Sign in to follow this  
RumPilot

Player bodies disappear as you kill them?

Is this a problem for everyone else? I've been jumped by 3 guys and my team killed them, and all their bodies despawned immediately. All that loot lost. What causes this?

ESC + Log out >.>

• Like 1

So what happens to their body? Were they dead or just unconcious? Do I need to kill them before they can log in order for their body to stay?

Chances are you killed them but it is a known but at the moment that causes the bodies to disappear because they cant respawn.

• Like 1

Apparently a char should die if you log out when unconscious so it doesn't matter if you killed or incapacitated them - they end up dead either way.

Due to a bug, dead bodies disappear after few seconds from death. This is fixed in the new patch, which will be rolled out soon. Just try to avoid wasting bullets on people until then ;)

You need to loot their bodies before they log out or you won't be able to drag anything off them so time is off the essence !

Rocket did this! Uh huh! I'm not lying, it's the truth I tell you!

Rocket tweeted that he has already fixed this bug, and it will be in the next patch most likely.

It is caused by dead players (Read: Dead. Not combat logged) corpses despawning after they leave the server. Most people press Esc and quit the game immediately after dying, so that's why their bodies seem to disappear within seconds of death. The Respawn button is broken atm, so that makes the issue more pronounced than it would be otherwise.