twingunz

Full Screen Windowed

Anyone know how to make the game full screen windowed there appears to be a window option but it forces a 540 window or something around that anyone know how to get fullscreen windowed working?

In your config file (my documents/dayz) there are entries for winW,WinH  and winDefW, winDefH, These are probably what you're looking for, haven't tried changing them myself but it could be worth a go, just change them to your native screen res and take a look.

Good luck:)

• Like 1

awesome thanks for the pro tip man!

Edit: i'll report if it works as it may help others ;)

Edit 2: Tested.. works... kinda... after you set it you still have to resize the window yourself and can't make it borderless or even make it fit close to full screen without it looking really weird lets just say i went back to standard full screen. Try if you like but yeah it works just.. not well

I'm sure they'll enable borderless window soon... i hope!

Edited by twingunz

In the same file there's an entry Windowed=0, maybe if that's set to windowed=1 it might help, dunno, just guessing :)

ps. If the value changes back to 0 when you restart the game I think you can force it to stay by enclosing it with speech marks eg: windowed="1"

again, I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere in relation to the "maxframesahead" setting.

thanks for the xmas beans, yum yum :)

• Like 1

In your config file (my documents/dayz) there are entries for winW,WinH  and winDefW, winDefH, These are probably what you're looking for, haven't tried changing them myself but it could be worth a go, just change them to your native screen res and take a look.

Good luck:)

Works for me.  I have a 3 monitor setup but I can't imagine that would be the only reason it works.  You will see the window borders on adjacent monitors in a multi monitor setup but that's not really much of an annoyance.  My settings:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW="1920";

winH="1080";

winDefW="1920";

winDefH="1080";

refresh=60;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=2;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1";

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead="1";

HDRPrecision=16;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2087387136;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=1;

AToC=7;

SWLayersCount=64;

PipQuality=0;

PPAA=2;

Windowed="1";

Edited by norf3n
  • Like 2

If you move your cursor over the frame of the window and click and drag the size you want. Something is buggy because when you move over from the arrows to size don't show.

you guys are heros got it working no more alt+tab to my second screen, it's a good day!