno and gets shot down or eaten approximately 6 minutes after spawning. If you want the developers to cater the game to these people, what do you think we're going to end up with when it's all said-and-done?

Why bother hiking all the way to NWAF for meagre chance of finding moderate loot with high chance of dying when you can just find the nearest low end gun and start popping everyone you see. If you die you lose nothing really, you can find new gun easy enough and start over.

That sounds like a really boring way to play the game. My last two survivors have been alive for 15 days and 11 days respectively, and I haven't been to the NWAF on either character. It's the Cherno of the north at this point. I get all the weapons, supplies and vehicles I need elsewhere.

Persistency and general sandboxing appeals to some but not all and while I agree that those undesirables should find another game to mess around there'll always be griefers who pull the sandbox -, "survival of the fittest"- or other lame card when you question their actions. And this is just the griefer dudes, big part of even the more sensible playerbase (I'd say at least, dont quote me on this) don't want to bother with grouping, vehicles and stuff because it simply doesn't appeal to them.

That's the great thing about DayZ. You don't have to care why other people do what they do. The presence of rampant PK and unrestricted PvP, regardless of the motivation, makes everything else you do in the game more interesting and dramatic. I don't "hunt" other players though I will absolutely kill them if they wander into my territory. I've had ~6 murders in the past 30 days. By no means a lot. But everything ELSE I've done in the game - every vehicle I've built, town I've looted, trip I've made etc. has been far more intense and interesting because the whole time I knew that at any moment I might come under fire from a homicidal maniac.

The game is more interesting when there are people trying to kill you all the time. Who cares WHY they do it?

Now if you don't care about how long your specific life in dayz lasts (I honestly dont...there's really quite little incentive to group up

If your goal is not to survive, there's no incentive to DO ANYTHING. What do you expect the game to do, play itself for you? I don't even understand what you're lobbying for.

you are supposed to have to way the pro's and cons of lighting up with a flare or chemlights at night, and his "fanboyism" is called "experience" some of us have been here since some really scary bugs and find posts about this to be extremely silly, considering how minor the complaints are and how hard Rocket works all the damn time to try to add new features and fix other bugs.

THIS IS NOT A PAID PRODUCT. WE DO NOT GET THE RIGHT TO ACT ENTITLED TO IT.

Stop trying to seem like you deserve X or Y, because if we had paid for this I'd be all for it, but we didn't. its a free mod with many many bugs, most of which are known about, but just because someone knows about something doesn't mean its easy to fix. I spent 8 hours in the Skyrim Creation Kit trying to script a quest start, I knew what the issue was, but it still took me 8 fucking hours to do.

Ok' date=' so firstly, I understand, that at this point, there is no real reason to team up with people, BUT, what just happened to me, is stupid, and pointless.

I spawned on the beach, started running for the nearest town, i just get into town, and get shot in the back with a shotgun, i dive for cover, get on direct chat, and tell whoever is shooting me, that i have just spawned, have no gear...they proceed to walk upto me, and shoot me while im proned, for what? my bandage and painkillers?

all they did, was force me to re-spawn somewhere else, they gained nothing...what's the point?

can someone please explain this mentality to me?

[/quote']

It's happening to me aswell... every day more and more.

I'm getting tired of this.

Today I spawned near Electro and I run at the firestation in the city to get a gun.

I run there with the painkiller and the lamp with a lot of zeds catching me. Fortunately I found an hatchet to kill all zeds.

After some minutesIi met a survivor with an M4 coming to the firestation with a lot of zeds catching him.

When he come inside the building I used my lamp to spot the zeds.

At the end when he finished killing the zeds, he turned to me and killed me with the M1911.

"WTH... are you idiXX?"

Which is precisely why this game should not be designed to cater to the "average" player. DayZ is not an average game and it's not designed for average people - nor should it be.

Totally agreeing with you here' date=' am all for making the game so hard that every casual undesirable ragequits but apparently saying that stamps you out as "hardcore realism maniac who doesn't know how to have fun". Anyway, I agree with that opinion.

The "average" DayZ player charges head-long into Cherno and gets shot down or eaten approximately 6 minutes after spawning. If you want the developers to cater the game to these people, what do you think we're going to end up with when it's all said-and-done?

I dont, I want those gone, dont get me wrong.

Why bother hiking all the way to NWAF for meagre chance of finding moderate loot with high chance of dying when you can just find the nearest low end gun and start popping everyone you see. If you die you lose nothing really, you can find new gun easy enough and start over.

That sounds like a really boring way to play the game. My last two survivors have been alive for 15 days and 11 days respectively, and I haven't been to the NWAF on either character. It's the Cherno of the north at this point. I get all the weapons, supplies and vehicles I need elsewhere.

Again, yes, it sounds boring to you, it sounds boring to me too and am not saying I do that. I just sort-of understand the reasons it's so common and happens so often. I did my best to elaborate the said reasons.

Persistency and general sandboxing appeals to some but not all and while I agree that those undesirables should find another game to mess around there'll always be griefers who pull the sandbox -, "survival of the fittest"- or other lame card when you question their actions. And this is just the griefer dudes, big part of even the more sensible playerbase (I'd say at least, dont quote me on this) don't want to bother with grouping, vehicles and stuff because it simply doesn't appeal to them.

