muggerfugger (DayZ)

Allow private hives, but with regulations and licenses....

you forgot free-loot for players with their own servers on the public hive.

but there will be private hives anyways, even if they want to prohibit it so...

Might want to read my post again, I helpfully put (Good) in front of both private and public hives. Assuming admins do not do this on good hives.

No "superior" overview.. as it's not going to work: arma community is pretty active, in the moment you try to enforce something, every sort of "hacked" servers will popup, and there's nothing you can do, so better to authorize it from the start (if you look at it, there's already private servers today.. imagine in a couple of months).

Might want to read my post again, I helpfully put (Good) in front of both private and public hives. Assuming admins do not do this on good hives.

you mentioned ghosting, combatlogging and hacking. buying my own server and freefarming equip does not sound like any of those.

good luck getting this to work, I'd just shit all over there liscence and do whatever I wanted with my server. and no it wouldn't/wont be taken down.

Seriously though......if you don't like the way a private server works, then purchase your own.....or don't complain. You are not being forced to play on THAT SPECIFIC server...... I love the idea of private servers. For me, day z is a survival game, not a milsim, so I don't run around trying to punish people for no reason. I like the thought of clan play/ base building and those gained their momentum on private servers. Either way, just chill out, if you don't like something, then go somewhere else.

I left public hive because it was full of hackers, combatloggers and ghosters, neither of which have even been remotely solved in the mod and which will not be solved by SA.

You mean the issues they are FOCUSING ON are not going to be fixed? This is not the mod, this is not limited by an engine they cannot modify, they can and already have, modified the engine as they see fit, these issues are not unfixable without private hives.

And in my opinion, there is no discussion in regard to if there will/wont be private hives, its already been confirmed officially that there will be private hives.

To be honest however, I feel it is way too soon to introduce them, due to the fact they are also trying to fix any issues that come up, makes it harder when you split the community up and allow essentially "custom" servers that could introduce more issues and confuse things

You mean the issues they are FOCUSING ON are not going to be fixed? This is not the mod, this is not limited by an engine they cannot modify, they can and already have, modified the engine as they see fit, these issues are not unfixable without private hives.

And in my opinion, there is no discussion in regard to if there will/wont be private hives, its already been confirmed officially that there will be private hives.

To be honest however, I feel it is way too soon to introduce them, due to the fact they are also trying to fix any issues that come up, makes it harder when you split the community up and allow essentially "custom" servers that could introduce more issues and confuse things

That is exactly what I am saying. Those issues are something that is almost impossible to fix without compromising the entire public hive structure. Hackers especially is something you will not and cannot, stop.

We'll be hosting a private hive server, it will be run as a vanilla server but on its own shard. People can donate to us or not (just as they can with any of our other hosted servers) but it wont get you anything but a thank you.

Edited by {SAS}Stalker