Sign in to follow this  
Jacorvin

Guille Suit and the Backpack

I realize that it is supposed to be as camouflaged as it is, but Im just curious if there is plans to add the back pack with the guille suit. Reason being, I understand on the military side that it makes sense, but in a game that is trying to be as "real" as possible, should it really make the bag disappear.

I understand why it is the way it is, and really it would not bother me if it stayed the same, I am just curious.

I know this, but in a game where you have to eat, drink, and eventually keep yourself warm, it doesnt really make sense that you carry things in a bag that are not really there. It might also help (although not by much) with the pvp problem people seem to think there is.

Maybe the guille could cover the bag, that would make not break it too much.

I think they should make it a tradeoff so that the player can't wear the suit and have a backpack at the same time. So survivors who come across ghillie suits will have to make a decision whether to keep their backpack and the extra space it provides, or enjoy the benefits of being camouflaged.

That is actually a good idea, sacrifice space for safety. Would actually feel like it belongs in the game.

Who in his right mind would trade a ghillie suit for a backpack? Considering you need to take painkillers, morphine, food, drink and ammo for your primary with you, I don't think it's a fair tradeoff.

The ghillie suit is awesome, and let's not pretend it breaks the game or anything.

I think there should be some kind of options for camouflage for survivors outfits and backpacks that are separate from the skins. So if this feature was to be added, it wouldn't make the ghillie completely useless.

Honestly, if you were to make the ghillie's show their backpacks then it would basically render it useless.

If your able to get a guillie suit, then you earn that little bug in my opinion....then again, so does your killer ;)

I'm not too bent on the whole "well this item doesnt show" issue. Its just one of the perks of being lucky :)

Who in his right mind would trade a ghillie suit for a backpack? Considering you need to take painkillers' date=' morphine, food, drink and ammo for your primary with you, I don't think it's a fair tradeoff.

The ghillie suit is awesome, and let's not pretend it breaks the game or anything.

[/quote']

^This. Either suggestion makes the ghillie not worth having. Backpacks are the easiest way to spot players, especially the big ones. And being LESS noticeable when stationary and not firing is not worth losing a possible 24 extra carrying space.

You're digging way too deep into the "reality" bin. You have to make tradeoffs here and there to get the effect you're after - even in games that are "realistic" like this one.

I honestly think that the backpack should show. Then you can make a decision if you want to keep the backpack or go without. Personally I would look for a czeck backpack and I would be set.

I was always under the impression that your backpack would be covered by the ghillie, nothing unrealistic about that.

I suppose the model should show a lump on people´s back.

Anything else would make the ghillie suit pointless imho.

yeah either backpack or ghilli suit would be fine.

well i could understand if youd maybe able to hide the smallest one, czech vest, under it, so its not completely useless.

A backpack with the Ghillie would only be useful if backpacks reliably stayed put when you removed them. Meaning you could leave your pack hidden somewhere and go off and snipe.

the suit is fine imo! stop complaining about it!

I bet you're only reporting this "bug" because you didn't have one and you got killed by someone who has one

as much as this game is close to realistic as possible! People needs to remember that this IS a GAME. if one wants perfect realistic game then one would just go join the army and let out some zombie poison.

I think you'll find that in the future updates of this game that all sort of different clothing/skins will become available.

1 of the reasons is the tempreture IE- warm coates and scarfs and shit instead of flip flops and speedos !

Another would be at present we all look like WALL-MART stormtroopers . . . . unless you have the FABLED ghilie or camo but then you just get shoot on sight for showing off or being mistaking for a bnadit !.

I quit like the bandit skin , they should bring it back as a findable option to wear ! i mean you really would be a badarse if you DECLARED YOURSELF as hostile from 1000m off !

And just a quick thought on the subject if you use a ghilie suit yeah your pack should be seen but be in camo too , or dose the ghilie make you like micky mouse in fabtasia ? you know capable of casting spells and shit . . . drop the pack hunt in your ghilie simple soloution i reckon.