That's the great thing about DayZ. You don't have to care why other people do what they do. The presence of rampant PK and unrestricted PvP, regardless of the motivation, makes everything else you do in the game more interesting and dramatic. I don't "hunt" other players though I will absolutely kill them if they wander into my territory. I've had ~6 murders in the past 30 days. By no means a lot. But everything ELSE I've done in the game - every vehicle I've built, town I've looted, trip I've made etc. has been far more intense and interesting because the whole time I knew that at any moment I might come under fire from a homicidal maniac.

The game is more interesting when there are people trying to kill you all the time. Who cares WHY they do it?

Again, yes, the constant fear adds greatly to the game. But like every good thing it can be overdone and _at the moment_ there's too much blatant killing. So much actually that you don't even have to go through that little internal debate to decide whether to shoot the guy or not. Contrary to populary belief noobshore, cherno and elektro are actually safest places in the world and only places where you can actually hope to meet people who don't instantly shoot you.

Now if you don't care about how long your specific life in dayz lasts (I honestly dont...there's really quite little incentive to group up

If your goal is not to survive, there's no incentive to DO ANYTHING. What do you expect the game to do, play itself for you? I don't even understand what you're lobbying for.

That's bit old argument tbh. As I already stated in my original post survival is piss easy in this game. Just find basic tools and water bottle and head off to wilderness. You can die of old age there but there's no fun in it, even to most hardcore survivalist I'd bet. Survival is bonus, real goal is to find stuff, get into thrilling situations and all that stuff.

Am not lobbying for anything really, I just understand why such a big percentage of the player base has no interest in general survival and insteads chooses the FFA sandbox which I personally despise. Personally I mainly mind my own business, trying to survive but occasionally taking needless risks when I feel bored. My char's survival is not really a factor then. At the moment I'm just roaming the noobshore hunting for those FFA-lamers with my relatively high-end gear. I naturally don't want to lose it and that's my main motivation to survive but I'll still try to do my little bit to slightly improve the overall experience for all the righteous :p

Anyways, footie time now, match has begun. Hope my main point came thru.

............. So the A.I that he was supposed to fix in the latest 2 patches fixed itself? No fucking way?! Yes Night is broken, wasn't aware I was supposed to lose complete eyesight at night. Damn that is so realistic.

so maybe you should send the dev team copies of the code you use in your perfectly performing ArmA mod so they have an example of how you programmed the A.I.

Night isn't broken, it's just not how you want it. Again something you can add to your ArmA mod then you don't have to play Dayz at all and your tears can dry.

When I go killing people I do not particularly care if they have weapons or not. By the time I got to the South cities I usually have all the ammo and supplies I need, so I don't even bother to loot people unless I've seen them having a rare weapon.

There is no point, its every man for himself. If you get shot then tough shit, play better or go play something else.

That's bit old argument tbh. As I already stated in my original post survival is piss easy in this game...Survival is bonus' date=' real goal is to find stuff, get into thrilling situations and all that stuff.[/quote']

Getting into thrilling situations is not fun if you don't come out alive. I agree "basic survival" is not interesting - it's not supposed to be. That's not the focus of this game as far as I can tell.

But there's a vast chasm between "pure survival" and the "FFA deathmatch" you propose. Those are two extremes of a very long spectrum whereupon lies a great variety of play styles.

I do not play "just to survive." If I did, as you say, I would simply retire to the forest and hunt game animals. Instead, I try to build vehicles, travel the map, search for action, and find interesting situations to get into. But all the while I am desperately trying to stay alive. I don't treat a life like a round of Counter Strike. I play strategically, travel intelligently, navigate carefully, and stay always aware.

I do these things because it makes the game more interesting, not because rocket has implemented some arbitrary reward system to encourage me to do so.

Am not lobbying for anything really, I just understand why such a big percentage of the player base has no interest in general survival and insteads chooses the FFA sandbox which I personally despise.

Fine, but again, who cares? Why is that a problem? You despise that, so don't do it. They still make YOUR experience more interesting by playing the way they do, by your own admission. So why change the system? Let them have their FFA sandbox and we can have our mixed-survival-shooter and other people can have their cow hunting simulator and still others can play Virtual Cartographer 2013, etc.

As long as rocket leaves the game free and open, it can be whatever you want it to and the presence of other players with their own goals and motivations will make the accomplishing of your goals more interesting.

Once you run out of the desire to make your own goals and start expecting rocket to make them for you, you're going to get bored really quickly I think.

And that's okay, no game - even the best - keeps anyone's interest forever.

There is no point' date=' its every man for himself. If you get shot then tough shit, play better or go play something else.

[/quote']

If you do not play the game to survive, do not complain when you fail to do so.

When I go killing people I do not particularly care if they have weapons or not. By the time I got to the South cities I usually have all the ammo and supplies I need' date=' so I don't even bother to loot people unless I've seen them having a rare weapon.

