Sign in to follow this  
StayAlive (DayZ)

Coast Spawn Gear Up Tips

Greetings community,

I'm a new player that would like to share with you some of my experiences surviving at the cost before heading into the wilderness. I have had some quite successful runs doing these strategies, so, why not share them. Remember: These are a bambies viewpoint and might not be the most efficient way to survive. That said, i have still not died at the coast doing this.

1. When you start, run to the nearest town and do a quick scan of the closest building. If the door is open, run into the middle of the village and check for closed doors. A lot of people get lazy after they have found most of what they need and tend to forget about center buildings. If no loot, find a well if possible and run to the place you can see in the horizon. Do the same strategy here and if you find loot for an example in the center, start from there and move around expanding outwards in a circular fashion. Always exit the door you entered so you don't loose track of where you are. Another good thing about starting in the center, is that you are more likely to avoid getting shot by snipers and seen by new spawn.

2. People say don't run, i say run. Run between towns and run inside buildings and try to avoid running in the same direction.  A bandit will have more of a problem hitting you and new spawns will not be able to hit you with melee attack. Always run while using keyboard [Alt]. Look for any sniper's nest, look sideways and look behind you.

3. When searching for loot, try to adapt you eyes to a quick search method. Look fast for objects using corners and any edges in the room to rest you eyes on. There is no need to prone when looking under the bed, simply look under the bed before you enter the room as you then will have a decent angle to see any objects under there. Before exiting the room do two/three fast keyboard: [tabs] in the area and see if you missed anything. Don't use to much time, as you are more likely to meet someone. Don't stand still while you are looking,  but move fast and at the same time efficient.

4. Take only what need and forget about everything else for the moment. Find a sharp tool for food cans., camouflage clothes, rags/bandages, water/food and a backpack. That is basically it.

5. Start running doing what i have mentioned, but slow down as you have gotten what you need of food/water and other useful gear. Now you need to plan where to go into the wilderness and at the same time doing so without detection.

Edited by StayAlive
  • Like 4

And don't forget Kids "Don't talk to strangers". ;)

Informative beans sir

Edited by Aussie Bogan

Assuming you can keep up with the higher demand of water/food while running, go and run as much as you want. My tactic is usually go for the wilderness and find a inland village first, they are generally less visited = less of the buildings are clear of loot. You might say going right inland is bad, but I have memorized the direction I need to go from each of the (few) spawn points, plus you do not loose anything but a few mins of jogging if you die.

Edited by Shenanigans