mrlatvian

Post your suggestions here

Hello survivors!

After the first few days of Alpha release I have found that many people post their suggestions in different topics here, on the forums, and reddit. So why not put them all together and make it like a wish list? That way Rocket and his team can easily find what the community wants and try to implement it! It's a win-win situation. Let your imagination run free and post your suggestions here. 

But please, try to keep it towards game content and gameplay improvements. No whining about balance or hurr-durr. 

I will add all the suggestions to this post like a check list with links to your original posts.

Edited by MrLatvian

I believe we got like 100+ posts like this already?

There is an entire subforum for this. Move along.

Well, technically the Suggestions Sub Forum is for the Mod - there isn't actually one for the Standalone just yet.

• Like 1

Damn, that's a shame. Would definitely weed out a lot of threads. Although I guess GD ends up being the default forum for anything game related, no matter how many subforums you create.

• Modular Base Building system.  Walls, Floors, Sand bags, boarded windows, regular maintenance.
  • Agricultural system.  Plant Apple tree's, corn, wheat, pumpkins, etc.. The script would basically "this setposition .1 height" so the model pops up from under the ground slowly on a timer between each "this setposition .2 height" and so forth until its fully visible and thus ready for harvest into food.   
  • Attachments of small gear containers, ruck sacks, ammo boxes, food boxes to vehicles once implemented.
  • Example: group1_zps53c5fd9b_4.jpg
  • Rest bi-pods on objects with in stance range.
  • MOLLE attachments for rucksacks and the ability to obtain magazine pouches for a molle vest? Double stack space per pouch.
  • A skill tree, the more points you have under certain categories the better/faster/more obtained you are when applying the skill.  Harvesting, Carpentry, Medical, GunSmith, Food preserving.  Ammunition pressing?!  Crafting shotgun loads, 9mm, etc.. 
  • Explosives.  Traps.  Mines.  Tin can, a grenade, and fishing string.  Things of that nature.  Electrical wire spool.  Batteries combined into a battery pack connected to the wire spool, wire leads to a pressure plate placed above the charge so on and so forth.  Wire spool trip wire for flare alarms, eventually once found and set up wire spool trip wire for an actual siren alarm for bigger more established bases.  

That's all I can think about at the moment.  I think with more end game activity and shit to do, you could turn it into scavenging for building supplies and implement a ton of shit to keep people busy building their base and maintaining their land.  The pure laziness of having to do shit all the time would lean more people into wanting to take in more friendlies.  Rather then the whole GEAR up, Head back south, shoot people until you die.