Shrapnel (DayZ)

Carebear Detection Alarm! *Alarm Sounds*

Some posts slip through the cracks' date=' it's the nature of the forums. If there was a way to base post listing on user submitted rankings, i'd be all for that idea. Do some new people make good suggestions? Yes, here and there they do. But for every one of those, we get 200 of the ones that make us want to bludgeon them through the screen with a tack hammer.

But saying it's our responsibility to hold their hand and tell them why their stupid idea is stupid, no sir I don't agree with that notion at all.

[/quote']

But surely hate filled rage posts and name-calling (of all things) are not the mature way to handle the situation in the least? Surely we can give the person a dignified response in a 20 second post as too why the idea would not work rather than spend 10 minutes typing up a rage filled rant on how the 'carebears' are ruining the game and they should all be liquified into primordial goo while the rest of us enjoy spawning on the beach with the broken bones, immediate sickness and no items that the hardcore players seem to desire?

People can suggest all they want as long as they don't insult the team behind the mod because their ideas aren't being put in the game at this very second. Some also need to learn that a lot of issues are from ARMA 2 itself.

And do you really need to called people carebears? Grow up.

Some posts slip through the cracks' date=' it's the nature of the forums. If there was a way to base post listing on user submitted rankings, i'd be all for that idea. Do some new people make good suggestions? Yes, here and there they do. But for every one of those, we get 200 of the ones that make us want to bludgeon them through the screen with a tack hammer.

But saying it's our responsibility to hold their hand and tell them why their stupid idea is stupid, no sir I don't agree with that notion at all.

[/quote']

But surely hate filled rage posts and name-calling (of all things) are not the mature way to handle the situation in the least? Surely we can give the person a dignified response in a 20 second post as too why the idea would not work rather than spend 10 minutes typing up a rage filled rant on how the 'carebears' are ruining the game and they should all be liquified into primordial goo while the rest of us enjoy spawning on the beach with the broken bones, immediate sickness and no items that the hardcore players seem to desire?

I get what you're saying, I tend to try and have civil discussions, but that still doesn't help with the volume of these posts. Even if we ignore the posts, there's still gonna be nonstop new ones without some sort of guidelines preventing this

Oh shit, the anti-hate police have arrived.

Please fuck off, defending the overgrown stupidity of some of the people is only going to get you hated as much as they are.

Suggestions should only be possible after knowing the actual game and how things work.

Link Forum Account to CD Key, Let Users post suggestions after staying alive for a larger period or simply after 50 hours of playtime and let players focus at finding bugs until then.

When you have a better understanding of the engine, the game and how things work - you can suggest things in a appropriate forum.

You completely missed the point on this thread' date=' My hate is directed at the people who post suggestions that would derail the game, make it a typical 'cookie-cutter' game, or just plain post a troll suggestion just to piss people off.

Your argument is about me and the rest of the hardcore lovers shutting down suggestions that fit the description of the above said.

So you either didn't pay attention to anything ive said, or your attempting to defend the idiots.

What i want to be done about it, is make a guideline people must follow when making a suggestion, posts that dont follow the guideline receive warnings, and/or bans from that board.

Also, i was not joking about the forum moderator with the stamps, good suggestions must be sorted from the shitty posts so people can find, improve on, or change details within a good suggestion.

What makes a Good Suggestion you ask? Simple: If its related to a CURRENT game mechanic issue or change, its a good suggestion, if its a reasonable suggestion about a new mechanic that could be added later, it could be sorted as a good suggestion, allowing players to refine the idea.

The sorting would also help Rocket save time instead of digging through all the shit to get to the good ideas.

[/quote']

No I did not, and I agree on the point of a great deal of stupid suggestions are said. As I mentioned previously however, the solution is not to sit there and write hate-filled rants about how much the other players annoy you.

I completely understand why you are annoyed but my arguement stands that because of the hate being directed in the forums there are extremist views emerging in the forums pertaining the the game-mechanics. More oft than not I witness irrational hatred being sprouted over any given issue.

3rd person: the current stereotypical view is that it is unfair and unrealistic and there is no reason for it to stay despite a great deal of people enjoying it. Suggestions for it remaining a server/veteran choice are usually scoffed at for favor of it being 'realistic' or 'hardcore'.

Spawn items: Extremely popular topic at the time due to the recent change in starting equipment. A great deal of new players are finding DayZ completely overwhelming to start off with enhanced zombies and no method of protection. No one listens to them and more people call them out as if they simply want everything handed to them on a silver platter rather than discussing the suggestion of having the starting makarov returned.

The point being that the hate being directed to new players is prevented civilized discussion from taking place in favor of flame-wars.

Oh shit' date=' the anti-hate police have arrived.

Please fuck off, defending the overgrown stupidity of some of the people is only going to get you hated as much as they are.

[/quote']

Not defending them at all. People who post suggestions in general with poor grammar, with ideas that don't make sense(From a engine standpoint or the theme of Day Z standpoint), and/or while insulting the team behind DayZ are ignorant and immature, at times idiots.

Not carebears. Get off your high hardcore horse. We are all gamers, if someone wants to recommend features in a good manner in the appropriate forum they should be able to do it without being labeled with all the idiots because there feature wasn't hardcore enough or if it was too 'mainstream'.

Goodness, mainstream and casual two words I cringe when I see using to label some gamers.

This isn't a new debate, this is just Utima online continued, and every FFA PvP game since then. And it will probably go the same way:

1. Developer thinks full-loot / open-PvP is really cool and fits the theme, which it probably does.

2. People who adore that game-style take full advantage of it and start to dominate the game, because noob tears stroke their ego and they will put immense effort into it (plus shutting down any suggestion of change).

