Sign in to follow this  
Frzzek

A n00bs first impression of Dayz

My first encounter with another player, the guy kept nervously telling me "don't look at me, sit down, sit down". Then he hand cuffed me and punched me to death, I was laughing the whole time. I had some average pick ups, but overall I thought it was a cool experience.

My second encounter, I stumbled across the famous Airfield, I met a guy, tried to help him, but he ran away. I then Alt+tabed out of dayz, to come back to a guy shooting me to death. This was after I got some neat pick ups. I was a little frustrated, but didn't care too much. I figured he just wasted a bunch of ammo on some stuff he already had, or does not want.

Third encounter the guy said he was friendly, he said he needed food, I said I didn't know how to trade, so he shot me to death. I laughed it off and moved on.

Overall, I really love the game, even the frustrating moments are fun in a sense. I do hope they implement some kind of grouping feature, so it can add another element to the game. I know there are some groups out there having fun, but for me to find a friendly who wants to group is near impossible. If there was a grouping feature to make it easier, I would be all for it.

I can't wait to see what new updates bring!

• Like 7

^ This is probably the best and safest way to group right now - find a like-minded player on the forums and meet up with them on a server somewhere. It's just so much easier and hassle-free than trying to find someone who won't blow your face off just because they have ammo and nothing to use it on. Hopefully that aspect of the game will improve in time as more features get enabled. :)

Welcome to the world of no self-control where if games don't make your teammates invulnerable, we all shoot each other dead.

Unless you know them IRL, or at least before DayZ, don't trust them. Ever.

Dayz is so much fun. PvP interactions (rather your outcome from it is life or death) is what adds replay value. Enjoy the game, and I am also looking forward to the updates!

Welcome. To truly be one with the Holy Trinity, the Beans, Dean and the Dew, you must realise that in DayZ there is no right or wrong, no second thoughts, no conscience.

Also don't alt tab out of the game, that's just dumb.

If you play long enough you are on the other end of the gun soon  :P

Oh please, after playing the mod since May 2012, I'm still at the wrong end most of the time -_-

Bilbo Baggins: I have... I have never used a sword in my life.

Gandalf: And I hope you never have to. But if you do, remember this: true courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one.

Fair Comments, but you find your own Groups this isnt Console. Our Group is starting back up for Dayz as are many, check them out get on their Team Speak and see if you fit in and enjoy the Chat, dead simple been going on for years ;)

I don't think they'll ever add any grouping mechanic to the game.  Your best bet is to use outside resources like these forums to find groups or just try your luck with randoms in game.  Glad you're enjoying your time in DayZ.

Join a group on their TS.  I became acquainted with the people I play Day Z with through the Takistan Life server we play on.

Really refreshing to see this kind of response from a new player, nice that you take even the somewhat frustrating parts and enjoy them.