Sign in to follow this  
marsmars

Can openers?

Are can openers implemented in the game yet? havent found one so far. Died several times of starvation carrying food cans in my backpack which i couldnt open haha

Yes, they are in the game.  Check houses.  They are rare but if you look in enough houses you'll find one.

There are can openers. You can also open cans with: axe, screwdriver, bayonet, knife...

• Like 1

You can also use sharp tools like the screwdriver or knife. Have the tool in your hand and open the tin like you would with a can opener.

Just wanna sneek my own little question into this thread...

If you open a can with the driver/axe....anything except a tin opener...do you loose some of the food from the can?

I have opened a few with a screwdriver and they are never full after :(

If you open a can with the driver/axe....anything except a tin opener...do you loose some of the food from the can?

Yes. I've dropped 100% of my sardines before. Like seriously? What the f'ck kind of survivor lets that happen.

Same here...there are can openers in the game...just check some houses...sometimes very rare

Yes...if you open it with anything thats not a can opener...youll lose some food (20-30% in my experience)

Edited by XjoseX

There are can openers. You can also open cans with: axe, screwdriver, bayonet, knife...

ah ok thanks

didnt know you can open cans with screwdriver actually had that when i died lol

Bayonet doesnt work for me, but the the screwdriver and can opener do. You can find them in barns, but look close, they are small and hard to see.