NagsterTheGangster

The only sign that isn't in Russian on DayZ -_-

I just googled stop signs around the world and most countries use the same stop sign as we do...

Russia is not one of them lol

• Like 3

I just googled stop signs around the world and most countries use the same stop sign as we do...

Russia is not one of them lol

Irrooonnnyyy

Actually, in Russia we use several types of STOP signs, including that one on the pic.

The one in the pic is the best one, because it's the only octogonal shaped traffic sign, so you can recognize it as a stop sign from both sides. Enjoy that useless fact.

Also the game takes place in the Czech Republic so don't know whats up with all the talk about Russia.

Also the game takes place in the Czech Republic so don't know whats up with all the talk about Russia.

Are you sure? It doesn't mean the game takes place in the Czech Republic just because devs are from there.

Edited by cptShizan

Are you sure? It doesn't mean the game takes place in the Czech Republic just because devs are from there.

It was Ivan's home for 20 years, as he says in this

Gallery of the dev teams trip to real chernarus http://goo.gl/Rgi3X

• Like 1

The game does not take place in czech republic... it is based on an area in czech republic, but it takes place in a fictional area called Chernarus, so they can use whatever stop sign they like to. ;)

The game does not take place in czech republic... it is based on an area in czech republic, but it takes place in a fictional area called Chernarus, so they can use whatever stop sign they like to. ;)

Well, you're right too. So, in that case, what do we know about Chernarus? Does somebody know what devs talk about this country?

Edited by cptShizan

Well, you're right too. So, in that case, what do we know about Chernarus? Does somebody know what devs talk about this country?

There's a whole game, bunch of DLCs and a lot of lore about Chernarus... it's called ArmA2. :P

Edited by Ceallach
  • Like 2

The local Slavic population constantly had to fight off the raiders from the southwest so it was traditionally bound with Russia, but always kept its independence.

http://www.arma2.com/arma-2/arma-2-chernarus/140-chernarus.html

So i guess it was some kind of Slavic nation forced to be part of Russia.

Oh, that was much easier to find some facts about Chernarus than i expected. Anyway, thanks for info and link guys!

Edited by cptShizan

Guess we all need to learn Russian now? dafuq. Chernarus is suppoes to be a place on the Black Sea coast...I guess? Also, someone stated, that you could tell exactly at what °N it is situated by looking at the night sky?

Chernarus is fictional area and doesn't take place anywhere. But it's inspired by Russia and Czech Republic..... There are lots of signs in Russian and also in Czech... czech is almost on every billboard..... what isn't in azbuka is in czech... :D They made fun of it..... They know that almost no one understand czech....  and it's funny..... like names of drinks..... ŽLUTÁ ŽGRYNDA [ʒluta: ʒgrinda].... is somethink like yellow goo :D

• Like 1

Actually, in Russia we use several types of STOP signs, including that one on the pic.

I think Ive seen about every possible Stop sign here in Russia, except that one haha.

I just saw that you live pretty close to Sosnovka...

Guess we all need to learn Russian now? dafuq. Chernarus is suppoes to be a place on the Black Sea coast...I guess? Also, someone stated, that you could tell exactly at what °N it is situated by looking at the night sky?

And since Russia, Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania and Ukraine have coast lines to the black sea, your point being? You want the game in Turkish? There is many cities ерфе exists in Russia that have the same names as in the game, I myself have traveled through Kamenka outside of Moscow. 

Edit : http://goo.gl/maps/lbj4M

Chernogorsk, Kamenka, Rogovo and Berezino(the ones I remember how to spell in russian. 

Edited by carlj