theantifanboy

Can't do anything! Ping/bandwidth/desync 0, right-clicking on items shows "Retrieving..." can't manual respawn?!

Every single time I log in, this happens:

1gmvIME.jpg

• I have 0 ping/bandwidth/desync, which I assume means I'm not communicating with the server at all
  • I can't equip/unequip any items or weapons.
  • I can't move things around my inventory.
  • Right-clicking an item causes a "Retrieving" pop-up to show up. No turning on/off flashlights, eating food, loading guns, nothing.

This happens on EVERY server I join, and I can't seem to find a way around it. I can't respawn either!

Anyone else having this issue?

• Like 2

Make sure your firewall is allowing for DayZ to communicate with the outside world =)

Like above also, if it happened after a client patch, a firewall or virus checker may have block/lock the client.

BUMP!  I am having the same damn issue, making matters worse I am logged in and slowly starving to death and have an inventory full of food and water! Help me gods of the apocolypse!

Yeah i have this a lot too only started happening 3 days ago now i'm lucky to be able to play for 10 minutes go anywhere then go to shoot a zombie to realise i can't change anything i wait 5 mins then all of a sudden a zombies beating on me my gears damaged and i'm bleeding out... annoyance! 

This started after the last patch for me so i'm wondering if it was something that was changed server side with the last patch (not the beta patch yest the main patch before that) I'd be playing now but i quit as it's just to much of a hastle waiting 1 -2 mins for a door to open sometimes it's lasted over 5 mins before i've given up. sucks!

I have this issue posted in the BUGS section also. Waiting for some reply from a forum admin or any pro coder.

Keep us posted! i am highly interested in this

Still nary a word, yet I am slowly dying. Cannot even kill myself to a zed, he just stands there twitching in front of me.

[FIXED] OK i think this is only me but i fixed my problem it was my network cable from my modem to PC i have a bunch of spare network cables still bagged and i was like ok lets try basics 101 ripped out the old network cable plugged in the new one and i haven't had a single problem since.

I did this after my last post here sooo *checks post* well over 2 hours of testing, normally i can't play for 10 minutes before desync issues and everything 0 under 'p' and when i used to log in i couldn't even change weapons without waiting 5 minutes for everything to settle, that's all resolved now (so far) also my ping is more stable and spikes less, so check your network cables if you haven't already it may be as simple as that for you guys as well.

Edited by twingunz

So i got my game to start working again, it was an inventory issue. Stacking plastic boxes inside each other caused major issues I suppose.

This tends to happen to me later at night around 3AM, and it's been happening since the last patch (so about 3 days). You can still run around and people can see you moving, but you get no incoming data. Your desync is up around 10,000 to anyone else.

Edited by Publik

hmmm after being fixed for like 3 days the last 24 hours my game has become completely unplayable i've been running tests trying to work out what it is and it seems you don't desync until you move about 100 meters.

When i log in on all my tests i was able to change weapons swap things out etc even if i stand there for 5 minutes doing it it will all work instantly but as soon as i move the desync kicks in and locks me out of the game this is driving me crazy as i've almost died numerous times from zombies because of this as i don't realise im being attacked as i have my axe ready head into town after checking the desync and it's good then as soon as i turn a corner a zombie is standing there not caring about me and i know hes beating on me haha and when i move somewhere safe to log out and test a new server yep as soon as i log in i'm bleeding out.

This is making the game completely unplayable for me right now and i can find no reason why this is happening

I've tested to see if i'm having the same issue on other games which i am not i can play arma 3 online fine no issues at all and same with gtao good clean gameplay with no latency issues but as soon as i try dayz this issue repeats itself, so frustrated at this!!!

I think my initial success must of been a well timed fluke; anyone had any luck working around this? 

God i hate desyncing while playing with mates it's terrible :(

It gets you killed by players and zeds and it's annoying as hell... Needs a fix :D

• Like 1

Got the same issue, fix with emptying inventory of stacked containers didn't work for me. Hope situation resolves soon...

:(