[/quote']

So why you do that?

Just for "LOL, I killed him".

IHMO this doesn't make you pro and in this way you are not playing a survival.

If you do not play the game to survive' date=' do not complain when you fail to do so.

[/quote']

Yes sir.

I play coop with a friend.

We kill anyone at sight, not because we need the loot (we are fully geared with heli crash loot and everything), but more because the fact that we actually have that loot. We have something to loose, more often than not, the survivors we meet, doesnt.

Or they want our nice gear.

Also soo many survivors doesnt listen when you communicate with them, mostly through direct chat, they ignore it, dont know if they play without sound or whats up with that.

There is no trust, and will never be a trust in this game, unless there are some serious penalties for killing a survivor.

If its reality we are after, we need a concious, we need a system that prevents the instant assinations of survivors. Sadly such a system i feel is impossible in a computer game.

contrary to what ive just said, we actually made friends with some survivors, this took alot of patience and alot of communication, and a leap of faith (when we felt a death would be okay).

"pardon my english, its not my native language"

Ok' date=' so firstly, I understand, that at this point, there is no real reason to team up with people, BUT, what just happened to me, is stupid, and pointless.

I spawned on the beach, started running for the nearest town, i just get into town, and get shot in the back with a shotgun, i dive for cover, get on direct chat, and tell whoever is shooting me, that i have just spawned, have no gear...they proceed to walk upto me, and shoot me while im proned, for what? my bandage and painkillers?

all they did, was force me to re-spawn somewhere else, they gained nothing...what's the point?

can someone please explain this mentality to me?

[/quote']

No real reason for teaming up? Ahem, what about a much more engaging and fun gaming experience and a massively increased survival chance in the long term (so long as they are good people ofc). There is a reason humans evolved as social primates, and it has everything to do with survival. Basic stuff people! Doesn't need to be a game mechanic to be a benefit, surely that is the one thing you can learn from ArmA if nothing else.

I once spawned near another player, and typed in direct chat if he wanted to team up... he just ran. I was 'wtf...' no one ever responds to my direct chat :

*snip* (nothing special to comment to)

Yes, those are all fair points and judging by those few posts I'd say you play the game as I perceive it should be played. Not that my views really mattered in the big picture but we all have our ideas.

You slightly misinterpreted my meaning though, I dont propose this game is FFA deathmatch or anything, but I have to ask you..when was the last time you, in your travels, met another survivor you didn't know from before and exchanged no shots? I'd wager it's looooong time ago, probably on the noobshore.

Am not saying rocket should make any artificial penalties, restrictions or anything but I'd like to sometimes have an encounter that didn't end in firefight. Sadly that's never going to happen (in the north that is) before the community brainstorms some code of conduct -sort of thing that most people can agree to. At the moment the game is heavily veering to general KOSing which, while not a problem for veterans will severely hinder new players. There's no chat, there's no weapon, griefers shoot you dead the moment you spawn or, if you're lucky, you'll survive for a while and later get backstabbed by the first people you meet and make the mistake of helping.

There are exceptions, but in general this game can only be played cooperatively if you play it with someone you know personally. There's no other interaction between players in game than shooting and avoiding and it's bit worrisome. The problem is only magnified by the addition of bit hc-ish elements like lack of chat and whatnot, depriving friendly survivors to really interact in the game in any way. Yes, there's voip but with its pitiful range you're usually dead before you even get within range of other player.

But enough for now, made my point and I've no interest to brute force my opinion on anyone. Different styles and opinions are good thing but the type of style OP described is (in my books) almost as harmful to the game and community as cheating (no, it's not the same thing, just as harmful).

Ban the Bandits!

They should have her own servers! On them they can pvp with peopel wo wont pvp... And surviver can live in Peace an loot without Fu**** Sniping the them!

Ban the Bandits!

They should have her own servers! On them they can pvp with peopel wo wont pvp... And surviver can live in Peace an loot without Fu**** Sniping the them!

What? And then server hop to a PvP server once all full up with gear?? Yeah, that makes sense..

I really don't get it. Why does every style of player expect all other players to conform to 'their' playstyle? It's an amazing game where many different types of gameplay can converge (unlike many other popular games).

My best day of gameplay is one where I never even SEE another player, but I absolutely LOVE the fact that there are people around me who would end my streak just for the enjoyment of fucking up my day. I don't want to be betrayed/shot in the back by another player, but take that probability away and 90% of the tension I feel in the game will be erased.

It's what keeps the game interesting...

At Rinner!

No, Only server for Surviver! You Ass***** can kill eath other... Oh it will not happen... then there is no Surviver you can snip and loot. You shit have to Loot in the Towns yourself! And learn how it is to work on your Char and not lat others do the Work!

At Rinner!

No' date=' Only server for Surviver! You Ass***** can kill eath other... Oh it will not happen... then there is no Surviver you can snip and loot. You shit have to Loot in the Towns yourself! And learn how it is to work on your Char and not lat others do the Work!

[/quote']

That's fine, but only if we can keep you permanently off PvP servers. Otherwise there is an imbalance on the difficulty of obtaining good items.