ThirdSinger

Please make sure Zombies are fixed before you buff them.

What I mean by this is make sure they don't no-clip through doors, hit you through walls, or other silly things.

Since this isn't a mod alpha, but a game alpha, you need to prioritize fixing the major bugs like ghost zombies. That's what an alpha is all about.

Since this isn't a mod alpha, but a game alpha, you need to prioritize fixing the major bugs like ghost zombies. That's what an alpha is all about.

Actually, it's about getting all necessary systems implemented. Fixing all the lousy little bugs comes later.

• Like 4

Actually, it's about getting all necessary systems implemented. Fixing all the lousy little bugs comes later.

I'm pretty sure fixing the zombies in a zombie survival game is "getting a necessary system implemented."

What Max said.

Once they've got the zombie code to a point where they can put the number of zombies they actually want on the server and they've got all the related features and tweaks working, that's the point when you look at sorting things out like the glitching.

It's been said a thousand times before over the past week, but one more time won't hurt. DayZ is not at a point where you should be playing it looking to have a glitch-free and entirely playable experience. At this point in time, we are little more than glorified testers, and each and every one of us accepted that when we handed over our money and then accepted it again every time we click 'I understand' when the game launches. We are not here for a smooth and seamless playing experience, we are here to deal with whatever the developers throw at us for the greater good of the finished product we paid for.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure fixing the zombies in a zombie survival game is "getting a necessary system implemented."

One of the threads i created Rocket explains what they are doing to fix it . Here is a link to the thread http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156140-zombies-that-walk-through-doors/

Edited by YZ250

What Max said.

Once they've got the zombie code to a point where they can put the number of zombies they actually want on the server and they've got all the related features and tweaks working, that's the point when you look at sorting things out like the glitching.

It's been said a thousand times before over the past week, but one more time won't hurt. DayZ is not at a point where you should be playing it looking to have a glitch-free and entirely playable experience. At this point in time, we are little more than glorified testers, and each and every one of us accepted that when we handed over our money and then accepted it again every time we click 'I understand' when the game launches. We are not here for a smooth and seamless playing experience, we are here to deal with whatever the developers throw at us for the greater good of the finished product we paid for.

I'm fully aware that I'm an alpha tester.

My point is that zombies need to work properly in order for the alpha to be ready to move on to 'beta'. They're an integral part of the experience, far too large to not be fixed in a reasonable timeframe.

• Like 1

My point is that zombies need to work properly in order for the alpha to be ready to move on to 'beta'. They're an integral part of the experience, far too large to not be fixed in a reasonable timeframe.

Well obviously they need to be fixed before the game moves onto beta. What I (and although I can't speak for him, I assume Max) am trying to say is that in the current state of the SA, it's a very minor issue. Other issues like getting the zombie numbers up to an acceptable level, getting them respawning properly and then getting all the various other systems in place have to take priority over a bit of 'ghosting'.

It's the same with server hopping. No-one's denying it's an issue, it's just not a priority right now, so it'll be tackled once some of the bigger problems have been solved and it moves up the list a few notches.

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 1

I would much like to see the Zed's fixed within Alpha...

But i think it's near the bottom of deans list, They still need to address Hacking, combat logging, Server hopping etc etc

Although zeds are a critical part of the game, unfortunately they are only mere placeholders for now :(

Is it me or does no one follow up on Rockets interviews / streams etc? Srsly.

The game has been out for 3 weeks? And you are talking about the things that it need to go into beta? Slow down a little mate.

There are more important things they should focus on first.  

I would much like to see the Zed's fixed within Alpha...

But i think it's near the bottom of deans list, They still need to address Hacking, combat logging, Server hopping etc etc

Although zeds are a critical part of the game, unfortunately they are only mere placeholders for now :(

read above the Link answers just that !!!

read above the Link answers just that !!!

haha cheers i see it "We a working on the zed's but no eta" <<< What i expected ;)

haha cheers i see it "We a working on the zed's but no eta" <<< What i expected ;)

Or this  ROCKET " Currently our lead programmer has a solution to stop this locally, it has not been checked in yet as it requires geometry changes on some models. No ETA on release of it as yet. " 

Or this  ROCKET " Currently our lead programmer has a solution to stop this locally, it has not been checked in yet as it requires geometry changes on some models. No ETA on release of it as yet. " 

Yeah... Basically what i para phrased above ;)

What about making buildings a solid object for all dynamic parts of the game. Anything moving essentially.  It seems like zombies are able to ignore objects in game.  Other than that, zombies are perfect and just need better spawn rates and numbers.

I remember the first time I saw the zombie: "Oh hello Zombie, you will never get here"............. walk through 2 walls.