3. People not into that game-type start complaining on the forums / leaving / playing less, PvP guys start complaining the map is empty / boring since there's fewer targets and those ones are better armed and skilled.

4. Developer realises it's a problem and does something like Trammel (free and limited PvP worlds) or just rolls with it and accepts the game is more niche than it otherwise might have been.

Of course in this case it's Rocket's baby, and there is little profit incentive to decide for him, so I imagine he'll do what he wants to do.

Suggestions should only be possible after knowing the actual game and how things work.

Link Forum Account to CD Key' date=' Let Users post suggestions after staying alive for a larger period or simply after 50 hours of playtime and let players focus at finding bugs until then.

When you have a better understanding of the engine, the game and how things work - you can suggest things in a appropriate forum.

[/quote']

Now, thats going a bit to far. Limiting people in that way would cause solve some issues, but cause more at the same time.

What if someone who can only play a few hours a week finds a problem with something, and needs to post it? You just denied him a chance to be a hero.

A simple guideline could be set in place, at the same time, an "Off-Topic Suggestions" sub-board could be made, and anything/everything can be posted there. So when Rocket is feeling squirrely he can jump in there and pick up some crazy ideas from the trash bin.

A bit of organization makes a big deal when a mod becomes this popular.

"The shit pool's gettin full Randy, time to strain the shit before it overflows. I will not have a Pompeiian shit catastrophe on my hands"

Oh shit' date=' the anti-hate police have arrived.

[/quote']

Not defending them at all. People who post suggestions in general with poor grammar, with ideas that don't make sense(From a engine standpoint or the theme of Day Z standpoint), and/or while insulting the team behind DayZ are ignorant and immature, at times idiots.

Not carebears. Get off your high hardcore horse. We are all gamers, if someone wants to recommend features in a good manner in the appropriate forum they should be able to do it without being labeled with all the idiots because there feature wasn't hardcore enough or if it was too 'mainstream'.

Goodness, mainstream and casual two words I cringe when I see using to label some gamers.

Again, another person misses the point.

If you read some of my previous posts in this thread, youll understand who my hate is pointed at, please do me a favor and READ THE FUCKING THREAD before posting anything. It really prevents me from re-posting the same shit over and over again.

Also, i think ill stay on my 'high horse', since arrogance seems to piss you off. I dont like you because you cant take the time to read the pages, or even skim over the 4 pages to get an idea where the conversation has gone.

EDIT: Also, This:

"The shit pool's gettin full Randy' date=' time to strain the shit before it overflows. I will not have a Pompeiian shit catastrophe on my hands"

[/quote']

wait some players want more mechinics that are not based around PVP so the content balance is better.

wait some players want more mechinics that are not based around PVP so the content balance is better.

Your point is....?

For those who can't seem to understand by what we deem as poorly thought out ideas, let me give you a little refresher course on some of the sparkling suggestions some of our esteemed community members have given recently

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18831 - Wheelchairs so someone can wheel you around the streets of Chern

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18721 - Meteor Showers. Yep.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16291 - Drugs. You read that right, he wants meth ingame

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10080 - Playable zombie race

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17949 - Tranq gun

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18375 - Flamethrowers

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16139 - Horses

Do I need to go on? And this is within the last 12 hours

For those who can't seem to understand by what we deem as poorly thought out ideas' date=' let me give you a little refresher course on some of the sparkling suggestions some of our esteemed community members have given recently

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18831 - Wheelchairs so someone can wheel you around the streets of Chern

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18721 - Meteor Showers. Yep.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16291 - Drugs. You read that right, he wants meth ingame

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10080 - Playable zombie race

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17949 - Tranq gun

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18375 - Flamethrowers

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16139 - Horses

Do I need to go on? And this is within the last 12 hours

[/quote']

No Aron, they still wont listen, youd need about an entire months worth of stupid suggestions. So in that case, heres the links youll need to view:

- http://dayzmod.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7 - Suggestions Board.

Stop telling people to shut up, you're part of the problem. You have this delusion that Rocket is one of you, he's not, and here's the proof:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14753

He wants everyone to suggest things, he wants to hear from the PVE and the PVP crowd, he wants new ideas, and he wants the kind of elitism that this thread is born from to stop. You are not some kind of vanguard protecting "the true way," you are the hipster he addresses in the third paragraph. You're nothing more than an alpha tester, just like everyone else. Maybe you should make some of your own suggestions for the mod instead of complaining about the other people that are actually doing what Rocket wants them to do.

Hehe, "playable zombie race" FTW! xD

But then there should be special infected with super realistic abilities, like long tongues and toxic spit. Otherwise it would just get boring...

Do it, Rocket! DO IT NAO!

Kolchak you just dont understand. People like Shrapnel just want us to know how awesome they are and how "in touch" with the developers they are. Only they understand how this game is supposed to be and we should all go back to playing other games.

Holy crap I love those suggestions' date=' I sure hope some of them get implemented.

[/quote']

Pray to whatever god you believe in if that wasn't sarcasm..

That post was unnessisary and useless, try to post more useful things that cant help advance this thread in a direction that is useful to the community.

I like to babble asinine and childish things

Thats too bad' date=' dont cry carebear

[hr']

Kolchak you just dont understand. People like Shrapnel just want us to know how awesome they are and how "in touch" with the developers they are. Only they understand how this game is supposed to be and we should all go back to playing other games.

This.

Oh shit, looks like I'm the new troll target. Fun times inbound!

Shrapnel, I agree whole heartedly. People have been spoon fed everything in video games for the past few years. People have seem to forgot that this is supposed to be a difficult game and if they don't like the fact that it's difficult, that does not mean that the game will be nerfed into the ground just because some carebear finds if too difficult.

This is what gaming forums/testing forums have come to. Didn't used to be like this before every idiot had a computer.