Sign in to follow this  
Betastorm8

Good place to find weapons and gear?

Hey there everyone! So I'm sort of new to this game. And I'm wondering where i can find Guns or Gear. I ask this because i always get killed point blank and i never get a word in. If anyone could help me out that would be swell. Thanks everyone! And happy Holidays!

Goal of the game is not in arms and equipment. This is stereotype.

Nonetheless: any military base (Krasnostav, Balota AF, North West AF, etc.) = high chance of finding something + high chance of meeting another player.

other places = low chances

Getting killed point blank and can't get a word in? Stop trying to get a word in.

I've not touched the east side of the map yet due to my spawns, which seem unusually consistent compared to the mod was, but I'd say aim for any large town and stay off the roads and out of clearings if you can.

If you get shot at, break line of sight ASAP and try to find the assailant. Don't try to talk to them either, just find 'em, lay low, and watch. From there use common sense.

I find Zelenogorsk always has something, but it often has someone as well so you have to tread carefully.

I'll just simplify what I do and hope it helps.

Get off the coast ASAP and run to nearby town (not on the coast). Drink from the local well and loot the houses for a snack and other useful items. Figure out where my main objective is and plot a course, often looting along the way. Get to my main objective, grab what I came for, and leave.

Repeat that until you die since there's not much else to do. You could become a murderer like 90% of the players who also server hop, but I find Wasteland for ArmA 2 and 3 offer the same experience and I didn't pay $30 for that.

Right. There are many good places to get guns and gear and it really depends on what you're looking for. I personally would recommend the Balota tents, weapon attachments and ammo abound, though the area has a habit of being cleared out with remarkable speed by particularly lucky fresh-spawns. Plus, the proximity of the airfield and the nearby town give you equal opportunity to obtain both food/water and a gun. (If you get there quickly after a server restart)

The biggest tip I can give you is to stick to fairly low population servers when searching loot areas, simply because it can become nigh on impossible to get decent gear on a server with 30+ people. Loot only spawns after a server restart at the moment, which means that there really isn't much to go around on servers with a high population density.

Another couple of areas you might like to consider would be the north-east and north-west airfields. They have a fairly decent amount of military loot and the such-like. Though it is quite the considerable trek to get there.

Edited by Hanku

And if you don't feel like risking your neck at those places Zyry mentioned you can check the dark wood rectangle barns, inside the wrecks of cars and the piano building or school for a mosin.

I hung out on the coast my first few days checking out the new sights, and died a lot.  After I felt that I had seen all there was to see, I started moving inland... and I rarely see other players anymore.  When I do see them, they're easy to avoid.

South end of Zelenogorsk has a fenced off area near the entrance into the town.  In this area you can probably find military grade gear + a rifle and possible some ammo.  Just tread carefully, there is a good chance you their may be someone in one of the other buildings that is loot farming server to server.

Hey thanks everyone for the tips! i went to the balota air field a got an m16 with fully repaired parts and 31/2 Clips of ammo and cool vests and helmets. Thanks everyone! i plan to stay inward now so i don't die as much!