Hakiki

Blurred vision

Hi everyone.

First of all, I never played the game as a mod to Arma, but I recently saw it on steam and decided to give it a go, so my experience is almost nothing.

After some hours of running around I think I have gathered up on the most basic crucial knowledge, but my current situation I can't seem to understand.

With my current character I have had a quite decent run.  I have 35 slot backpack, good pants, jackets, and a vest, and a couple of nice weapons.  Before I got all that though I have been hit by zombies a few times, which seem to be affecting my character with blurry vision.

I never got the message that I was bleeding, but still I have tried to bandage myself just in case.  I have drank so much water that my character says he is full.  I have also eaten food steadily over time until my character said he was full. (I didn't binge eat it though, in a previous life I did that and I turned sick.)  Even though I have done all that my character still has blurry vision.  I figure this is an effect that the game puts on me due to some  condition I have somehow, but I can't figure out what.  I tried food, I tried anti-biotics, , I tried water, and I have some disinfectant alcohol that I can try if that is needed, but no matter what I try the blurry vision on my game prevails.  

From what I understand this should be because of lack of blood, but I have been running around with a full stomach (both food and water, and refilled occasionally), as I understand being full on energy and hydration should encourage blood regeneration, which SHOULD turn away the blurriness. 

And now to the question(s):  

Am I wrong about blurry vision being because of blood loss?

Could I really be okay, but the alpha-state is causing blurriness to not disappear?

Are there other conditions that could cause blurriness to vision than blood loss?

If needed to fix myself I still have some anti-biotics, pain killers, vitamins, more food, water,  epi-pen with morphine, and some first aid equipment like empty blood bags, syringes, IV start kit, and bandages.  And if all else fails I can just type my eyes shut with duck tape to pretend I'm already dead :D

Any tips welcome.

Clean wounds with alcohol and eat/drink a lot. You will get an icon saying "Healing" in your inventory-screen. Eventually your vision goes back to normal. Alternatively, you can get someone to use a Saline bag on you.

Eat/drink a lot.

This worked for me!

Edited by Redwolf

Turn off post processing & reduce motion blur and set FXAA no higher than normal.

Edited by vandal gab

It turns out I was just being too impatient.

After running around for around half an hour in total with blurry screen, my character info in the inventory menu said "healing" and then later on "healthy".  The blurring got better during the healing period, and it was all gone by the time it said healthy. 

Thank you all for the tips though, I'm sure they'll come in handy next time :D

• Like 1